ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SW Application Pending on Further Document?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

LESTOU
China

Inquiry about the ATAS Certificate

Post by LESTOU » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:30 pm

I submitted the ATAS application on 05/10/2021 but my current visa will expire on 26/10/2021. The official website states that it will take at least two weeks to get results for applications from researchers. So the timeline for my case is really tight. My new employer basically told me that I cannot submit my visa application without an ATAS certificate. Is there anything I can do to avoid being an overstayer two weeks later (if I still didn't manage to get the ATAS at that point)? Can I submit my visa application without the ATAS and then add the ATAS later on?

LESTOU
China

Re: Inquiry about the ATAS Certificate

Post by LESTOU » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Did anyone apply for the ATAS in the SW route recently? How long does it take?

LESTOU
China

SW Application Pending on Further Document?

Post by LESTOU » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:29 pm

I'm about to extend my Tier 2 visa. My visa is going to expire after two weeks, but I'm still waiting for the ATAS decision (submitted one week ago). The employer cannot issue cos without the ATAS. I'm wondering can I submit an SW application pending on further document and then add that document later on?

Many thanks for your help!

raj_m
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: SW Application Pending on Further Document?

Post by raj_m » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:15 am

I think if you initiate Visa application on gov.uk site and still do not 'submit' it (i mean you hold payment for application fee and IHS surcharge), its still ok as your application started before current visa expiry.
And when your ATAS certificate arrives, then you pay fees and upload that doc.

It should be ok.
But its still my thought, other folks need to confirm on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:20 am

raj_m wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:15 am
I think if you initiate Visa application on gov.uk site and still do not 'submit' it (i mean you hold payment for application fee and IHS surcharge), its still ok as your application started before current visa expiry.
And when your ATAS certificate arrives, then you pay fees and upload that doc.

It should be ok.
But its still my thought, other folks need to confirm on this.
An application is only made in time if submitted and paid. Simply having an application you still need to submit is irrelevant!!

An application MUST be submitted and paid BEFORE visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

whe
Newly Registered
China

Post by whe » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:15 am

LESTOU wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:29 pm
I'm about to extend my Tier 2 visa. My visa is going to expire after two weeks, but I'm still waiting for the ATAS decision (submitted one week ago). The employer cannot issue cos without the ATAS. I'm wondering can I submit an SW application pending on further document and then add that document later on?

Many thanks for your help!
Hi, I hope you solved this problem smoothly. Basically, I am facing the same problem as you did, I am wondering if you or anyone else know that is it ok to submit the visa extension after the current visa expired, either within or over the two weeks legally permitted stay?

Thanks, and happy new year!

LESTOU
China

Post by LESTOU » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:03 am

Sorry for the late reply, but I hope this is still helpful to some extent. My case was ended smoothly as I received my ATAS just in time (on the 14th day). I think the ATAS department is very punctual. But if one decide to submit after the expiry date, there gotta be some strong reasons to explain. Otherwise he/she will lose continuity.