ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport for a 10 year old Child Born in England

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Matandc01
Newly Registered

Applying for British Passport for a 10 year old Child Born in England

Post by Matandc01 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:01 pm

I have British Citizenship status granted. I plan to apply for British Passport soon.

Now, I have a daughter who was born here and she has just turned 10 years old. The only document she has is the British Birth Certificate.

My question is, I am tempted to apply for her too for British Passport at the same time as I will be applying for mine by Post and include all the documentations for myself and her in one envelop and despatch them together. What is the implication of taking such an action considering that she has no British naturalisation granted in her name? Would she be granted the passport? If not, what would be the best action to take for a positive outcome in her case?

Your quick guidance over this matter will be greatly appreciated, as I am in a hurry to get passports as we have a holiday booked to our country of original in April 2022.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for British Passport for a 10 year old Child Born in England

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:11 pm

Is she British? Only a British citizen can apply for a British passport
Simply being born in the UK does not make a child British, if neither parent was settled (ILR/PR) at the time of her birth.

You likely have to register her as British before she can apply for a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: Applying for British Passport for a 10 year old Child Born in England

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:41 pm

Agree. If child is automatically British, then apply for a British passport directly Else, register child first.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.