ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Failed interview for settlement visa!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Failed interview for settlement visa!!

Post by 688148256 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:14 pm

my mrs is called for interview for next week! help help pls...wat will she be asked?

why do they call only specific applicants for interview?[/b]
Last edited by 688148256 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi, my husband was interviewed in New Delhi last march.He was asked about how we meet,why he wanted to be with me as we are different cultures,asked about my income and where i worked,his history of being in the uk etc....
I note yours is an arranged marriage so she maybe asked about how that was arranged and why you chose each other.
I think if she reads through your application so she can refresh herself with things she should be alright especially with things like your employment and how much you earn and where she will be living.
Don't know why some are interviewed and others not, mainly get asked for interview if they are not clear on somethings.
Wish her luck.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 am

The only reason why they call you for an interview, is because they have serious doubt about the application for whatever reason.

I agree with the comments above. Make sure your wife knows where you work, live, met,salary, accomadation . as well as knowing full details about your family etc.

Get her to look at the application form and memorise whats on her there, beacuse they can only ask her about what you have stated on the application for.

Good luck, just get your wife to be honest and truthful with the information she gives, because one small lie can lead to bigger lies later on.

John

Post by John » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:03 am

688148256, it might help if you tell us where in the world your wife is going to be interviewed!
John

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:40 pm

I believe she is from New Delhi,
On my experience of the ECOs at ND is they are very firm and the day my hubby went everyone failed but they must pass some people!!!having read your previous posts the main line of questioning maybe your wifes age.Just make sure she knows the new rules haven't come into action yet and to point out to them she wanted to get married.
Good luck.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Are we missing some information here? Lesley appears to have more info other than from this thread. Age. Are you both over 21? She wanted to get married? What's that refer to?

Post by 688148256 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:53 pm

my wife has applied for settlement visa in new delhi, india.

we met each other in aug 08 and got married in sep 08, as it was an arranged marriage we got married within a month of meeting.

we didn't wanted to delay anymore, as the marriage visa age is raising to 21 years old.

i am 24 years old and mrs is 18.

thnks

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 pm

Casa wrote:Are we missing some information here? Lesley appears to have more info other than from this thread. Age. Are you both over 21? She wanted to get married? What's that refer to?
Sorry, 688148256 had another post "spouse visa info..." which we have been chatting on as we both have partners who applied from New Delhi.

Failed interview!!

Post by 688148256 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:57 pm

mrs failed interview! we printed wedding cards because people had suggested to submit them with application. as i do not have any near relatives living in india..we only had around 10 people on my wedding as it was a quick one to get the application submitted before the visa marriage age raises to 21 years old.

now she is refused visa on 2 points:

1. Why we only had 9 guests on the wedding, so why we printed cards for 9 people?
2. My Income - my payslips does not clearly show my annual income to BHC.

I work in a family business, we own 2 shops, my payslips show I clearly earn £554 a month and i get 40% from the company's dividents which takes my monthly wages to £800, our company accountant provided a letter to proove this.

please help !!! How to appeal and where? professional advice! how long will it be?

Post by 688148256 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:28 pm

do i need to go india to appeal for her?

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:05 pm

So sorry to hear your news,i know who awful that makes you feel.You now have have 28 days to put in for an appeal,your wife should have been given an appeal form. I had a solicitor that did all that for us so would recommend you getting one if you don't already.
No you don't have to go to India for appeal ,it can be done in this country and you attend the hearing.

Pari29
Newly Registered

Post by Pari29 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:32 pm

i'm soo sorry to hear that she didnt pass the interview...hope everything goes well for you both..and when you make an appeal..hope that you succeed and hope it doesnt take too long..i will pray for you both. good luck!

god bless!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 am

So sorry to hear your news,i know who awful that makes you feel.You now have have 28 days to put in for an appeal,your wife should have been given an appeal form. I had a solicitor that did all that for us so would recommend you getting one if you don't already.
No you don't have to go to India for appeal ,it can be done in this country and you attend the hearing.
Dont go to see a solicitor, as he will charge you a fortune. Instead look up for your nearest UKIAS or JCWI office. They can do appeals on your behalf free of charge, and they are very good as well.

Important thing to remeber is that you have 28 days from the date your wife received the notice to appeal and get any new evidence together.

The two points she was refused, are not that difficult to give explanation/prove, so dont worry to much. Quickly go and seek profesional advice

To OVERTURN ECO's decision

Post by 688148256 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:19 pm

As I have already mentioned in my previous posts, my mrs's settlement visa has been refused and now we are in process of lodging an appeal against the ECO's decision. I have come up with an idea of sponsoring my wife to UK as a visitor for 6 months of period.

Comment by ECO: "I am not satisfied your marriage is subsisting. I am therefore not satisfied you are intending to live together pemanently"
If visitor visa is granted, we will be able overturn this phrase of ECO till the date of hearing.

Can I sponser my wife as a visitor to UK, alongside the lodged appeal for the settlement visa.

berkshire1987

Re: To OVERTURN ECO's decision

Post by berkshire1987 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:18 pm

688148256 wrote:As I have already mentioned in my previous posts, my mrs's settlement visa has been refused and now we are in process of lodging an appeal against the ECO's decision. I have come up with an idea of sponsoring my wife to UK as a visitor for 6 months of period.

Comment by ECO: "I am not satisfied your marriage is subsisting. I am therefore not satisfied you are intending to live together pemanently"
If visitor visa is granted, we will be able overturn this phrase of ECO till the date of hearing.

Can I sponser my wife as a visitor to UK, alongside the lodged appeal for the settlement visa.
So the settlement visa was refused which is now under appeal? From what I have seen they will NOT give her a visitor visa on the back of a refused settlement visa. Alarm bells will be ringing at the BHC! They will refuse with the belief that your wife will not return to India after the 6 months. It will be a waste of time and money.

As your her husband in UK they are unlikely to issue a visit visa to your wife to visit the UK.

Dave_Was
Newly Registered

Re: To OVERTURN ECO's decision

Post by Dave_Was » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:23 pm

688148256 wrote:As I have already mentioned in my previous posts, my mrs's settlement visa has been refused and now we are in process of lodging an appeal against the ECO's decision. I have come up with an idea of sponsoring my wife to UK as a visitor for 6 months of period.

I would focus on the appeal. I don't think that the visitors visa is a good choice. For the visitors visa they want to see that the applicant will return to the home country. For the settlement visa, they want to see that you both will settle down and live together. Catch 22, focus on the appeal.

I would get a clearer note from your accountant, detail bank accounts, notes from the company directors on your position and earnings.

For the marriage side I would definitely include photographs and detail that as your family are all in the UK, you decided upon a small wedding. Could you also get notes from family that were there?

Also I know when I got married, the photographer put the wedding cards in the photo album and my parents and my wifes parents kept them as keeps sakes.