ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for my wife spouse visa from out of UK with a dependent child, But they deducted only one person visa fee & IHS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa income requirement Less pay in one month because of Sickness

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:40 am

Dear Members,

I am preparing for my wife spouse visa application from outside the UK (i am in UK and british citizen).

during last six months i was maintaining around 1200 a month (gross) from one salaried job, and 1400 a month from non salaried job (i get paid weekly in second job).

in first job 2 months ago i got sick and could not attend work for 2 weeks. My employer did not pay me for those two weeks even after i supplied gp's sicknote and other details. It is manager's discretion if he wants to pay or not. so in that month my pay is almost halved.

Now i am worried that how will i meet the financial requirement as in first job my 1200 a month pay sequence is broken and ukvi will calculate the lowest paid month salary for 6 months. Is there anything i can do about it as i was genuinely sick and i have all medical record. I mean a human can get such compassionate situation and should there not be an exception when you are sick and can't reach to income requirement in any specific month?

i shall be very thankful for your kind answers.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa income requirement Less pay in one month because of Sickness

Post by TODMATT » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:28 am

arcticsoul1989 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:40 am
Dear Members,

I am preparing for my wife spouse visa application from outside the UK (i am in UK and british citizen).

during last six months i was maintaining around 1200 a month (gross) from one salaried job, and 1400 a month from non salaried job (i get paid weekly in second job).

in first job 2 months ago i got sick and could not attend work for 2 weeks. My employer did not pay me for those two weeks even after i supplied gp's sicknote and other details. It is manager's discretion if he wants to pay or not. so in that month my pay is almost halved.

Now i am worried that how will i meet the financial requirement as in first job my 1200 a month pay sequence is broken and ukvi will calculate the lowest paid month salary for 6 months. Is there anything i can do about it as i was genuinely sick and i have all medical record. I mean a human can get such compassionate situation and should there not be an exception when you are sick and can't reach to income requirement in any specific month?

How much did you got paid from the salaried job? Have you been employed in the non salaried job for 6 months? If the answer is yes, how much in total have you earned in the last 6 months?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:47 am

How much did you got paid from the salaried job? Have you been employed in the non salaried job for 6 months? If the answer is yes, how much in total have you earned in the last 6 months?
[/quote]

thanks foe the Reply. yes i have been in salaried job for last 6 months and till now i have earned 1200 gross for 5 months and 680 gross for one month when i was sick.

in my non salaried job my pay varies. until now in last 6 months i have earned 5900 from second non-salaried (weekly pay) job.

I am in a tricky situation. if i count minimum salaried pay (680x6 = 4080) then i am atleast 1200 short as i have to show 22400 (wife and a child).

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:48 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:28 am
arcticsoul1989 wrote:
Dear Members,

[/quote]

thanks foe the Reply. yes i have been in salaried job for last 6 months and till now i have earned 1200 gross for 5 months and 680 gross for one month when i was sick.

in my non salaried job my pay varies. until now in last 6 months i have earned 5900 from second non-salaried (weekly pay) job.

I am in a tricky situation. if i count minimum salaried pay (680x6 = 4080) then i am atleast 1200 short as i have to show 22400 (wife and a child).

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:17 pm

arcticsoul1989 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:48 am
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:28 am
arcticsoul1989 wrote:
Dear Members,

[/quote]

680(lowest) x 12 = £8,160 (salaried)
5900/6 x 12 = £11,800(unsalaried)

= £19,960 (Both jobs) at the moment, this can only sponsor your wife and not your child so you have huge decision to make.

19,960 - 22,400 = £2,440(shortfall) can you do more overtime because it will definitely help you if you can do some overtime.

Looking at the link posted above by Vinny, is the reason for the sickness due to Coronavirus? If yes you can use income prior before you went on sick leave even the guidance already allowed this.

Another option will be how long have you been employed at both? because you could also apply under category B if you have earned £22,400 in the last 12 months with the combination of current and previous employers.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visa and IHS fee Payment for my wife spouse visa

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:03 pm

Dear Members,

with due regards i need some information about payment for my wife spouse visa application and IHS fee.

I am in UK and sponsoring my wife for spouse visa and son as her dependent from Pakistan. She is about to apply and i am going to fill the online form and everything.

Can i pay their visa application and IHS fee from my UK account and debit card. Or it has to be paid by only her from a Pakistani bank account and card.

I shall be very thankful for your kind responses.

regards....

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visa and IHS fee Payment for my wife spouse visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:17 pm

arcticsoul1989 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:03 pm
Dear Members,

with due regards i need some information about payment for my wife spouse visa application and IHS fee.

I am in UK and sponsoring my wife for spouse visa and son as her dependent from Pakistan. She is about to apply and i am going to fill the online form and everything.

Can i pay their visa application and IHS fee from my UK account and debit card. Or it has to be paid by only her from a Pakistani bank account and card.

regards....
You can pay the fees from your UK account and debit card.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:17 pm
arcticsoul1989 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:03 pm
Dear Members,

regards....
You can pay the fees from your UK account and debit card.
Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I work for NHS but i guess i shall not get IHS exemption as it is for nhs work permit holders and not for british NHS staff..which is a very unfair thing.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:52 pm

You can get a reimbursement later.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

applying for my wife spouse visa from out of UK with a dependent child, But they deducted only one person visa fee & IHS

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:56 pm

I applied for my wife spouse visa and we have a son (5 years old) who is our/her dependent.

But when i finished the application only my wife's IHS and visa fee is deducted. I checked many times by going back to application to see if i have correctly added the child details as her dependant. and it is added.

Now i am worried that how can i correct it. as per my understanding i have to pay a fee and IHS for every dependent added.

Can you please advise me if anyone has recently applied spouse visa with a child dependent (wife and a child).

regard

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: applying for my wife spouse visa from out of UK with a dependent child, But they deducted only one person visa fee &

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:57 pm

You have to complete TWO application forms, one for each person applying.

Adding a child to your wife's apllication does NOT create an application for the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: applying for my wife spouse visa from out of UK with a dependent child, But they deducted only one person visa fee &

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:28 pm

thanks for your comment.

are you sure i have to submit separate form for m son?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:44 pm

As mentioned above, it's a two different application.

1, Appendix Partner
2. Appendix Child

Once you submit your child application, you won't be required to pay for IHS but you will be sent a top up link to pay for your child. If you work for NHS, you will still be required to pay for IHS and you can apply for reimbursement later.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:38 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:44 pm

1, Appendix Partner
2. Appendix Child

Once you submit your child application, you won't be required to pay for IHS but you will be sent a top up link to pay for your child. If you work for NHS, you will still be required to pay for IHS and you can apply for reimbursement later.
thank you for your reply. i have just completed the appendix child application. do you have any idea when the top up link will be sent and does it has to be before biometric or after bio metric.

I shall be very thankful for your valuable information.

sk13aaa
Newly Registered

Post by sk13aaa » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:43 pm

hello,

I read your post and I'm in the similar situation. Today I applied for my wife and son from India to join me.

How did you link your child's application with the main applicant?

I mean, while filling your child's application (Appendix FM Child), were there any option to include your main applicant's reference number?

It will be helpful, if you share your experience.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:53 pm

sk13aaa wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:43 pm
hello,

I read your post and I'm in the similar situation. Today I applied for my wife and son from India to join me.

How did you link your child's application with the main applicant?

I mean, while filling your child's application (Appendix FM Child), were there any option to include your main applicant's reference number?

It will be helpful, if you share your experience.
Yes, while filling appendix child online form, in mothr and father detail section, you will be asked if one of your parent has already applied to join the partner in united kingdom. there it asks for the reference number of that applicant. Unlike wife application, you will not be asked to provide your salary and finance details and will only be asked about accommodation. In the last declaration section, i counter signed the application of my son as his parent and legal guardian and i have to provide a consent letter when they will go to submit the documents and biometrics.

thanks for your reply. Have you already applied for both of them? did you get any IHS top up link till now to pay IHS for the child application

sk13aaa
Newly Registered

Post by sk13aaa » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:10 pm

Hi,

thank you so much for your reply. I have to cancel my son's application now and submit another form with correct details.

Did you choose "I am the parent or legal guardian of the applicant who is aged under 18 and completing and submitting the form on their behalf" while submitting your child's application?

Also, did you provide your wife's details as 3rd party declaration or your details?

I did provide my wife's details and in the checklist it asked for a consent letter to be signed by both parents. Is it the same in your case?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:18 pm

arcticsoul1989 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:38 pm
TODMATT wrote:

1, Appendix Partner
2. Appendix Child

thank you for your reply. i have just completed the appendix child application. do you have any idea when the top up link will be sent and does it has to be before biometric or after bio metric.

You have to be patient and the top up link will come.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:14 pm

sk13aaa wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:10 pm
Hi,

thank you so much for your reply. I have to cancel my son's application now and submit another form with correct details.

Did you choose "I am the parent or legal guardian of the applicant who is aged under 18 and completing and submitting the form on their behalf" while submitting your child's application?

Also, did you provide your wife's details as 3rd party declaration or your details?

I did provide my wife's details and in the checklist it asked for a consent letter to be signed by both parents. Is it the same in your case?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience
yes in declaration section, i have chosen to be his parent and legal guardian to sign the application.

no in third party declaration i have provided my details and in mother and father section i have provided wife's details. there they asked for the wife's application reference number and i have provided that too.

wish you very good luck and i hope we get the success.

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:15 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:18 pm
arcticsoul1989 wrote:
TODMATT wrote:

1, Appendix Partner
2. Appendix Child

I was just curious about the time frame. I wish the link comes after application has been decided. But as you said, lets be patient. and thanks for your support.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:21 pm

arcticsoul1989 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:15 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:18 pm
arcticsoul1989 wrote:
TODMATT wrote:

1, Appendix Partner
2. Appendix Child

I was just curious about the time frame. I wish the link comes after application has been decided. But as you said, lets be patient. and thanks for your support.
The time frame is difficult to know but you will get the link before the application for your child is decided for certain.

sk13aaa
Newly Registered

Post by sk13aaa » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:01 pm

Hi,

thanks for you help earlier.

I cancelled my son's application and trying to fill a new one. I reached the section where it is requesting details about the accompanying parent (my wife details).

I can see it is asking for a Home Office Reference number. Here is says "If a previous application has been made to remain in the UK, a reference number can be found on letters from the Home Office, called 'Our Ref' or 'Case ID'. If not known, please select 'No'."

I thought It is referring to CASE ID or Reference ID, where an application is applied for a Leave to Remain in the UK. So I left it empty.

is this the correct section?

thanks

arcticsoul1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arcticsoul1989 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:02 am

sk13aaa wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:01 pm
Hi,

thanks for you help earlier.

I cancelled my son's application and trying to fill a new one. I reached the section where it is requesting details about the accompanying parent (my wife details).

I can see it is asking for a Home Office Reference number. Here is says "If a previous application has been made to remain in the UK, a reference number can be found on letters from the Home Office, called 'Our Ref' or 'Case ID'. If not known, please select 'No'."

I thought It is referring to CASE ID or Reference ID, where an application is applied for a Leave to Remain in the UK. So I left it empty.

is this the correct section?

thanks
yes that is the section where you have give reference of your wife's (one of parent of child) spouse visa application reference number.

sk13aaa
Newly Registered

Post by sk13aaa » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:11 pm

Hello,

thank you so much for sharing the information. I have submitted my son's application now. yet to upload the documents online.

I will keep you updated on the progress.

If you receive any update or queries please do share.

Thanks to everyone for their support.