ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship delays: FOI and an application for an Order for Mandamus via the High Courts

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zoie777777
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship delays: FOI and an application for an Order for Mandamus via the High Courts

Post by zoie777777 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:58 pm

hi dub23 i am almost in same stage as you are applied in oct 2018 and 2 weeks ago after jr got letter saying we will give decesion in 3-4 months, and that'll end in fab 2022. please keep me posted if you received anything

Shelter
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship delays: FOI and an application for an Order for Mandamus via the High Courts

Post by Shelter » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:32 pm

zoie777777 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:58 pm
hi dub23 i am almost in same stage as you are applied in oct 2018 and 2 weeks ago after jr got letter saying we will give decesion in 3-4 months, and that'll end in fab 2022. please keep me posted if you received anything
Me too in the same situation .. I applied in Oct 2018 sent JR notice in on Oct 18 they said don't go to court we will give decision in 12 weeks (untill 18 jan 2022).. just waiting..

Dub23
Ireland

Post by Dub23 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:30 pm

Zoie777777 I got my approval letter this week. +- 2 weeks after my solicitor sent the "warning" letter.
zoie777777 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:58 pm

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:59 pm

Just a little update guys.

So my solicitor sent first warning letter to citizenship to make a decision or we are going to court for JR. I applied same day with my children, so my solicitor sent the the first warning letter as one letter on behalf of me and my children. I was about to instruct my lawyer to send second warning letter because the days we told them to respond is about to expire. Boom i received a response from citizenship today and this is what they wrote:

(a) Reason for the delay of applications, High court cases of 2019. Number of applications granted from two years ago. Outburst of Covid in 2020. Dealing with third countries EES/EU area. Huge number of threats for judicial review from applicants. And lot of improvements.

(b) Don't go to court for Judicial Review. We will issue you and your children decision in 12 week
s

I will not rely on their 12 weeks as there are cases of 12 weeks promise but still did not make decision on their application, so i won't put my hope high on them. I'm thinking i should reject their 12 weeks offer and go straight to court to force a decision? I applied in February 2020 with my children same day. What do you think guys? Thoughts?

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:14 am

Folks I am waiting for daughter's naturalisation for over 20 months now. Is it too early to raise a FOI ?

Fghost
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Fghost » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:33 am

I am waiting for 26 months now. I have applied early Oct 2019 based on 21 years of residency in Ireland, I am an EU citizen working as a public servant. I got a letter in Feb 2020 saying my application is in the advanced stage. In Aug 2021 I was asked to do e-vetting. It is ridiculous that this whole process takes so long. My friend who is a non EU citizen and who applied a year after me already got her citizenship. Every time I ask them for an update I get a standard email back that due to Covid there are delays. I wonder if I should engage a solicitor at this stage of if I should just apply again.

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:00 am

Hi guys

I sent the request to the FOI for my citizenship Application delay on 11th November, got the message back, dont know what exactly means, do anyone have similar experience,i appreciate it if you can share with me and should i go for the Solicitor now, thanks.

Section 15(1)(i) 15. (1) A head to whom an FOI request is made may refuse to grant the request where— (i) the request relates to records already released, either to the same or a previous requester where— (i) the records are available to the requester concerned, The records that have been refused have been either supplied by you or relate to correspondence received from you or issued to you and therefore it is reasonable to expect that you already have access to these records.

Rights of Review
In the event that you are not happy with this decision you may seek a review of this decision by writing to the Freedom of Information Officer, foi@justice.ie seeking an internal review of the matter and referring to or enclosing a copy of this letter. You should submit this application for a review of your request within 4 weeks from the date of this notification, where a day is defined as a working day excluding the weekend and public holidays. The making of a late application for review may be permitted in appropriate circumstances. The review will involve a complete reconsideration of the matter by a more senior member of the staff of this body and the decision will be communicated to you within 3 weeks.

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:12 pm

By the way it s my firsr time to apply FOI request,but i sent the request document through.the emial and letter in.the same day, would that be affect it?

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 pm

Eddie guo wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:00 am
Hi guys

I sent the request to the FOI for my citizenship Application delay on 11th November, got the message back, dont know what exactly means, do anyone have similar experience,i appreciate it if you can share with me and should i go for the Solicitor now, thanks.

Section 15(1)(i) 15. (1) A head to whom an FOI request is made may refuse to grant the request where— (i) the request relates to records already released, either to the same or a previous requester where— (i) the records are available to the requester concerned, The records that have been refused have been either supplied by you or relate to correspondence received from you or issued to you and therefore it is reasonable to expect that you already have access to these records.

Rights of Review
In the event that you are not happy with this decision you may seek a review of this decision by writing to the Freedom of Information Officer, foi@justice.ie seeking an internal review of the matter and referring to or enclosing a copy of this letter. You should submit this application for a review of your request within 4 weeks from the date of this notification, where a day is defined as a working day excluding the weekend and public holidays. The making of a late application for review may be permitted in appropriate circumstances. The review will involve a complete reconsideration of the matter by a more senior member of the staff of this body and the decision will be communicated to you within 3 weeks.

That means FOI not giving you the info they provided to you already in your previous request. They only giving you new info since your last FOI request.

I got the same message.

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:02 pm

NF13 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 pm
Eddie guo wrote:
Hi guys

Rights of Review

That means FOI not giving you the info they provided to you already in your previous request. They only giving you new info since your last FOI request.

I got the same message.
What did you do after? It s my first time.to apply it, but when.i apply, i did twice, one way through the e-mail, another one i sent the documents by post again at the.same day, so i receive the email respond yesterday, but i Haven't receive any letter by post since now, so i m kinda confused

Moh25ah
Ireland

Post by Moh25ah » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Eddie guo wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:02 pm
NF13 wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:
Hi guys

Rights of Review

I got the same message.
What did you do after? It s my first time.to apply it, but when.i apply, i did twice, one way through the e-mail, another one i sent the documents by post again at the.same day, so i receive the email respond yesterday, but i Haven't receive any letter by post since now, so i m kinda confused

I know someone in the same situation, Applied for the first time for FOI and received the same letter from them.

The only explanation is that they have a time frame they won't release the documents before a certain time pass on your application
They are trying to reduce the number of people that goes to JR by dealing their FOI.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:23 pm

Moh25ah wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:52 pm
Eddie guo wrote:
NF13 wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:
Hi guys

Rights of Review

I got the same message.

I know someone in the same situation, Applied for the first time for FOI and received the same letter from them.

The only explanation is that they have a time frame they won't release the documents before a certain time pass on your application
They are trying to reduce the number of people that goes to JR by dealing their FOI.

I know someone who applied for FOI and they only Part Grant. They only issued records of GNIB registrations of the the person. This is what they wrote in their decision:

A decision has been made on your request by ........, Higher Executive Officer,
who has decided to part grant your request under section:
Section 15(1)(i)

15. (1) A head to whom an FOI request is made may refuse to grant the request where—

(i) the request relates to records already released, either to the same or a previous requester where—

(i) the records are available to the requester concerned,

I've never heard of "Part Grant". Why not full grant the request? What are they hiding. I was even thinking maybe she has committed crime and maybe they don't want to disclose it to her, but she's confident that she has never committed an offence up till date. I have no idea why they said Part grant.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:49 pm

Eddie guo wrote:
NF13 wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:
Hi guys

Rights of Review

I got the same message.

When I got this part granted on my 2nd request, I checked what they sent me the first time and the 2nd time to understand.

The first time - FOI info i received basically showing my signed applications and documents - -Here I want to see if my documents received everything and nothing missing. If anything missing there should be a note and this can delay my application - also you can argue if you go to JR that they did not request for the missing document. Also I want to see the status of my application showing "waiting to be process".

The 2nd time I applied FOI is because I wanted to see if the status has changed from "waiting to be process" or "application currently in process".

From here you can decide if still no movement you can opt to go to solicitor etc. FOI showing No missing documents, therefore, no reason for the delay and your case is stronger because it shows your file is sitting there collecting dust for long time.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:54 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:23 pm
Moh25ah wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:
NF13 wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:
Hi guys

Rights of Review

I got the same message.

I know someone who applied for FOI and they only Part Grant. They only issued records of GNIB registrations of the the person. This is what they wrote in their decision:

Section 15(1)(i)

15. (1) A head to whom an FOI request is made may refuse to grant the request where—

(i) the request relates to records already released, either to the same or a previous requester where—

I've never heard of "Part Grant". Why not full grant the request? What are they hiding. I was even thinking maybe she has committed crime and maybe they don't want to disclose it to her, but she's confident that she has never committed an offence up till date. I have no idea why they said Part grant.

First time request - They provide full grant from the day you applied for citizenship to the date you requested the FOI.

2nd request - They provide new info in your file. They will not give you the same info they already given you the first time.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:59 pm

In this case, it was the applicant's first time and they only part grant. So how come?

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:00 pm

NF13 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:54 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:23 pm
Moh25ah wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:
NF13 wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:
Hi guys

Rights of Review

I got the same message.

Section 15(1)(i)

First time request - They provide full grant from the day you applied for citizenship to the date you requested the FOI.

2nd request - They provide new info in your file. They will not give you the same info they already given you the first time.

This is the applicant's first time and they only part grant. So how come they didn't want to grant her full records? Absolutely shocking.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:23 pm

Eddie guo wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:12 pm
By the way it s my firsr time to apply FOI request,but i sent the request document through.the emial and letter in.the same day, would that be affect it?
He sent FOI request twice by email and by post. In FOI records it is showing twice.

Eddie - did you email back to them and tell them you did not receive info you requested the first time?

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:25 pm

NF13 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:23 pm
Eddie guo wrote:
He sent FOI request twice by email and by post. In FOI records it is showing twice.

Eddie - did you email back to them and tell them you did not receive info you requested the first time?
No.i havent done it yet, was planning to wait for couple days more see what is goin on

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:25 pm

NF13 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:23 pm
Eddie guo wrote:

No.i havent done it yet, was planning to wait for couple days more see what is goin on

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:12 pm

Sent FOI request via email..what are the next steps ?

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:46 pm

Nre123 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:12 pm
Sent FOI request via email..what are the next steps ?
Wait 🤨

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:23 pm

Hi guys thank God finally today I got approval letter after 3 and half year since i submitted mt application through judicial review ..

🙏 🙏 🙂🙂

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:39 pm

Shelter wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:23 pm
Hi guys thank God finally today I got approval letter after 3 and half year since i submitted mt application through judicial review ..

🙏 🙏 🙂🙂
Congratulations

do you actually went into JR ? and the court granted in your favour, or just your solicitor issued a JR notice letter to citizenship.

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 pm

ailA2019 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:39 pm
Shelter wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:23 pm

🙏 🙏 🙂🙂
Congratulations

do you actually went into JR ? and the court granted in your favour, or just your solicitor issued a JR notice letter to citizenship.
after first hearing of the case .. department negotiated with my solicitor and today I got approval..