ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization List of documents and Link

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

testinguk2010
India

Naturalization List of documents and Link

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:48 pm

Hi Admin,

Many thanks for the wonderful assistance

Am an ILR last year and am eligible for naturalization at the moment.

Kindly do the needful

1. Would you please share with me the gov.link to apply for Naturalization.
2. List of documents required
3. what are the timelines at the moment it is taking at an average for naturalization, is it 6 months from now (average range please?). this is to plan for holidays, i have plans in July

Thanks in advance

testinguk2010
India

Re: Naturalization List of documents and Link

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:35 pm

admin, Kindly share

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:15 pm

1. Apply online: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1635257670
2. The system will give you a list of documents but it shouldn't be more than your Passport - BRP - English/LITUK tests - referee declarations. Documents are uploded - no requirement for originals to be submitted. If you are self-employed you normally need to include the last self-assessment tax return.
3. Anybody's guess, probably 3-6 months, sometimes longer, sometimes faster.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Many thanks, so kind of you

few queries

1. I have got ILR on Dec8th 2020, can I apply 28 days prior ie 8th Nov 2021 or do I need to apply for naturalization after Dec 8th, 2021?
2. The referees can be British who stayed 3 years, is it correct
3. In between ILR day 8th Dec 2020 and 8th Dec 2021, I have traveled for 1 month to India. is it valid? i mean still can i apply on Dec 9th 2021 for naturalization.
4. After filling the sample application, I got a list of evidence to be submitted, out of which one I got doubt
Mr.xxxxx(applicant) has proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:25 pm

1. There is NO 28 day early concession for citizenship. The rules very clearly state you need ilr for 13 months!!

2. One referee who is British and over 25. The other referee must be a professional on the UKVI professions list and can be any nationality.

3. Up to 90 days absence is allowed in the 1e months before applying.

4. Ilr BRP.

Have you read the Form AN guidance at all??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi admin,

One of my friend's query, kindly assist him

My friend (ILR) submitted his original indian passport and BRP inorder to apply his son (born in UK) British passort application.
his son passport arrived on 28th december'21.
but my friend passport and brp not yet received in spite of 10 days. is it the usual time, kindly share whom to contact to get his passport and brp

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:23 pm

Return of supporting documents can take a few weeks at the moment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:36 pm

admins,

Many thanks for the reply. Just in case in any email to chase them on passport and BRP card so that I have track that I have not received.
I have to submit my naturalization application, can I submit without my passport and BRP

original email

My friend (ILR) submitted his original indian passport and BRP inorder to apply his son (born in UK) British passort application.
his son passport arrived on 28th december'21.
but my friend passport and brp not yet received in spite of 10 days. is it the usual time, kindly share whom to contact to get his passport and brp

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:47 pm

Not sure what you are asking ....
for naturalisation you upload scans of your documents, no originals are submitted.
When you are able to apply for a passport HMPO asks for the original of passports and certificate.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:42 pm

Hi Admin,

Many thanks for your support, really appreciate your wonderful assistance in resolving various queries;

I had ILR 2020 Dec.
with regard to naturalization, I have filled the application, I have small doubts, much appreciated it if you could help me .

1. Did you meet the knowledge of English No requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013? - I did a degree in India. i have NARIC for my Indian English degree...I guess i can mark Yes to this question is it correct?

2. 'Do you have a valid identity card'?...can i say NO or yes(on the basis I have aadhar card or passport or voter id)?

3. for 2 referees, I approached the below 2 people
a. Accountant who is a British citizen for 7 years(but he is staying in India 3 years )
b British citizens for more than 6 years who is 40 years old - is the 2 referees satisfy the requirement?

4. I hope the parent declaration form is not required for adults, parent declaration is required for child applicants. anyway am not applying for my child now

5 phot size is 35(horizontal)*45(vertical). is it correct

6. for 5 years of residence proof, myself and my wife staying same address last 6 years.
can I put last 1 year all utility statements(both myself and my wife name) AND ,( bank statements joint myself and my wife) and remaining 4 years - can I put yearly 3 randomly 3*4= 12 copies of bank statement joint account and utility bill

7. Ecctics letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognized standard of a bachelors or masters degree or PhD in the UK and confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught - for this Naric is sufficient, is it right

8. Mr xxxx proof of freedom from migration time restrictions - for this BRP is fine I guess

9. for referr1 - accountant am approaching and referee 2 -a British citizen who has 40 years old
how does the refer know - can I say friend and another one Professional accountant

Thanks in advance

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:03 am

Kindly reply

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:20 am

Please do the needful for my queries Admin

I have to apply on tomorrow. much appreciated your help
thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:28 am

1. You can use what you used for ilr if you got ilr after 28 October 2013.

2. Say No. Your Indian card is irrelevant.

3. Should be fine.

4. Irrelevant.

5. Photo for what??

6. You ONLY need your passport(s). Nothing else!!

7. Naric should be fine if you used it for ilr.

8. It is ONLY your BRP card.

9. Fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:00 pm

Hi Admin,

Many thanks for your support, really appreciate your wonderful assistance in resolving various queries;

I had ILR 2020 Dec.
with regard to naturalization, I have filled the application, I have small doubts, much appreciated it if you could help me .

1. Did you meet the knowledge of English No requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013? - I did a degree in India. i have NARIC for my Indian English degree...I guess i can mark Yes to this question is it correct?

2. 'Do you have a valid identity card'?...can i say NO or yes(on the basis I have aadhar card or passport or voter id)?

3. for 2 referees, I approached the below 2 people
a. Accountant who is a British citizen for 7 years(but he is staying in India 3 years )
b British citizens for more than 6 years who is 40 years old - is the 2 referees satisfy the requirement?

4. for 5 years of residence proof, myself and my wife staying the same address last 6 years.
can I put per year 2 statements, 2*6 = 12 of 1. utility bill 2. joint bank account 3. house agreements 3 years 4. council tax yearly 1

5. for proof of identity section - any home office reference letter is required like BRPissue letter etc

6. have you made any previous UK immigration applications in UK or abroad - in my last application i submitted ILR in 2020, can I put yes here and give the details of the reference number here

9. for referr1 - accountant am approaching and referee 2 -a British citizen who has 40 years old
how does the refer know - can I say friend and another one Professional accountant

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:12 pm

Why are you asking the same questions again when I have already answered?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:42 pm

Sorry, i didnt see your answers, some home its not reflected as was in same session.

Many thanks for this

last 2 queries

1. In the Immigration section, there is a question 'Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?' for this do I have to say yes and give my ILR application date which I did in 2020 dec and ? or Not required, just mentioned No

2. For the section in documents to upload, - Do I need to provide a home office reference copy ( I had one where ILR brp issued)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:54 pm

1. You need to list immigration ALL applications you have made, not just ILR.

2. No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:35 pm

Many thanks, admin for the wonderful assistance, much appreciated. You are the great boon to visa applicants

for uploading documents for naturalization, please suggest is the below table ok or did I forget anything to add?

1. Others - referee 1 and 2 signed copy and photo glued scanned
2. finances - 1. bank statement where salary credited to last 3 months.
2. Bank statements last 5 years each year one ONLY
3. Residence - council tax las 5 years, utility statement address proof each 1 for last 5 years
4. proof of identity - current passport, BRP, driving license, any home office reference copy,
5. proof of application - current passport, all old passports
6. sponsors and employment - p60 last 3 years, ( I don't have 2020 to 2021 instead I have p45(p5 means leaving, but i didn't leave the company) not sure whether I can upload or just upload p60 2017, p60, 2018, p60 2019
7. Life events - Marriage certificate, life in the UK, sons British passport copy
8. educational - naric, provisional degree certificate, and convocation certificate

are these documents are fine. ? kindly let me know which are the KEY/CRITICAL documents which are mandatory.
regarding p60 I don't have 2020 to 2021, I have p45 instead. so can I just upload 2017, 2018 and 2019
this p60 document is mandatory i guess, because in the application we gave tax office reference number (which b basically get from p60 only)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:03 pm

Some comments against your list - note that naturalisation only requires a minimum of documents - it's not an immigration application.
testinguk2010 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:35 pm
Many thanks, admin for the wonderful assistance, much appreciated. You are the great boon to visa applicants

for uploading documents for naturalization, please suggest is the below table ok or did I forget anything to add?

1. Others - referee 1 and 2 signed copy and photo glued scanned
2. finances - 1. bank statement where salary credited to last 3 months. Not required.
2. Bank statements last 5 years each year one ONLY Not required.
3. Residence - council tax las 5 years, utility statement address proof each 1 for last 5 years Not required - only need your passport(s) covering the residency period.
4. proof of identity - current passport, BRP, driving license, any home office reference copy, That's your passport only.
5. proof of application - current passport, all old passports Old passports not required.
6. sponsors and employment - p60 last 3 years, ( I don't have 2020 to 2021 instead I have p45(p5 means leaving, but i didn't leave the company) not sure whether I can upload or just upload p60 2017, p60, 2018, p60 2019 Not required.
7. Life events - Marriage certificate, life in the UK, sons British passport copy Marriage certificate not required unless you apply as spouse of a British citizen. Son's passport?
8. educational - naric, provisional degree certificate, and convocation certificate

are these documents are fine. ? kindly let me know which are the KEY/CRITICAL documents which are mandatory.
regarding p60 I don't have 2020 to 2021, I have p45 instead. so can I just upload 2017, 2018 and 2019
this p60 document is mandatory i guess, because in the application we gave tax office reference number (which b basically get from p60 only)
Not required as mentioned about - you don't need to prove your tax ref number - you have entered it into the application.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:14 pm

Many thanks, again for your swift response. much appreciated. have a biometric appointment this week

2 questions last, please

1. Please correct me if am wrong in the consent form,
part 1: the first page is my signature and address(applicant) - is it right
part 2: 2nd page, my wife sign, and address - as I submitting joint utility statement, so her consent may be required
part 3: no third-party - still do I need to scan along with part1, part2 while uploading documents

2. in the proof of identity section, can I add my son's British passport - this is just to add value as his british

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:17 pm

Why are you submitting utility bills?? These are NOT required for citizenship applications.

Proof of identity is the APPLICANTS passports,not your British child.

You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 pm

Many thanks, have removed unnecessary like utility, house agreement and council tax.

along with part1, do I need to scan empty pages of part 2 and part 3 and put in OTHERS section while uploading the documents.