ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment history and company details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alismith
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Employment history and company details

Post by Alismith » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:00 am

Hello,

I applied for my naturalisation yesterday and couldn't add my company details in the employment section as there was only one option to add self employment which i am.

I work for a company as self employed and also have a company that is active and trading too. Tax returns are up to date too.

My question is since there was no option to add my company details in the application, Can i add a cover letter explaining all that including my tax returns for company?

Secondly, i worked for a company back in 2013 and 2015 for a month each, however couldnt find their record on my hmrc account. Since there was no record there, i couldnt add them into my application as it would as exact start and end date which i wasn't sure about.

Can i add this into my cover letter as well please?

Thanks in advance!

Hasan1983
Sudan

Re: Employment history and company details

Post by Hasan1983 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:39 pm

Alismith wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:00 am
Hello,

I applied for my naturalisation yesterday and couldn't add my company details in the employment section as there was only one option to add self employment which i am.

I work for a company as self employed and also have a company that is active and trading too. Tax returns are up to date too.

My question is since there was no option to add my company details in the application, Can i add a cover letter explaining all that including my tax returns for company?

Secondly, i worked for a company back in 2013 and 2015 for a month each, however couldnt find their record on my hmrc account. Since there was no record there, i couldnt add them into my application as it would as exact start and end date which i wasn't sure about.

Thanks in advance!
Try to contact HMRC and ask for employment history report. Moreover you can send a cover letter detailing all these issues to home office. As far as I know home office is not interested in honest straightforward applicants.

Alismith
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alismith » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:10 pm

Hasan1983 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:39 pm
Alismith wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:00 am
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
Try to contact HMRC and ask for employment history report. Moreover you can send a cover letter detailing all these issues to home office. As far as I know home office is not interested in honest straightforward applicants.
Hi

Thanks for your answer. I am happy to provide covering letter to HO explaining this. However hmrc is almost impossible to contact to.

Hmrc online account would only go back as far as 2016 and would not show any details beyond that which is quite frustrating as no one remembers their exacy job start and end date 7 years ago.

My question is , would i be ok if i provide all these details in cover letter or should i withdraw my BC application and apply again?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:34 am

Suggest you fill in as much details as you have/can remember.
Estimates seem to be acceptable for time period, like mm/yy.
Add your cover letter explaining all the periods where you are missing information.
As a general advice to anyone reading this make sure you keep as much of your employment details and also keep a CV up to date - whether you are under immigration or a citizen.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Alismith
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alismith » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:02 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:34 am
Suggest you fill in as much details as you have/can remember.
Estimates seem to be acceptable for time period, like mm/yy.
Add your cover letter explaining all the periods where you are missing information.
As a general advice to anyone reading this make sure you keep as much of your employment details and also keep a CV up to date - whether you are under immigration or a citizen.
Thanks for your reply.

Since i have already applied, i will be providing a cover letter stating my company details and estimated dates of jobs worked that were not mentioned in my application.

Hopefully that will be enough.