ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Query (Minor born outside India)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secuser
Newly Registered

OCI Query (Minor born outside India)

Post by secuser » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:30 am

Hi Team

Could you please advise for the below 2 OCI queries for minor applications? The baby is registered as British Citizen through MN1.

Q1 - In OCI online form, the 'present nationality' 'acquisition method' has few options. Would the answer in case of nationality acquired through 'MN1' be 'registration' or 'naturalization', please? I selected 'registration' as option and saved but its not allowing to edit the option in case I have to.

Q2 - In OCI form, please could you advise documents under below categories for baby born in the UK, acquired the first nationality as British through MN1.

CURRENT PASSPORT - I have uploaded British passport
EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER - MN1 certificate
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - Father Passport
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE - UK Birth Certificate
INDIAN VISA -
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE -
PIO CARD -
SPOUSE OCI CARD -

Best Regards

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI Query (Minor born outside India)

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:53 am

secuser wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:30 am
Hi Team

Could you please advise for the below 2 OCI queries for minor applications? The baby is registered as British Citizen through MN1.

Q1 - In OCI online form, the 'present nationality' 'acquisition method' has few options. Would the answer in case of nationality acquired through 'MN1' be 'registration' or 'naturalization', please? I selected 'registration' as option and saved but its not allowing to edit the option in case I have to. Absolutely fine, no need to amend it. I did the same.

Q2 - In OCI form, please could you advise documents under below categories for baby born in the UK, acquired the first nationality as British through MN1. did the child ever held Indian Passport or was ever registeredas an Indian citizen prior to becoming British? If so she would have direct claim to OCI else she would claim OCI on the basis of her parents/ grand parents etc . Please check here the document list as per your situation:

https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16052 ... 112020.pdf

CURRENT PASSPORT - I have uploaded British passport
EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER - MN1 certificate
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - Father Passport
INDIAN VISA -
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE -
PIO CARD -
SPOUSE OCI CARD -

Best Regards
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

secuser
Newly Registered

Post by secuser » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:18 am

Thank you, dontringthebell.

On the second query, child never had Indian passport.

As per given PDF link has a list of mandatory documents and additional documents for categories C and D.

Mandatory Docs:
  • Current valid passport - British passport page
  • Registered Marriage Certificate (If married) or equivalent proof (Indian passport copy
    on which spouse name is endorsed) and current passport of spouse to endorse name of
    spouse in OCI card - Assuming no document for this?
  • Proof of employment with job description/Proof of own business/Student ID Card/Proof
    of last employment with the job description Assuming no document for this?
  • Address proof (Utility Bill/ Driving Licence copy or any other proof for current address.) - Assuming no document for this?
  • Copy of appointment confirmation letter - Assuming no document for this?
Additional Docs
  • Birth Certificate clearly indicating names of parents (Upload online- Relationship
    Certificate category)- UK Birth Certificate
  • If applying on the basis of Grand Parents/Great Grand Parents, provide documents (Birth
    certificates or equivalent) to verify relationship among applicant, his/her Grand
    Parents/Great Grandparents. (Upload online- Relationship Certificate category) - Parents Passport
  • Proof of Indian Origin of Applicant's parents/Grand Parents/Great Grand
    Parents (Upload online) - Assuming already uploaded passport is sufficient?
  • Mandatory documents and Documents mentioned in A/B/C above - belongs to C category
  • Current passport copy of BOTH parents - Do we need to attach both parents passport page? as upload allows only 1 pdf
  • If parents are divorced: A Court order of dissolution of marriage and Child
    arrangement order which specifically mentions that the legal custody of the child is with
    the parent who is applying for the OCI card and that parent can take the child out of UK
    for any number of days. - not valid
  • If both the parents share joint custody of the child, a duly notarized consent letter from
    both the parents to apply for OCI for child
    OR a specific court order giving permission for issue of OCI to the child with one of the
    parent. (Upload online) - not valid
  • In case of Live-in, adopted child and Surrogacy, all relevant documents need to be submitted
    with the application. (Upload online) - not valid

Also, I have added relatives staying in India, assuming no document to upload for that?

Best Regards

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:03 am

secuser wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:18 am

On the second query, child never had Indian passport.

As per given PDF link has a list of mandatory documents and additional documents for categories C and D.

Mandatory Docs:
  • Current valid passport - British passport page
Yes
  • Registered Marriage Certificate (If married) or equivalent proof (Indian passport copy
    on which spouse name is endorsed) and current passport of spouse to endorse name of
    spouse in OCI card - Assuming no document for this?
Parents MarriageCertificate
  • Proof of employment with job description/Proof of own business/Student ID Card/Proof
    of last employment with the job description Assuming no document for this?
Yes
  • Address proof (Utility Bill/ Driving Licence copy or any other proof for current address.) - Assuming no document for this?
Parents address proof - Council Tax Bill
  • Copy of appointment confirmation letter - Assuming no document for this? Yes

Additional Docs
  • Birth Certificate clearly indicating names of parents (Upload online- Relationship
    Certificate category)- UK Birth Certificate
Yes
  • If applying on the basis of Grand Parents/Great Grand Parents, provide documents (Birth
    certificates or equivalent) to verify relationship among applicant, his/her Grand
    Parents/Great Grandparents. (Upload online- Relationship Certificate category) - Parents Passport
Yes
  • Proof of Indian Origin of Applicant's parents/Grand Parents/Great Grand
    Parents (Upload online) - Assuming already uploaded passport is sufficient? Yes If uploading Indian passport please upload front back and any observation pages for both parents. You can upload multiple documents together as long as you stick to upload limit. Also, the order of fields is irrelevant, just upload all the documents as per your case/situation.
  • Mandatory documents and Documents mentioned in A/B/C above - belongs to C category
  • Current passport copy of BOTH parents - Do we need to attach both parents passport page? as upload allows only 1 pdf Yes
  • If parents are divorced: A Court order of dissolution of marriage and Child
    arrangement order which specifically mentions that the legal custody of the child is with
    the parent who is applying for the OCI card and that parent can take the child out of UK
    for any number of days. - not valid
  • If both the parents share joint custody of the child, a duly notarized consent letter from
    both the parents to apply for OCI for child
    OR a specific court order giving permission for issue of OCI to the child with one of the
    parent. (Upload online) - not valid
  • In case of Live-in, adopted child and Surrogacy, all relevant documents need to be submitted
    with the application. (Upload online) - not valid

Also, I have added relatives staying in India, assuming no document to upload for that? Yes

Please also upload registration certificate. I did my application some time ago, though slightly different circumstances, might help.
other-countries/oci-application-experience-t319965.html

Regards

Best Regards
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

secuser
Newly Registered

Post by secuser » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 pm

Thank you, again, dontringthebell.

This is how I have uploaded the documents against the available option. Assuming it's right?

Current Passport - UK Passport
Marriage certificate - Parents marriage certificate
Indian Origin Proof - Parents passport
Spouse OCI Card - UK Council bill
Indian Visa - UK Registration Certificate
EMPLOYMENT/ Work Letter - UK Registration Certificate
PIO Card - None

Best Regards

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:52 pm

secuser wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 pm
Thank you, again, dontringthebell.

This is how I have uploaded the documents against the available option. Assuming it's right?

Current Passport - UK Passport
Marriage certificate - Parents marriage certificate
Indian Origin Proof - Parents passport
Spouse OCI Card - UK Council bill
Indian Visa - UK Registration Certificate
EMPLOYMENT/ Work Letter - UK Registration Certificate
PIO Card - None

Best Regards

Looks good! Though British Citizenship Resgistration is good uploaded once. 👍

secuser
Newly Registered

Post by secuser » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:42 pm

• Once form online submitted, for appointment only a) downloaded form b) photocopy of uploaded documents needed ? No Need to fix the photo, thumb impression on the downloaded form? its confusing reason being the instructions in downloaded form says to fill the details in block letters, and attach photo and signature
  • For minor, Declaration to be filled / signed by parent?
  • Assuming in case of a minor, the father can go for VFS appointment and minor would not be needed in person for VFS appointment?

Best Regards

secuser
Newly Registered

Post by secuser » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:57 pm

Adding one to the previous query, just noticed the email captured in the form is not in BLOCK LETTERS, hope that's fine?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:11 am

secuser wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:57 pm
Adding one to the previous query, just noticed the email captured in the form is not in BLOCK LETTERS, hope that's fine?

the form is auto generated, it is what it is.
secuser wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:42 pm
  • Once form online submitted, for appointment only a) downloaded form yes b) photocopy of uploaded documents needed ? Yes and Please carry all originals if required for verification and some for submission. No Need to fix the photo, thumb impression on the downloaded form? No need to affix the photographs, carry them with yourself. But you need to upload fingerprint as mentioned here.
    https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16019 ... 102020.pdf

its confusing reason being the instructions in downloaded form says to fill the details in block letters, and attach photo and signature
  • For minor, Declaration to be filled / signed by parent? yes one parents signature is fine.
  • Assuming in case of a minor, the father can go for VFS appointment and minor would not be needed in person for VFS appointment?yes
In case you need to start a new application you may, system would generate new application number ( barcode). Ensure you carry the correct one to the appointment. Please don't forget to carry your appointment page. 2 self addressed envelope, Royal mail is cheaper.
Best Regards

secuser
Newly Registered

Post by secuser » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:34 am

• I was able to book the appointment through HCI website, had to find an appointment in the jurisdiction the county belongs to, which had appointments after 4 weeks' time. I haven't received any confirmation on email, it just says on the website that the appointment booked successfully. Assuming that's where I can print and carry as appointment confirmation?
  • Seems payment would be done during the in-person appointment?
  • Self Address envelope, assuming 2 A4 sizes would be sufficient?
Best Regards.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:53 pm

secuser wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:34 am
  • I was able to book the appointment through HCI website, had to find an appointment in the jurisdiction the county belongs to, which had appointments after 4 weeks' time. I haven't received any confirmation on email, it just says on the website that the appointment booked successfully. Assuming that's where I can print and carry as appointment confirmation?
yes please print from there itself. I didn't get an email either and carried the same.
  • Seems payment would be done during the in-person appointment?
yes card payment mostly.
  • Self Address envelope, assuming 2 A4 sizes would be sufficient?
Self addressed grey polybqg envelopes, they are little greater than A4 I guess, but if you ask at the post office they would give.

Best Regards.

secuser
Newly Registered

Post by secuser » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:28 am

• For Grey bags from royalmail (special delivery bags), are those to be paid upfront with set weight decided (100g or 500g) or just free bags submitted with application and fees to be paid at VFS, please?
  • Royal mail has 3 sizes, A5, A4 and A3, I guess A4 should be good enough?
  • Do we need selfattest photocopies of documents? If yes, by minor thumb impression or parent signature?
Best Regards

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:06 pm

secuser wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:28 am
  • For Grey bags from royalmail (special delivery bags), are those to be paid upfront with set weight decided (100g or 500g) or just free bags submitted with application and fees to be paid at VFS, please?pay at post office. I used 100gm ones.
  • Royal mail has 3 sizes, A5, A4 and A3, I guess A4 should be good enough?I used A4
  • Do we need selfattest photocopies of documents? If yes, by minor thumb impression or parent signature?I did not self attest anything and neither was i asked, you can always attest their itself if asked.
Best Regards

secuser
Newly Registered

Post by secuser » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:31 am

- County falling in Birmingham jurisdiction, is walk in service an option? Appointment availability is in weeks time
- Assuming application to be printed coloured?
- Signature and photograph to be uploaded while application filling ( not at document upload section) only, plus photographs to be carried (not affixed like you mentioned above). Signature uploaded only, assuming when uploaded successfully means good enough, and shouldn’t ask another signature at appointment.

Thank you.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:59 am

secuser wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:31 am

- County falling in Birmingham jurisdiction, is walk in service an option? Appointment availability is in weeks time You would have to check with VFS Birmingham
- Assuming application to be printed coloured? yes
- Signature and photograph to be uploaded while application filling ( not at document upload section) only, plus photographs to be carried (not affixed like you mentioned above). I never said you don't need to upload photograph, no need to affix is different to uploading. You need to upload signatures and photograph online, then print the form and carry the photograph along as well. Signature uploaded only, assuming when uploaded successfully means good enough, and shouldn’t ask another signature at appointment. provided you signed the declaration page

Thank you.

secuser
Newly Registered

Post by secuser » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:29 pm

In part B, two declarations parts are mentioned in form,
  • one under heading 'DECLARATION'
and
  • second under '*Application for Minor Child'.
Assuming the first declaration part will be signed by one parent and the second part will be the thumb impression of baby only? please.

Best Regards

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:28 pm

secuser wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:29 pm

In part B, two declarations parts are mentioned in form,
  • one under heading 'DECLARATION'
and
  • second under '*Application for Minor Child'.
Assuming the first declaration part will be signed by one parent and the second part will be the thumb impression of baby only? please.

Best Regards
Could you please let me know what you did here. Did you sign them both or just minor section?

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:11 pm

as i read somewhere else both should sign parent instead of child