ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Biometrics appointment questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cssprashant
India

Post Biometrics appointment questions

Post by cssprashant » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:58 am

Just a quick question I have now submitted the biometrics for the naturalisation.

I believe the next steps are:-
1) Recieve approval letter
2) Citizenship summary

I would appreciate it if you can help me with the following queries:-
1) Once I receive the approval letter I need to schedule the citizenship ceremony within 6 months, right? =>https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies

2) Once the citizenship ceremony my understanding is I would need to surrender the BRP within 5 days and hence would need to apply for the passport which takes up to 3-4 weeks in terms of the process and receiving the British passport during which I obviously can't travel.

Thanks,
Prashant

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Post Biometrics appointment questions

Post by mesn » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:02 pm

Yes and Yes. You need to contact your local council to book the ceremony after you receive your approval/ invitation letter.
cssprashant wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:58 am
Just a quick question I have now submitted the biometrics for the naturalisation.

I believe the next steps are:-
1) Recieve approval letter
2) Citizenship summary

I would appreciate it if you can help me with the following queries:-
1) Once I receive the approval letter I need to schedule the citizenship ceremony within 6 months, right? =>https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies

2) Once the citizenship ceremony my understanding is I would need to surrender the BRP within 5 days and hence would need to apply for the passport which takes up to 3-4 weeks in terms of the process and receiving the British passport during which I obviously can't travel.

Thanks,
Prashant
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

cssprashant
India

Re: Post Biometrics appointment questions

Post by cssprashant » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:36 pm

Thanks a lot @mesn, sorry but please could I check if you said yes to these 2 points ?

Also is there a specific email from which the naturalisation approval email comes from.