ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CEFR level of NARIC degree certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Don Stairs
Newly Registered
Seychelles

CEFR level of NARIC degree certificate

Post by Don Stairs » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:54 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to apply for Set(O), currently on Tier 2 Skilled worker. I have a simple question about the English degree validation.

Appendix KoLL 2.2 (a) (iv) is a bit vague about the minimum CEFR level required: "Ecctis has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English". Same goes for Appendix English Language EL 5.2-5.4.

I do have two NARIC certificates: validating my "outside of UK" degree and degree as level B1. Is level B1 enough? My assumptions is yes as this is the same level as for English test requirement.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: CEFR level of NARIC degree certificate

Post by ywlgy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:15 pm

You must have demonstrated your English level in your Tier 2 application, so there is no need to provide the language evidence again for ILR application.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Don Stairs
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by Don Stairs » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:57 am

ywlgy wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:15 pm
You must have demonstrated your English level in your Tier 2 application, so there is no need to provide the language evidence again for ILR application.
Thank you, I do have an expired IELTS C1 test (which I used for Tier 2 application) but was confused by whether it can be used "as is" or it has to be "it’s on the current list of recognised tests it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter" + "Old ESOL qualifications are no longer accepted as proof for settlement and citizenship applications. Only LanguageCert International ESOL SELT is accepted (effective from 3 April 2020)".

Just in case, is there a way to distinguish old SEOL certificate from new one?..

Don Stairs
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by Don Stairs » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:58 pm

Nevermind, found the HC813 changes from 2020 saying that the English assessment is only required once, as you mentionned. :D

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:27 am

Don Stairs wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:58 pm
Nevermind, found the HC813 changes from 2020 saying that the English assessment is only required once, as you mentionned. :D
That's correct, proved once before, not required further