ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ps1234

Re: Urgent - Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by ps1234 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:21 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:33 am
jayeshkaushik wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:35 pm
Marriage certificate is required to endorse partner's name in OCI. Like in Indian passport you have the parents names and spouse name.
Urgent - I have been struggling to get letter of employment from my company, HR being a complete pain. Can I use my contract of employment which was signed 2 years ago with the latest payslip or will that not be enough?

I need to make a judgement call whether I cancel my appointment for the coming Monday or not as I have not received this employment letter as my appointment location is a number of hours drive away from me
I am not sure if this is correct or if it will work, but in the past for Schengen visa applications or UK visas for parents, I have always asked colleagues or my boss to sign a letter on company letterhead just saying that this is to confirm that XXX is employed with YY company since WWW as ZZZ. Nothing else confidential on the letter. If HR is being a pain in providing such a letter, please take your employment contract and get a colleague or a boss to sign a simple 3-4 line letter and see if it works?

ograv
Newly Registered
India

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by ograv » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:48 am

Venki8 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:05 am
ograv wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:31 pm
Hi, I live in England (north-east) and would like to submit my OCI application at the VFS-Belfast. That is only where I can find the earliest available appointment. Has anyone done this and will they accept applications from outside NIE in Belfast ? :roll:

As long as you chose London Jurisdiction while completing online application that should be fine. Follow guidelines regarding photo and signature/thumb impression upload. Lady there is very helpful, just have couple extra documents for everything to offset any surprises, should need arise there is an internet centre nearby to make amendments to online application and reprint. Hope this helps
Thanks for this. Will go ahead with Belfast then.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:48 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
jayeshkaushik wrote:
Marriage certificate is required to endorse partner's name in OCI. Like in Indian passport you have the parents names and spouse name.
Urgent - I have been struggling to get letter of employment from my company, HR being a complete pain. Can I use my contract of employment which was signed 2 years ago with the latest payslip or will that not be enough?

I need to make a judgement call whether I cancel my appointment for the coming Monday or not as I have not received this employment letter as my appointment location is a number of hours drive away from me
Even if you can obtain a softcopy and print at your end it works fine. We did the same in all our applications.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:14 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:48 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
jayeshkaushik wrote:

Even if you can obtain a softcopy and print at your end it works fine. We did the same in all our applications.
I don't have a letter unfortunately..thats the trouble. I think I may have to get a line manager to issue the letter. I am trying..not long to go though

ncoder
Newly Registered

Post by ncoder » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:47 pm

Submitted : 23rd December 2021 (London)

OCI Status:
Date Of Acknowledgment : 23rd December 2021
Registration Status at Mission : London
Documents Printing Status : PROCESSED 13-JAN-2022
Document received : 14-JAN-2022

indianmember2013

Post by indianmember2013 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:25 am

Application applied - 7th Jan 2022 ( Cardiff )
Application acknowledged - 13th Jan 2022
Application processed - TBC
OCI printing - TBC
Despatched from Indian city and received in London -TBC
OCI delivery to applicant - STILL WAITING

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 pm

Hi I submitted my OCI application on Monday in Manchester but have had no acknowledgement yet, is that normal?

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:36 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 pm
Hi I submitted my OCI application on Monday in Manchester but have had no acknowledgement yet, is that normal?
Hi,

Have you checked in status inquiry on OCI website. I did not receive any email for acknowledgement but status changed after few days of submission.

Thanks

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:40 pm

jayeshkaushik wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:36 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
Hi,

Have you checked in status inquiry on OCI website. I did not receive any email for acknowledgement but status changed after few days of submission.

Thanks
Good shout, I checked online and it says "Under Process"

Roy Dsouza
Newly Registered
India

Post by Roy Dsouza » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:03 am

Hi my baby is 5 months old can she travel to india with out the oci .I know I could take a visit visa for her but she is gonna be there over a month so if u could guide me how is that possible thanks

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:35 pm

Roy Dsouza wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:03 am
Hi my baby is 5 months old can she travel to india with out the oci .I know I could take a visit visa for her but she is gonna be there over a month so if u could guide me how is that possible thanks
You can apply for 6 months e-visit visa which can be obtained in 24hours

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:43 pm

Hello, sorry I can’t seem to find out how to create a new post hence using this space.

We are naturalised British citizens (previously Indian citizens). Our OCI cards were stolen in January 2020 in a house burglary that we suffered. We had to get our British passports re-issued as well as those were also stolen. The pandemic meant that we could not apply for re-issuing of OCIs yet. We do not have a photo-copy of these OCI cards. We only have the photocopy of our old Indian passports as the original cancelled Indian passports were also stolen in the house burglary. What we have is- the OCI numbers/file application number, original surrender certificate for Indian passports, and the police crime reference number for the house burglary.

I am writing to ask how we can go about getting our OCI cards re-issued as we don’t have a copy of our OCI cards or do we need to get it made as if first time. Please advice.

Thank you

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:43 pm

Hi all

One quick question, I have recently applied for my son’s OCI and I believe it’s going to take couple of weeks. We want to go to India as soon as possible so does anyone Know if we can apply for e-visit visa and travel whilst waiting for oci? Thank you

dino17
India

Post by dino17 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:38 pm

Venki8 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:43 pm
Hi all

One quick question, I have recently applied for my son’s OCI and I believe it’s going to take couple of weeks. We want to go to India as soon as possible so does anyone Know if we can apply for e-visit visa and travel whilst waiting for oci? Thank you
I think you can apply for entry visa and recently the e visa process has been suspended(not sure if process changed recently ) and everyone have to make paper application..

dino17
India

Post by dino17 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:46 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:40 pm
jayeshkaushik wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
i too have applied in Vfs manchester Last Friday and haven't received any acknowledgement yet. Any idea how many days will it take to show as Under process pls?

Also they collected my original British passport as part of oci application and said that i will receive it back in 10 days!

Has anyone had this same experience in Vfs Manchester whilst making oci application pls? Thanks in advance.

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:46 pm

Metta5 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:43 pm
Hello, sorry I can’t seem to find out how to create a new post hence using this space.

We are naturalised British citizens (previously Indian citizens). Our OCI cards were stolen in January 2020 in a house burglary that we suffered. We had to get our British passports re-issued as well as those were also stolen. The pandemic meant that we could not apply for re-issuing of OCIs yet. We do not have a photo-copy of these OCI cards. We only have the photocopy of our old Indian passports as the original cancelled Indian passports were also stolen in the house burglary. What we have is- the OCI numbers/file application number, original surrender certificate for Indian passports, and the police crime reference number for the house burglary.

I am writing to ask how we can go about getting our OCI cards re-issued as we don’t have a copy of our OCI cards or do we need to get it made as if first time. Please advice.

Thank you
Hello, can someone answer my query please. Our OCIs cards were stolen with other things in a house burglary. We don’t have photocopies made of those cards. I have the ability application/card number though. In this scenario can we apply for re-issue of OCIs or need to apply as of first time application. Thank you.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:36 am

ncoder wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:47 pm

OCI Status:
@ncoder, Did you receive your OCI Card after 20 days of submitting the application in VFS office ?
Please confirm. Thanks.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:19 pm

dino17 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:46 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
jayeshkaushik wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
i too have applied in Vfs manchester Last Friday and haven't received any acknowledgement yet. Any idea how many days will it take to show as Under process pls?

Also they collected my original British passport as part of oci application and said that i will receive it back in 10 days!

Has anyone had this same experience in Vfs Manchester whilst making oci application pls? Thanks in advance.
I submitted on a MOnday and it was showing under process on the oci website a couple of days after.
Yes they do take British passport, they said 10 working days to return but I got mine back within 4 days

ncoder
Newly Registered

Post by ncoder » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:51 pm

[quote=cracker1234 post_id=2052499 time=1643103388 user_id=119061]
[quote=ncoder post_id=2051359 time=1642438027 user_id=257600]

OCI Status:
[/quote]
@ncoder, Did you receive your OCI Card after 20 days of submitting the application in VFS office ?
Please confirm. Thanks.
[/quote]

Yes I did. Got the OCI (for my daughter) next day after it was processed. I am also waiting for one more (wife's) which was applied on the same day but was only processed on 24th Jan. Still waiting for it to be delivered.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:25 pm

Yes I did. Got the OCI (for my daughter) next day after it was processed. I am also waiting for one more (wife's) which was applied on the same day but was only processed on 24th Jan. Still waiting for it to be delivered.
Thank you very much @ncoder for getting back to me.
I applied for OCI on 17th Jan and received all my supporting documents. Checked online in OCI services, it's still showing under process. If I count 20 days after my submission, I may get my OCI by 6th or 7th Feb. I have a flight ticket to India on 10th Feb, so still in dilemma whether to wait for OCI and apply tourist visa.

Is there any way to know the OCI status (it's on its way to be delivered soon) in advance may be 3 to 4 days before or 1 week before OCI is actually delivered to you ? Please suggest if you or anyone knows anything. Many thanks.

ncoder
Newly Registered

Post by ncoder » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:20 am

cracker1234 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:25 pm
I applied for OCI on 17th Jan and received all my supporting documents. Checked online in OCI services, it's still showing under process. If I count 20 days after my submission, I may get my OCI by 6th or 7th Feb. I have a flight ticket to India on 10th Feb, so still in dilemma whether to wait for OCI and apply tourist visa.

Is there any way to know the OCI status (it's on its way to be delivered soon) in advance may be 3 to 4 days before or 1 week before OCI is actually delivered to you ? Please suggest if you or anyone knows anything. Many thanks.
I doubt you will get it before your flight. My wife's actually took a month. This was a renewal of OCI.

Date Of Acknowledgment 23-DEC-2021
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 24-JAN-2022

Hope everything goes well.

Metta5

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)- reissuing- when OCI cards are stolen

Post by Metta5 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:22 pm

Hello, can someone answer my query please. Our OCIs cards were stolen with other things in a house burglary. We don’t have photocopies made of those cards. I have the application/card number though. In this scenario can we apply for re-issue of OCIs or need to apply as of first time application. Thank you.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:33 pm

ncoder wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:20 am
cracker1234 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:25 pm

I doubt you will get it before your flight. My wife's actually took a month. This was a renewal of OCI.

Date Of Acknowledgment 23-DEC-2021
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 24-JAN-2022

Hope everything goes well.
Thanks ncoder.
Keeping my finger crossed.
Any idea how long does the Tourist Visa take ? I heard India Tourist Visa is processed in 3 to 4 days. Is that correct ?

Deepee78
Newly Registered
India

Post by Deepee78 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:36 am

dino17 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:46 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
jayeshkaushik wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

I have applied on 21st December VFS, Manchester, original documents received in 4 days, and application processed on 25th Jan. OCI is still awaiting. Hope this helps those who are looking for a timeline.

saket512
Newly Registered
India

Post by saket512 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:13 pm

Hi All,

Here is my timeline for OCI application(so far)...

Date of Application: 3rd Jan 2022 (for a family of 4)
Place of Application: London (Hounslow)
Date of Acknowledgment: 4th January
Supporting documents return date: 11th January (DX courier)
Current status: UNDER PROCESS

Fingers crossed now.

Regards
Saket