ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cannot remember previous application details.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Cannot remember previous application details.

Post by bex654 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:42 am

Hi All,

I am filling my application form for neutralisation. On the application form, it asks: "Have you made any other UK immigration application in the UK or abroad?".

I have a few applications that were submitted by solicitors while I was working for my previous employer and I was not provided with a record of my applications. I only remember the dates I submitted my biometrics and nothing else. For some of my student visa applications, I literally could not find any record. But I remember applying for them. So my questions are:
1. for the ones that I do not remember any information, do I just fill in my name and whether it was submitted in the UK or not?
2. Will submitting incomplete information cause any issue or do I need to find a way to find all the information, even if that is required if known?

I am surprised that they still ask for this information despite having a record themselves.

I appreciate any input.
Thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Cannot remember previous application details.

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:15 pm

You can fill this in partially, ncluding using details you know and estimates for dates. Some fields are "if known" anyway. You can add an explanatory regarding this. This shouldn't be an issue for your application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:38 pm

Ask your solicitors for a record of your previous applications?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:12 pm

Thank you both. I have reached out to previous solicitors. Let me see if they can provide that information because my company also changed solicitors while I was employed.

Can I ask a further question:
I came to the UK on Tier 2 in 2015 November. But I was on holiday during 2016 December. Does this mean I cannot submit my application this year December even I have been on ILR for 12 months?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:33 pm

Correct - you have to have been physically present in the UK on the day five years back from the application date. The 12 months wait from ILR grant is not relevant for this - it's a statutory requirement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:45 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Urgent Proof of living in the UK for 5 years - UKVCAS advising differently

Post by bex654 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:54 pm

Dear respected gurus,

I have attended my UKVCAS appointment today for citizenship application my biometrics. I have believed that we could provide our passport if it was stamped at the entry as proof of 5 years living in the UK. But the lady at UKVCAS said I should also upload something like P60, Bank Statement or council tax bill to prove this. She also gave me a paper saying I need to submit this before10 pm tonight. I am confused now. Does it mean that this information becomes mandatory?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:56 pm

But the lady at UKVCAS said I should also upload something like P60, Bank Statement or council tax bill to prove this.
None of this is required as you followed the tier 2 to ilr route.

These documents are required for those who followed the EU regulations rules route as their passports are NOT stamped when entering the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:56 pm
But the lady at UKVCAS said I should also upload something like P60, Bank Statement or council tax bill to prove this.
None of this is required as you followed the tier 2 to ilr route.

These documents are required for those who followed the EU regulations rules route as their passports are NOT stamped when entering the UK.
Thanks a lot. They should be given adequate training.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:00 pm

UKCVAS is a third party agency and are not immigration or nationality advisors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.