ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-Settlement refused. New document: old submission or new submission?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Pre-Settlement refused. New document: old submission or new submission?

Post by EJulian » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Hello,

Please, I'd like to know if it is better to provide new documents starting a new submission or recovering the old and refused submission.

I'm the non-EU unmarried partner of a pre-settled EU citizen. My EUSS was refused due to lack of Family Permit. Now we got my FP and tried to start a new submission, but automatically it opened up the old submission, and unexpectedly it's able to upload new documents ("Provide requested evidence or photos").

Timeline:

2020 December: application for EUSS.
2021 January: biometric.
2021 February: EUSS refused because there was no Family Permit.
2021 May: application for FP.
2021 June: biometric.
2021 November: EUSSFP approved.
2021 December: the old application for the EUSS is still open and available for uploads.

Thank you all.

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Pre-Settlement refused. New document: old submission or new submission?

Post by EJulian » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:18 am

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EJulian » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:40 pm

My "status outcome" still shows the decision made in February.

Your application has been refused
Date of decision 2 February 2021

https://view-immigration-status.service.gov.uk/status

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:06 pm

EJulian wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:46 pm
Now we got my FP and tried to start a new submission
How exactly did you start a new submission? You should now be able to use the app for that now that you have a card... (this might or might not help, but worth to try).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EJulian » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:22 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:06 pm
How exactly did you start a new submission?

You should now be able to use the app for that now that you have a card... (this might or might not help, but worth to try).
The Family Permit is a vignette in the passport.

I tried to start a new submission for the EUSS with passport number, date of birth and telephone/email.

Then it opens the submission refused in February, and it it available for uploads. Well, I have uploaded the FP and received an automatic reply. Even that it is still available for uploads.

To try to check if it is going to be evaluated or if it is something wrong with the form, I also tried to send a “paid email”, but I’m not sure if now it is free of charge or if is free of charge if sent from inside the UK.

And no success calling them.

Tks.

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EJulian » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:26 pm

Automatic reply when uploaded FP to refused SS submission:

Dear xxxxxxx,

Application number: xxxccccx.

Your evidence has been uploaded and submitted.

We will look at the files you have uploaded. You will receive an email with your status when we have processed your application.

If you need to upload more evidence, sign in to your application using the link below. To sign in you will need the travel document ID you used during your application. The travel document ID you used ends in *****.

Sign in to your application at https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... /dashboard

Contact us

If you need help, contact UK Visas and Immigration at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

This email was sent to ************¥ as a user of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) visa application service.

Read our privacy policy https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... itizenship. Information about the visa application process is available on the visas and immigration pages of the gov.​uk website https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration.

This service is provided by https://www.gov.uk the website for the UK government.

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EJulian » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:30 pm

In this moment I’d like to know if the refused submission is going to be processed again to check the new evidence, even it was uploaded ten months after the result.

It says I can withdraw this submission, but then I should call them, which I have been doing unsuccesfully.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:51 pm

EJulian wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:22 pm
kamoe wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:06 pm
How exactly did you start a new submission?

You should now be able to use the app for that now that you have a card... (this might or might not help, but worth to try).
The Family Permit is a vignette in the passport.
But of course. Silly me.
I also tried to send a “paid email”, but I’m not sure if now it is free of charge or if is free of charge if
Have you tried this form?

I don't think it matters too much which options you tick (application already submitted or application not yet submitted), in the end you are offered a free writing text box in which you can explain your situation. They usually answer within 48 hours (at least that was the case earlier in the year).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EJulian » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:30 am

kamoe wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:51 pm
Have you tried this form?

I don't think it matters too much which options you tick (application already submitted or application not yet submitted), in the end you are offered a free writing text box in which you can explain your situation. They usually answer within 48 hours (at least that was the case earlier in the year).
I have. From outside the UK, last time in november to ask about the Family Permit. It was paid to send, there was a protocol number and it was answered the next day.

From inside the UK, I sent it last week, to ask about this new upload in the old Settlement Scheme submission, but with no charge, no protocol number and no answer yet.

Thank you @kamoe.

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EJulian » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:04 pm

UKVI replied.

I have to apply again for the SS. The old application is ended.

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EJulian » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Do Not Reply: Resolution Centre - Application submitted and in progress

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email enquiry dated 16 December 2021 regarding your submitted application.

You’ve asked if your application is still awaiting a decision, as you’ve uploaded further evidence.

Having checked your application for status under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS), we can confirm that it has not been successful.

We ask that you check your email inbox as well as your spam and junk folders for caseworker correspondence dated 02 February 2021 which details the reasons for refusal, if you have not already.

Any further evidence you upload to this application will not be considered, as the application was already refused in February.

There remains scope, indefinitely, for a person who believes they are eligible for status under the EUSS to make a late application to the scheme where there are reasonable grounds for not meeting the deadline.

Every late application will be considered on its individual merits, and this guidance, published on 01 July 2021, provides further information on late applications and those who can continue to apply:
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ligibility

To re-apply please use the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status

Please select ‘Start Now’, followed by ‘Prove your Identity’, to begin a new application.

Please note: If you have previously uploaded evidence to an application that has been refused or rejected, this will not be considered by our case working team and you will be required to submit a new application with the appropriate evidence.

Should you require further information about the EU Settlement Scheme, please go to https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families or alternatively, contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre by phone on 0300 123 7379 (from inside the UK), 0203 080 0010 (from outside the UK) or by submitting a further question using the online enquiry form https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so, we would be grateful if you could complete our customer survey xxxxxxxxx

Please note we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.

Yours sincerely,

EU Settlement Resolution Centre

UK Visas & Immigration