ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal process

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shanvasu

Re: Indian Passport renewal process

Post by Shanvasu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:09 am

rudra83 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:43 am
Great! that was supposed to be my question as I have the appointment booked with VFS already. I will make a new application right way.

One last question, for question 9 in the PPF, I am current address since last 6 months. Before that I was for a month at friends place, hotel as I was searching for a place. And prior to that I was in my home address in India. I believe I will have to provide details for all of it, correct?

Thanks again all the help :-)

Regards,
Rudraksha.
Azraa wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:54 pm
Yes you can't edit the form once its submitted, I made a fresh application to edit the details and gave them that application print out. They wont see the other form unless they have the application number for it so it's okay to make another one.

Hi Rudra,

I have also submitted Indian address on both places and now I'm unable to edit it.

Did you managed to edit it in the end or made a new application.?

What will happen to old application ? Please assist here.

Thanks
Shanvasu

Shanvasu

Post by Shanvasu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:09 am

rudra83 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:43 am
Great! that was supposed to be my question as I have the appointment booked with VFS already. I will make a new application right way.

One last question, for question 9 in the PPF, I am current address since last 6 months. Before that I was for a month at friends place, hotel as I was searching for a place. And prior to that I was in my home address in India. I believe I will have to provide details for all of it, correct?

Thanks again all the help :-)

Regards,
Rudraksha.
Azraa wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:54 pm
Yes you can't edit the form once its submitted, I made a fresh application to edit the details and gave them that application print out. They wont see the other form unless they have the application number for it so it's okay to make another one.

Hi Rudra,

I have also submitted Indian address on both places and now I'm unable to edit it.

Did you managed to edit it in the end or made a new application.?

What will happen to old application ? Please assist here.

Thanks
Shanvasu

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:46 am

Hi

If you want to make any modifications, submit a new application. The application that you physically submit in the VFS is what is considered for further processing (the application barcode they scan at VFS). Ignore all the erroneous applications submitted online.

Thanks

Azraa
Newly Registered

Post by Azraa » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 am

Hi Shanvasu,

Just make a new form, print and give that form in at the VFS office, the old form will expire off the system later. They won't be able to see the old form as at the office they use the barcode on the form you give them. I hope that helps.

Shanvasu

Post by Shanvasu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Azraa wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 am
Hi Shanvasu,

Just make a new form, print and give that form in at the VFS office, the old form will expire off the system later. They won't be able to see the old form as at the office they use the barcode on the form you give them. I hope that helps.
Thanks Azraa ... Yes this helps... I will proceed with new form ☺️☺️

addu
Newly Registered
Turks & Caicos Is

Photo not clear in the newly issued Passport

Post by addu » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:42 am

Hello All

I recently received my renewed indian passport from GGI Birmingham. The photo scanned on the passport is not at all clear. Eyes are completely dark and the quality is substandard. Unable to contact the bimingham consulate phone numbers
Anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Photo not clear in the newly issued Passport

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:34 pm

addu wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:42 am
Hello All

I recently received my renewed indian passport from GGI Birmingham. The photo scanned on the passport is not at all clear. Eyes are completely dark and the quality is substandard. Unable to contact the bimingham consulate phone numbers
Anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions. Write to inf.birmingham@mea.gov.in
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

addu
Newly Registered
Turks & Caicos Is

Post by addu » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 am

Hi
Yes I did send the email earlier, no response.

Would I need to go through the whole process of getting a fresh passport- which would take about 3 months.
Or , take a chance and use the existing passport at immigration.

c781
Newly Registered

Post by c781 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:20 pm

Hi,

Just curious if the applicants need to be present at the time of application at the VFS?
I need to renew passport for my wife and daughter(Minor) expiring in August and December
respectively. Should I just go alone on behalf of them to submit all the necessary documents?

Thanks

Azraa
Newly Registered

Post by Azraa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:30 pm

I think it is best that they are present just in case anything extra needs signing. I prepared the documents for my husband but sent him into the VFS centre, he did need to sort out a couple of documents while there. They may or may not be needed but I personally wouldn't risk going without them, particularly your wife as she is an adult and technically it's her application.

c781
Newly Registered

Post by c781 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:03 pm

Hi Azraa,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I agree with your suggestion. I have an infant as well and travelling all the way there with an infant and specifically in this climate, just worries me. Having said that, I agree with your suggestion.

roo55_pa
Newly Registered
India

Post by roo55_pa » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:57 pm

HI everyone,

I did get an appointment chance to renew my daughter's Indian passport through HCI London but by mistake chose the incorrect centre. Since it is mentioned that there is no rescheduling allowed , I sent a mail to cancel to appt.london mail id.

Already a week has passed but the appointment is still not cancelled - which is why I am not able to book a new one, My original date of appointment was 14th March 22

Does anyone have any advice to get a fast resolution to this as each day the slots are getting filled up , I am trying to call and have already sent a reminder mail but none is working now

I am new to this forum and hence do not know if this has been posted before but requesting all to advice

Thanks in advance

Azraa
Newly Registered

Post by Azraa » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:03 pm

roo55_pa wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:57 pm
HI everyone,

I did get an appointment chance to renew my daughter's Indian passport through HCI London but by mistake chose the incorrect centre. Since it is mentioned that there is no rescheduling allowed , I sent a mail to cancel to appt.london mail id.

Already a week has passed but the appointment is still not cancelled - which is why I am not able to book a new one, My original date of appointment was 14th March 22

Does anyone have any advice to get a fast resolution to this as each day the slots are getting filled up , I am trying to call and have already sent a reminder mail but none is working now

I am new to this forum and hence do not know if this has been posted before but requesting all to advice

Thanks in advance
Hi, just wondering how do you know the appointment has not been cancelled? Did you try booking a new one?

The reason I ask is I cancelled an appointment once and they never sent a confirmation saying it's been cancelled, I just assumed it had been.

roo55_pa
Newly Registered
India

Post by roo55_pa » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:54 am

@Azraa : Yes you are correct , they haven't send us any email.We have tried to book it 3 times on different days. It's not working. First day we got one msg so thought may be we need to do after 24 hours. Then we did it on next day , this time it was not even showing any msg, just a yellow bar is coming on top and doing nothing, getting no confirmation email. We are in real trouble. :?

Azraa
Newly Registered

Post by Azraa » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:56 pm

Have you tried booking from a different I.p address? As far as I'm aware it only allows you to book one appointment from one I.p address, so I had to go to my parents' house to book a second one. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the cancelled appointment though but possibly worth trying? Please let us know how you get on.

roo55_pa
Newly Registered
India

Post by roo55_pa » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:44 pm

It is tracking by passport number and name on passport, we did try from a different device and IP also
Mailed the consulate too but no answer

roo55_pa
Newly Registered
India

Post by roo55_pa » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:45 pm

We can see the original appointment in the View/Print Application with the passport number and hence know that it has not been cancelled as of now