ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child with 20 years old with EU settlement as child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gianig
Newly Registered
Argentina

Child with 20 years old with EU settlement as child

Post by gianig » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:26 am

Hi

My son with 20 years old, very close to have 21, Argentinean National with Italian Mother. He didn't made the Italian citizenship because covid19 travel restrictions.
But He received previous 30/jun/2021 the pre-settlement connected with the Pre-settlement of their mom.
Here in the UK he is working.

In Argentina previous to come to the UK and since 5 years ago, have a girlfriend and lived with her.
Now She want to join him here in the Uk. Exists some route to obtain the permission to reside in the UK with their boyfriend? Both have the rights to be Italian since born, but because Covid was impossible to travel at the correct time.

kamoe

Re: Child with 20 years old with EU settlement as child

Post by kamoe » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:30 pm

gianig wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:26 am
Hi

My son with 20 years old, very close to have 21, Argentinean National with Italian Mother. He didn't made the Italian citizenship because covid19 travel restrictions.
But He received previous 30/jun/2021 the pre-settlement connected with the Pre-settlement of their mom.
Here in the UK he is working.

In Argentina previous to come to the UK and since 5 years ago, have a girlfriend and lived with her.
Now She want to join him here in the Uk. Exists some route to obtain the permission to reside in the UK with their boyfriend? Both have the rights to be Italian since born, but because Covid was impossible to travel at the correct time.
1. Was he a UK resident before 31st December 2020? If not, this is a dead case.
2. If the answer to the above is yes, then they would need to prove they are not simply a young boyfriend and girlfriend couple with "plans for the future". Instead, they need to show proof of solid evidence of an already established relationship, with solid financial commitments or the joint responsibility of raising a child. The main mistake people make for the unmarried partner route, is thinking that "unmarried partner" means any couple that is not married, which can't be further from the truth. Read this post, it should give you an idea of what the route requires.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.