ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shridhar26
India

UK Visitor Visa for Parents

Post by Shridhar26 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Apologies if this query is asked in other threads. I tried to search among them but i could not find any which were relevant to me.

About me:
I currently hold ILR and my british citizenship application is in progress. I have got citizenship approval and ceremony is still pending on end of Jan-2022.

My wife is on dependent visa and we both are employed in UK.

My wife is pregnant and expecting baby in April-2022

I would like to invite my mother, mother in law and my brother on visitor visa in next few month before April-2022.

My mother and mother in law are home makers. My brother works in IT India.

My mother has more than 10 lac rupees in her account as balance. She also has 1 acre land and a house in India.She has travel history of USA for 6 months.

My mother in law has 8 acre land and house. But have less than 5 lac rupees bank balance.

Qn1) Do we need to apply for visitor visa from UK or Is there any other Indian site ?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ - we are planning to apply from this site.

Qn2) Should i apply visitor visa to my mother and mother in law as ILR or Citizenship? I think its ILR since i don't have UK passport yet. But want to confirm

Qn3) What is the safest option i have so that visa are not rejected. Is it safe to apply for all three of them or should i apply for only one.If its only one , who has less rejection chance based on the property holdings ,bank balance and travel history.

I wanted my brother to accompany my my mother and mother in law for safer travel during covid time. Since i did not want to travel to india as my British citizenship application is in progress. I still need to apply for OCI. I heard OCI appointments and approvals are getting delayed.

Qn4) If i can apply visa for all three of them how much balance is expected in my account(If any required). Otherwise how much bank balance all three of them should have for safer visa approval.

Qn5) What is the ideal reason i can provide for reason to visit. As the wordings are important, I am thinking of mentioning as below.
Is it advantageous if i dont mention about my wife pregnancy at all in the reason.
"I would like to visit my son and daughter in law. Also if i get chance would like to explore few of iconic places in London and other places of UK."

Qn6) If we mention in application that parents are planning to stay for 4 months in UK and if they stay for 6 months based on visitor visa max stay , would that be a problem in next visitor visa application after few years ?

If there are any do's and don'ts and suggestions please let me know.

secret.simon

Re: UK Visitor Visa for Parents

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:28 am

Apart from property, what other strong links to India do they have?
Shridhar26 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:07 pm
Qn6) If we mention in application that parents are planning to stay for 4 months in UK and if they stay for 6 months based on visitor visa max stay , would that be a problem in next visitor visa application after few years ?
This has been known to cause issues in the past.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:57 am

My mother and mother in law remaining whole family everyone stays in India. What other things can be used as connection to India. Can you please give some examples.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:57 pm

I will answer the questions I know.

- you have to apply via gov.uk webiste visitor visa.
- I think it is safe to mention your status as ILR, so that you can prove easily. Remember, sponsor not being in any violation of rules is important.
- For the three people, I think you should apply separately as no option in the application itself to group them. (only in cover letters and additional info)
- best to apply individually as cases are considered on their own merits.
- if they are home makers, how do they support themselves? any business or any other income? coz case worker considerers disposable income which is all available income - expenses.
- to establish strong roots, you can mention any ties and ask your self why they will go back and not stay in the UK.

- If I were you, I will not mention pregnancy as it offers no value and if anything adds more expenses for you.

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:07 pm

Based on your suggestion, I guess its sensible to apply visa individually. I am thinking of applying visa for mother in law initially.
She has consistent income of 7-8k INR per month but she has withdrawn the money recently leaving her with current saving of 25K. I can sponsor her visit as I have sufficient funds with me in my UK and Indian account.

I have concern that her visa may get rejected based on insufficient funds in her bank account.
But she does have all properties in her name with evaluation more than 50K GBP. All siblings stay in india except me (I hope this convinces the immigration office that she doesnt intend to live in UK with all her family back in India. Is it sensible to provide any documents related to this?).

I have 2 options in front of me.
1. Either I can transfer money into her account now and show her bank statements as proof of funds
2. OR I can mention myself as sponsorer in her application , will that work even if she doesn't have sufficient balance in her bank account?

What's the best way to proceed to show proof of funds so that her visa is not rejected.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:57 am

Shridhar26 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:07 pm
Based on your suggestion, I guess its sensible to apply visa individually. I am thinking of applying visa for mother in law initially.
She has consistent income of 7-8k INR per month but she has withdrawn the money recently leaving her with current saving of 25K. I can sponsor her visit as I have sufficient funds with me in my UK and Indian account.

I have concern that her visa may get rejected based on insufficient funds in her bank account. If you are sponsoring her, while considerations of her financial standing will be taken, yours is of more relevance and low balance in her account should not on its own lead to rejection of her application.
But she does have all properties in her name with evaluation more than 50K GBP. All siblings stay in india except me (I hope this convinces the immigration office that she doesnt intend to live in UK with all her family back in India. Is it sensible to provide any documents related to this?). Yes, shows Asset in home country which is a tie.

I have 2 options in front of me.
1. Either I can transfer money into her account now and show her bank statements as proof of funds
2. OR I can mention myself as sponsorer in her application , will that work even if she doesn't have sufficient balance in her bank account?

What's the best way to proceed to show proof of funds so that her visa is not rejected.
Using the sponsorship can stand you in good stead.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:38 am

Shridhar26 wrote:

This is actually one of the more common reasons for rejection. Larger sums of money going into the applicant's account before the visa application are seen as an attempt at disguising the actual financial situation. I would not recommend it.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:13 pm

ALKB wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:38 am
Shridhar26 wrote:

This is actually one of the more common reasons for rejection. Larger sums of money going into the applicant's account before the visa application are seen as an attempt at disguising the actual financial situation. I would not recommend it.
This is true... OP, make sure that you avoid doing this as this will lead to immediate visa rejection.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:36 pm

ALKB wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:38 am
Shridhar26 wrote:

Correct, account padding. Hence the suggestion for him to go as sponsor for the applicant

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:42 pm

well, if you can send the money way before they apply, let's say 3 months before, then their statement won't show the transaction. This will be much easier than having you as a sponsor in terms of document preparation.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:19 am

Thank you all,
I am planning to show both me and my wife bank transactions as evidence of financial support.
Should we have 2 different invitation letter or can we have one invitation letter on behalf of both of me and my wife to mother in law?

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:13 am

Hi,

My parents visas have been approved this morning and I will share my experience as I was in the same boat as you. I applied via the priority route and it was approved in 3 days after biometrics in India.

Please see below:

Better not to mention pregnancy as domestic help is expected to be paid.

My father is a retired government official and doesn't get pension every month as he was paid a lumpsum whilst retiring. He had fixed deposits of around 18k GBP in India and his savings balance was less than 2 lakhs INR. We deposited 2 lakhs (not as one transaction) into the savings account 45 days ago. My mother is a house wife and the fixed deposits are jointly held by both my parents.

I maintained 7K GBP in my UK current account and provided 6 payslips, 6 months bank statement and letter from employer confirming my salary. I declared £3000 pounds per person for their visit of 3 months which included flight tickets.

Regarding documents from India, I provided a valuation report of our property and also got a financial summary from a chartered accountant listing savings balance, fixed deposits and property value. This may not be necessary but I provided it to add more weight to the application. You may need a NOC from other account holder if the properties or accounts are jointly held.

Your brother may have to provide a letter from employer mentioning the authorised leave for the proposed visit and his salary details to prove his return from UK.

You will need to provide them with an invitation letter and sponsorship (if you are willing to) about the visit. The reason could be as simple as 'I would like my XXXX to visit me and my family and spend quality time with us and explore few tourist attractions in the UK if possible'.

You will need to apply visit visa on gov.co.uk website and once you make the payment (Rs10000) you will be redirected to VFS India website. You will then book an appointment for biometrics. Each person will have their own application reference and their own biometrics slot.

You or the applicant will be able to opt for priority and super priority service at this point. Also there are other VFS services like document scanning (Rs1000), document checks (Rs575), sms service (Rs175) and courier service (Rs650). I booked the priority service (Rs22800) along with the all the above services.

You or the applicant will need to upload scanned copies of the required documents on VFS portal. I uploaded all the documents from here itself as I asked my parents to send me all the scanned copies by email.

The important part is to prove strong ties to their home country. Assets, FDs, savings and any family ties will help. I provided my brother's identity documents that stated my parents name. All these documents will add strength to the application and are required even you are fully sponsoring the visit.

Regards,
DKV

david214
Newly Registered

Post by david214 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:00 am

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have few questions and I would appreciate your reply.

1. Did you submit flight itinerary? If so was this through a travel agency?
2. After uploading the documents electronically on the portal did your parents also took a copy of all documents with them to the visa processing centre?
3. Did you also include the marriage certificate to prove your parents are married?

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:29 am

Hi,

Please see below:

1. No, not required.
2. They don't need to carry all documents if you scan them. Better to scan them yourself as it will make it easy for them. The only documents my parents carried were original passports and cover letter.
3. Not required as parents passports should have spouse details.

indianVisitor
Newly Registered
India

Post by indianVisitor » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:16 pm

Hello DKV, your post has been very helpful for me trying to gather documents for my parents and in a somewhat similar situation to you. I have a question regarding below highlighted line.
DKV wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:13 am
Hi,

My parents visas have been approved this morning and I will share my experience as I was in the same boat as you. I applied via the priority route and it was approved in 3 days after biometrics in India.

Please see below:

My father is a retired government official and doesn't get pension every month as he was paid a lumpsum whilst retiring. He had fixed deposits of around 18k GBP in India and his savings balance was less than 2 lakhs INR. We deposited 2 lakhs (not as one transaction) into the savings account 45 days ago.
How did you transfer this money? did this show in your dad's savings account since you have provided 6 months of the statement, did you give justification of where he got this money from, and how did you justify it so as not to get considered as part of funds parking?

My mother is a house wife and the fixed deposits are jointly held by both my parents.

I maintained 7K GBP in my UK current account and provided 6 payslips, 6 months bank statement and letter from employer confirming my salary. I declared £3000 pounds per person for their visit of 3 months which included flight tickets.

Regarding documents from India, I provided a valuation report of our property and also got a financial summary from a chartered accountant listing savings balance, fixed deposits and property value. This may not be necessary but I provided it to add more weight to the application. You may need a NOC from other account holder if the properties or accounts are jointly held.

Your brother may have to provide a letter from employer mentioning the authorised leave for the proposed visit and his salary details to prove his return from UK.

You will need to provide them with an invitation letter and sponsorship (if you are willing to) about the visit. The reason could be as simple as 'I would like my XXXX to visit me and my family and spend quality time with us and explore few tourist attractions in the UK if possible'.

You will need to apply visit visa on gov.co.uk website and once you make the payment (Rs10000) you will be redirected to VFS India website. You will then book an appointment for biometrics. Each person will have their own application reference and their own biometrics slot.

You or the applicant will be able to opt for priority and super priority service at this point. Also there are other VFS services like document scanning (Rs1000), document checks (Rs575), sms service (Rs175) and courier service (Rs650). I booked the priority service (Rs22800) along with the all the above services.

You or the applicant will need to upload scanned copies of the required documents on VFS portal. I uploaded all the documents from here itself as I asked my parents to send me all the scanned copies by email.

The important part is to prove strong ties to their home country. Assets, FDs, savings and any family ties will help. I provided my brother's identity documents that stated my parents name. All these documents will add strength to the application and are required even you are fully sponsoring the visit.

Regards,
DKV

AGM23

Post by AGM23 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:09 pm

DKV wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:13 am
Hi,

Please see below:

My father is a retired government official and doesn't get pension every month as he was paid a lumpsum whilst retiring. He had fixed deposits of around 18k GBP in India and his savings balance was less than 2 lakhs INR. We deposited 2 lakhs (not as one transaction) into the savings account 45 days ago. My mother is a house wife and the fixed deposits are jointly held by both my parents.

Regards,
DKV
Congrats and thanks for sharing

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:26 am

Hi Indianvisitor,

We deposited 2 lakhs in their savings account 45 days before the application was submitted. The money was deposited in 4 transactions (90k + 35k + 40k + 35k) to avoid a big sum at once.

I didn't declare the source of these funds as I was the full sponsor.

indianVisitor
Newly Registered
India

Post by indianVisitor » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:31 pm

Thanks, DKV. appreciate your help mate.

pathanMustafa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by pathanMustafa » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 pm

@Shridhar26 any updates on your application ? How did it go ?

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:35 pm

Hi, visa application has been made for mother and in law. It's still in progress. I will post my timeline with updates once I receive some updates from vfs.

bkg2021
Newly Registered
India

Post by bkg2021 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:51 pm

Dear @Shridhar26 . I wanted to apply for visitor visa for my parents. could you please share the process ? I was trying to apply on my parents behalf but now sure where to start

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:35 pm

Thank you all. Sorry for late updates. Brother got visa within 2 weeks. Mother and MIL in 5 Weeks.

gautam410
Newly Registered
India

Post by gautam410 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:33 pm

Congratulations Sridhar bhai, did you mention they will be travelling together in the dependent section of visa form ? Also can you please share list of documents you applied for each applicnt? It will be of lot of help for me and other people like me who are collecting their documents for their mother and father. Thanks in advance

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:11 pm

I applied all visas individually and appointment dates were on different days.

Invitation letter was from my wife to MIL and mother.

Documents for Mother Visa,
-------------
Sponsor (Wife) Documents,
• Evidence of Relationship document between me and my wife. Since i am main visa holder.
o Marriage Certificate
o My Passport
• Evidence of Accommodation – Mortgage Statement, Council Tax Statement
• Wife Passport and Visa copy
• Wife Copy of the Pay Slips for the last 6 months
• Wife Copy of the Bank Statements for the last 6 months
• Wife P60 forms for the last 1 year
• My Bank Statements – Last 6 Months

Applicant (Mother) Documents,
• Mother Original & Copy of the Passport (AIl Pages)
• Evidence of funds & Support:
o Copy of the Bank Statements for the last 6 months
o Copy of Fixed deposit Bank Statements for the last 6 months
• Evidence of Relationship document.
o Marriage Certificate to prove relationship between My wife and me.
o Relationship between Me and Mother. My Passport.
o My wife passport
• Evidence of Land Ownership.
o Land Holding document which includes affidavit and Land Holding certificate.
-----------------

gautam410
Newly Registered
India

Post by gautam410 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:14 am

Thanks a lot, Sridhar. Appreciate it.