ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement problems?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ela27

Bank statement problems?

Post by ela27 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi there,

I am currently in an organisation mode as my husband will be applying for his visa in around 4-5 weeks time!

The next question I have if anyone can assist - is regarding bank statements.

As my ISA statements are 6 monthly and I have a while to wait until the next, I have requested a Certificate of Balance to be sent out at the end of the month - is this good enough?

My current account statements are for the 5th - 4th of each month. But I don't usually receive them until 10-11th of the month. Time we get the supporting evidence looked at by someone at the IAS and send out to Kenya they wont be up to date. I read somewhere a while ago that they should not be 2 weeks out of date. Any ideas how I avoid this? I phoned my bank this morning and they can't issue statements sooner, all they can do is a Certificate of Balance (as for the ISA) but that takes 7-10 working days to get to me!! I didn't think it mattered too much for the ISA, but I would like bank statements to be up to date. If they don't accept internet print outs then what can I do? Please help!!

Thanks.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:26 pm

I had the same problem and at the end of the day i just sent the most recent, if your statements show money is always going in and balance is about the same then i think that will be fine, i to had an ISA and savings in the internet section of my account and only sent print outs and that seemed fine.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:53 pm

So you sent a print out of your ISA from internet? I think I may send the certificate of balance plus a print out for that. How recent was your most recent? The thing is, it should come on the 10th ish, and we really really wanted to apply at the start of December - but if we wait for that it will be more like the middle. I am going to speak to my branch to see if they can suggest anything else that may get around the problem so we can apply in the first week, otherwise I suppose its better to wait for the statement on the 10th. Money is good though, I went overdrawn very briefly and by very little back in June just after we got married in Kenya (for obvious reasons!) but since being home money has been steadily going in and I have managed to save £1100 so far, which should be closer to £1,600 when we apply, I think based on this we might be ok with a print out. Any more suggestions on this please? Would be very much appreciated, don't want to get it all wrong for the sake of waiting 10 days!! Thanks

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:10 pm

My statements come around the 10th also but i just ordered them from the cashpoint so i could sent them off,they must have been about 2 weeks old but have to say the ECO didn't take any notice of them anyway.My husband had to have an interview so i made sure he went with updated statements.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:38 pm

Ok - is that what you do at the machine? Is that a statement that you can request is posted? Does it come like a normal statement? Have never had to do that before.

Where is your husband from? And how long did it all take?

Also if you have any tips on inteview that would be great - incase he gets one!

My husband is from Kenya, and I have read from other posts that it is a pretty quick turn around in Nairobi and sometimes without interview, but I will post him the statement when it comes incase.

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

mteja

mteja

Post by mteja » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:13 pm

Hello Ela

About the statements and savings dont worry to much. Ourselves my we printed ours from internet took them to our branc(lyods)had them stamped and we were fine. We also had two months overdrawn statements but we never handed those two months..we only handed over four months, and the ECO was ok.

About your hubby going for interveiw..he might or might not. Depends with the ECO I guess. I went for the interview but my two mates never went for interview. myself and my mates were applying from kenyan embassy nairobi.

Good luck
togetherness as one

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi thats right just order it from the cashpoint and it's sent as normal.
My hubsband is from India and he had to be interviewed,they ask about how we met,what employment i have ,how much i earn,what out goings i have and my accommodation unfortunately we got refused so i had a hearing in september which went really well and visa was granted,now just waiting fro him to come home.
Wish you luck.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:46 pm

Thanks everyone.

I will order one from cashpoint and if it doesnt make it in time I'll print one off and get it stamped! Great help. Phew!!!

Mteja - can you give me an idea of interview questions if you have a spare moment? Just incase. He is applying in Nairobi - did you?

We're nearly ready now, just got to wait for my November wage slip and a couple of other things.

Thanks for the advise. If you have any extra tips please let me know

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 pm

P.S. Should I leave out the June bank statement which is slightly overdrawn? and include 5 months? or will it not matter and just enclose 6 months? whats best - any ideas?

Thanks

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi

I've been reading this thread with interest - if you have an authorised overdraft and you're within your authorised limit - why is it a problem?

I'm about to apply for a visa and I'm in my authorised overdraft pretty much every month (I'm a student!). :) I sent bank s.ments for my student visa showing me going into od every month and it seemed fine then - will it be a problem for FLR?

Thanks!

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:53 pm

lkpone,
you're probably right about the overdraft. Even i have a £1250 overdraft facility with my account and i'm worried about being £100 overdrawn at a couple of points in the last 6 months!!! i'm not really sure about the whole finance issue, some people come on here saying they have thousands of pounds in their account and will that be ok, and others are barely out of their overdrafts. Is there a simple answer about finances? or is it a case of being able to show you have £95 extra a week after rent, bills etc? and any extra money is a bonus. What have others been like financially when applying for a spouse's visa? any advise/suggestions/help would be good,
Thanks

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:40 pm

my bank statements went up to mid august and my husband applied mid sep and have his interview late sep, and this was no problem.