ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yashhmaindola
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4

Post by yashhmaindola » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:41 pm

Hi All

My Tier 4 student visa is expiring on the 14th of January 2022 and I am due to apply for my graduate route visa. I can only do so once my university's visa compliance team notifies the UKVI stating that I have successfully completed my course. I am a post-graduate student studying at Manchester Metropolitan University. Visa compliance is waiting for the assessments board to rectify my final result, which is why they haven't notified the UKVI.

What should I do now? I cannot even apply for a visa extension as my final course work has been submitted and no new CAS will be issued.

Please if someone could suggest something, it would be great.

Regards,
Yash

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:14 am

yashhmaindola wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:41 pm
What should I do now? I cannot even apply for a visa extension as my final course work has been submitted and no new CAS will be issued.
If you cannot apply under the Graduate route before your Student visa expires, or make any other kind of application eg Skilled worker, you will need to leave the UK.

If it is only a very short time after the expiry of your Student visa when the university is due to confirm your qualification, you could risk applying anyway before your Student visa expires. Hopefully when UKVI contacts the university to check about your qualification it will be confirmed by then. If it is still not confirmed, the Graduate route application would be refused.

Depending how long your it will take until your qualification can be confirmed, it might be worth the risk. It's your call.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.