ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant extension maintenance 12 months

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Oposum
Newly Registered

Dependant extension maintenance 12 months

Post by Oposum » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:02 pm

Dear,

I will soon be applying for ILR (currently I have Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa) and my partner will be applying for PBS dependent extension

I saw in one of the guidance documents that if the dependent lived in the UK for more than 12 months, she doesn't have to provide maintenance funds. However, on some of the previous guidances, I saw that she should provide the maintenance funds.

Can you please let me know if she should or should not send this? If yes, what should be the amount?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Dependant extension maintenance 12 months

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:42 pm

There is no maintenance required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Oposum
Newly Registered

Post by Oposum » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:31 am

Thank you!

She originally applied for visa in December 2017, and did extension in December 2018 when I switched my visa. Now she completed the application and application only asked for travels that are not in EU and some other countries. She never had an option to chose countries like Cyprus, Hungary, Spain, etc.

Why did this happen? Should she send her full travel history as supporting document? As mentioned, her previous (current) 3 year PBS Dependant extension was from December 2018.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:56 am

I cannot comment on the online form. This changes regularly and I cannot verify changes at all. As far as I know, you could enter any country and there has never been a list
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Oposum
Newly Registered

Post by Oposum » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:05 am

Yes, I was very surprised as well. There was a search box and countries were not available. It specifically said excluding EEA and some other countries. I should have taken a screenshot.

Anyway, should she provide separate note with absences to prove that she was in the UK most of the time (she traveled less than 30 days each year)? Is there a limit for pbs dependant visa extension?

I couldn't find it in guidance unless applying for ILR.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:02 pm

Yes, she should. All absences outside the UK count

Oposum
Newly Registered

Post by Oposum » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:03 pm

Hello,

Can you please help me with the following. Me and my dependant partner are now waiting for our decision on our applications. However, my dependant's parent is really ill and we are not sure if she will have to fly prior to her decision. We are aware that if she leaves the country application is considered as withdrawn and that she cannot re-enter the country because her brp expired.

Questions:

1. Is there any way that she asks for exception and gets confirmation that she can go and return in case she has to attend funeral?

2. If she leaves and the current application is withdrawn immediately, she can make a new one from outside the UK immediately, choose priority service and obtain the new one in a few days. Is there any chance that she can then come back to the UK and count as continuous residence and that this one off event is considered as extraordinary circumstances? She would only spend 10-14 days outside of the UK this way, but question remains can they accept why she had that gap when she didn't have valid UK visa.

Thank you for your answers. It is a really tough situation to be in and it is sad that there was no super priority option for her.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Oposum wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:03 pm
Hello,

Can you please help me with the following. Me and my dependant partner are now waiting for our decision on our applications. However, my dependant's parent is really ill and we are not sure if she will have to fly prior to her decision. We are aware that if she leaves the country application is considered as withdrawn and that she cannot re-enter the country because her brp expired.

Questions:

1. Is there any way that she asks for exception and gets confirmation that she can go and return in case she has to attend funeral?

2. If she leaves and the current application is withdrawn immediately, she can make a new one from outside the UK immediately, choose priority service and obtain the new one in a few days. Is there any chance that she can then come back to the UK and count as continuous residence and that this one off event is considered as extraordinary circumstances? She would only spend 10-14 days outside of the UK this way, but question remains can they accept why she had that gap when she didn't have valid UK visa.

Thank you for your answers. It is a really tough situation to be in and it is sad that there was no super priority option for her.
Sorry to hear about the situation. It is a tough place to be.

1. Exception is unlikely. However, you should get medical certificate/doctor's letter etc and try writing in to HO and ask for expedited processing. It has worked in some cases.
2. She can apply for a new visa overseas but it won't be decided until yours is. And it will likely break the continuous period.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Oposum
Newly Registered

Post by Oposum » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:50 am

Yes, it is really a terrible situation :(

Do you know by any chance to what email address should she send the documents?

To clarify, she would basically have to ask that both her and mine visa get approved quicker, since her visa in any case depends on mine?

Thanks for your help!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:51 pm

Oposum wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:50 am

To clarify, she would basically have to ask that both her and mine visa get approved quicker, since her visa in any case depends on mine?

Thanks for your help!
I don't have an email address. But you may be better off sending a signed for 1st class mail.

And yes, it is understood both need to be expedited
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Oposum
Newly Registered

Post by Oposum » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Oposum wrote:

Thanks for your help!
I don't have an email address. But you may be better off sending a signed for 1st class mail.

Thanks, I will do that. We will get hospital documents translated over the next day or two and then send the mail.

Can you by any chance remember topics where people reported this to be successful? Any tips would be great and I would appreciate if you have any links so I can go through them. Also, in case we do not get any response, should we send email as follow up after some time?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:41 pm

Oposum wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 pm
marcnath wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Oposum wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Thanks, I will do that. We will get hospital documents translated over the next day or two and then send the mail.

Can you by any chance remember topics where people reported this to be successful? Any tips would be great and I would appreciate if you have any links so I can go through them. Also, in case we do not get any response, should we send email as follow up after some time?
No, unfortunately I don't remember any of those threads.

It would make sense to do multiple channels - Mail, email, even meet your local MP and ask him/her to support it and forward it. I can't see any harm in trying everything you can.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:54 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:57 pm

1. Exception is unlikely. However, you should get medical certificate/doctor's letter etc and try writing in to HO and ask for expedited processing. It has worked in some cases.
Dear marcanth, I was in a similar situation as the person who wrote this post and I tried your advice. I received successful email, and I can't thank you enough. Million times thank you!

For the support of forum and the person who posted this, these were my steps:

1. I called UKVI to ask about this (can it be accelerated). The number I called was 0800 678 1767, I found this number by googling contact number UKVI.

I was immediately impressed with their response, woman who was speaking asked me about my situation, and a number of follow up questions. She collected application details and personal details and told me to monitor my email as the following team to contact me is really quick (responsive).

2. After 20 minutes or so, I received an email asking for documents to prove the reason why my application should be accelerated. I sent translated hospital records from foreign country and blood tests of the person who is severely ill and wrote that I tried to get super priority but it wasn't available (just so they know that I am not trying to trick the system, in my original thread you can see that I was trying for 27 days straight).

3. A few hours later I received email saying that documents have been received and something else generic.

4. Next business day, my application has been approved. I received official email, plus a personal email from the caseworker who confirmed that it has been successful and that he will try to send BRPs as soon as possible.

That is it.

Once again, THANK YOU @marcnath