ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farooqmirza
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent query

Post by farooqmirza » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:13 pm

Hi Moderators

I Have two querries regarding PBS dependent visa for my wife .
1. I ( main applicant) applied for ILR on 26th December 2021 and applied for PBS dependent visa extension for my wife on the same day. However, today I realised that my wife visa is going to expire on 28th Jan 2022 and I can only apply for extension 28 days before expiry . Now, because I already applied on 26th December 2021, Do I have to withdraw my application and re apply again ? and if yes, could you please tell the procedure to withdraw and reapply ? my wife's biometric is due on 8th January 2022 so I want to withdraw before doing biometric so that I can get the refund for the application fee.

2. During the application for PBS dependent , I was completing the details for IHS . It was asking the following questions about the main applicant (me), before letting my wife proceed with paying IHS:

Missing Details:

The person you’re joining or remaining with in the UK
Add their visa expiry date

my visa expiry date is 28-01-2022, when I give this expiry date, IHS is calculated only for £312 and not the whole 3 years IHS , is that alright ?
she need one year extension to qualify for ILR , but I know I need to apply for 3 years extension

Please help what to do here?

Thanks

Farooq

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent query

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:36 pm

1. I ( main applicant) applied for ILR on 26th December 2021 and applied for PBS dependent visa extension for my wife on the same day. However, today I realised that my wife visa is going to expire on 28th Jan 2022 and I can only apply for extension 28 days before expiry . Now, because I already applied on 26th December 2021, Do I have to withdraw my application and re apply again ? and if yes, could you please tell the procedure to withdraw and reapply ? my wife's biometric is due on 8th January 2022 so I want to withdraw before doing biometric so that I can get the refund for the application fee.
It is fine, no issue applying when you did.
2. During the application for PBS dependent , I was completing the details for IHS . It was asking the following questions about the main applicant (me), before letting my wife proceed with paying IHS:

Missing Details:

The person you’re joining or remaining with in the UK
Add their visa expiry date

my visa expiry date is 28-01-2022, when I give this expiry date, IHS is calculated only for £312 and not the whole 3 years IHS , is that alright ?
she need one year extension to qualify for ILR , but I know I need to apply for 3 years extension
You should have put an expiry date 3 years in the future. UKVI will likely contact you to pay the extra 2 years IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farooqmirza
Newly Registered

Post by farooqmirza » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:54 am

Many thanks for your prompt reply CR001

1. That means I don’t have to reapply PBS dependent visa again ? I thought we can only apply for extension 28 days before the expiry date ?

One more question regarding maintenance bank statement .
Maintenance amount supposed to be there for consecutive 90 days and the statement should not be more then 28 days old correct ? So the 28 days counted from the date of online submission of application or the date of submission for uploaded documents to UKVI ?

Regards

Farooq

farooqmirza
Newly Registered

Post by farooqmirza » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:53 pm

Dear moderators , can you plz reply for my above querries ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:37 am

Who said you should apply for a visa extension within 28 days of your current visa expiry ?? Such a restriction does not exist and never existed. Tier 1E dependants do NOT have a maintenance requirement for an extension. Where are you getting these ideas from ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

farooqmirza
Newly Registered

Post by farooqmirza » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:58 am

Many thanks for your response Zimba

I followed the same rules when I applied Tier1 extension two years ago so I thought it applies the same this time .

So, my application can proceed as normal and I don’t need to make any changes . Glad to know that, thanks a lot

Note- Is there any policy guidance where I can read about PBS dependent rules ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:24 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

farooqmirza
Newly Registered

Post by farooqmirza » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:56 pm

Many thanks Zimba