ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Update for pending student visa extension application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mdhmilon
Newly Registered

Forgot to upload signed Declaration form (consent form) in the UKVCAS website

Post by mdhmilon » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:27 pm

Hello,
I have participated in the UKVCAS biometrics appointment on 5 January 2022. After that appointment, when I checked the required documents today, I realized that I forgot to upload the signed declaration form (consent form). What should I do now? Please help me. I am worried about my application.

ywlgy

Re: Forgot to upload signed Declaration form (consent form) in the UKVCAS website

Post by ywlgy » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:52 pm

Is it listed on the Checklist?
If it is indeed required, UKVI will contact you by email to submit it. Don't worry and be patient. It won't be a straight refusal.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

mdhmilon
Newly Registered

Re: Forgot to upload signed Declaration form (consent form) in the UKVCAS website

Post by mdhmilon » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:58 pm

Thanks for your reply. It was not mentioned in the document checklist. However, it is mentioned in the mandatory actions which is as follows:
Download and sign the verification checks consent form

Download a copy of the third party verification checks consent form. You must sign and include this form when you provide your documents. This document will only be available to download until 21 August 2022.

mdhmilon
Newly Registered

Consent Letter from Previous Official Sponsor for further stay in the UK

Post by mdhmilon » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:38 pm

I have received a Money One-off payment for my previous studies more than 12 months ago from an official sponsor which was not sufficient for covering both tuition fees and living costs. During student visa application I get the following question.
"Are you currently receiving money from an official financial sponsor - or have you received money from an official financial sponsor in the past 12 months?"

I have answered this question "No" to avoid providing a consent letter. I am wondering if it is correct.

So far I know that I need not submit a consent letter as I was a partially sponsored student for my previous study.

ywlgy

Re: Consent Letter from Previous Official Sponsor for further stay in the UK

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:09 pm

You should answer NO because the payment was more than 12 months ago.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:57 am

ywlgy wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:09 pm
When it was doesn't matter. It was not a scholarship that covered both fees and living costs anyway.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:55 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:57 am
ywlgy wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:09 pm
When it was doesn't matter. It was not a scholarship that covered both fees and living costs anyway.
I agree. But the question only concerns about the when. The following question, if selecting Yes, will ask if both are covered.

mdhmilon
Newly Registered

Post by mdhmilon » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:45 am

There is only one question regarding this issue.

Are you currently receiving money from an official financial sponsor - or have you received money
from an official financial sponsor in the past 12 months?

Yes No

If I select Yes, I need to submit the consent letter as a mandatory document.
Since I have received a partial scholarship. I have selected "No" to avoid the consent letter.

My question was whether it is correct or wrong.

mdhmilon
Newly Registered

Update for pending student visa extension application

Post by mdhmilon » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:36 pm

I have participated in the UKVCAS biometric appointment on 5 January 2022 though I have submitted a tier 4 visa extension application online on 24th December 2021. How can I contact the home office to get an update on the pending application?

ywlgy

Re: Update for pending student visa extension application

Post by ywlgy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:53 pm

mdhmilon wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:36 pm
I have participated in the UKVCAS biometric appointment on 5 January 2022 though I have submitted a tier 4 visa extension application online on 24th December 2021. How can I contact the home office to get an update on the pending application?
You will get an email about the decision. There is no way to get an update before that.

X_yzstar
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by X_yzstar » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:56 pm

mdhmilon wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:27 pm
Hello,
I have participated in the UKVCAS biometrics appointment on 5 January 2022. After that appointment, when I checked the required documents today, I realized that I forgot to upload the signed declaration form (consent form). What should I do now? Please help me. I am worried about my application.
Hello Bro , I had the same issue and I did upload it after weeks... I am yet to receive a decision and I'm worried it might be reason for the delay...Have you been able to sort out yours?

X_yzstar
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by X_yzstar » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:56 pm

mdhmilon wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:27 pm
Hello,
Hello Bro , I had the same issue and I did upload it after weeks... I am yet to receive a decision and I'm worried it might be reason for the delay...Have you been able to sort out yours?