ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

County court

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

County court

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:32 am

Dear members,

I am writing and enquiring in regards of one of my friends who has applied for british citizenship since August and still waiting.

Unfortunately he has received today a County court letter asking him to pay an amount he owes.

What is his best scenario?

Will it affect his application? Does he need to inform the british citizenship application office?

If he pays it would it disappear from the system?

Any suggestions would be helpful

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Re: County court

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:35 am

ANY HELP FROM THE RESPECTFUL MODERATORS PLEASE

Hasan1983
Sudan

Post by Hasan1983 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:48 am

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:32 am
Dear members,

I am writing and enquiring in regards of one of my friends who has applied for british citizenship since August and still waiting.

Unfortunately he has received today a County court letter asking him to pay an amount he owes.

What is his best scenario?

Will it affect his application? Does he need to inform the british citizenship application office?

If he pays it would it disappear from the system?

Any suggestions would be helpful
What was his contravention?.

In a such case scenario it is emphatically better to write to home office detailing all the information regarding this alongside the court ruling.

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:42 pm

it was a car accident claim which didnt get settled (not his fault) and his insurance surprisingly claimed against him the expenses.

He can take it further and explain to the court but this would take time and the Home OFFICE Citzenship department can find out.
Or he can pay the amount owed although he shouldnt and its not his fault...sticky situation at a very tight time...

what do you think he should do then?