ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Uk general visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

0sman
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applying for Uk general visit visa

Post by 0sman » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:31 pm

Hi

I am in Netherlands I want to visit Uk to see my brother family and general visit etc

Here I’m on 5 years spouse visa I am Pakistani national.

Please let me know which application form or what is the procedure
Do I need any documents from my brother to support application he is British citizen

Please help me

I would be very thankful to you guys

ywlgy

Re: Applying for Uk general visit visa

Post by ywlgy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Apply from here https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/app ... sitor-visa
No documents needed from your brother if you will pay for the entire visit and you can demonstrate your capability to cover the cost through bank statement. If your brother will sponsor your visit, you will need his passport copy, invitation letter and bank statement.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

0sman
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by 0sman » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:41 pm

Thank you very much for your reply

Can you please let me how much minimum funds should be available in my brother account if he sponsors me
Does he need to buy 2 way flights tickets for me as well?
Hotel booking etc?

If he is sponsoring me do I need to submit my bank statement also?

Thank you

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:23 pm

You will be asked an estimate of how much you are going to spend for your visit (flights, food, accommodation, travel, etc.) on the application form. Put a realistic value there, for example, £X. Let's assume your brother would spend £Y for himself and his family during your visit. Then your brother's account must have a balance of £ (X+Y), and the more the better of course.

He does not have to book flight tickets and hotel for you before the visa application.

Your statement would be not necessary in that case.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

0sman
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by 0sman » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Thank you very much for your kind response

You’ve been very helpful I might need some more information during preparation for the application
Once again thanks a lot

0sman
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by 0sman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:27 pm

Hi

Please let me know as my Visa /residence permit is not in English language do I need to translate it ?

Thank you