ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of accomodation?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ela27

proof of accomodation?

Post by ela27 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi there,

My husband will be coming to live with my parents initially on his settlement visa. We're going to include - land registry certificate, council tax payments letter, a recent utilities bill, letter to say not overcrowded and letter from my parents saying it is ok for us to live with them until we rent somewhere - is this ok?

Thanks.
Last edited by ela27 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:58 pm

Sounds fine. Is the letter confirming the house will not be over crowded done by the council?? i ask because it was one of the things i got failed on,they wanted it in writing from the local council.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:41 pm

Yes I am going to go to the local council and explain the situation and ask them to write a letter. I might also take a few photos of the rooms in the house.

Thanks

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:44 pm

i took photos of each room and wrote measurements down and the embassy told my husband that's fine and they need no further paperwork.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:49 pm

ok thanks, i think i might do both!! better safe than sorry

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 am

wah i did was i went to this immigration office n were they look at your house n rooms and tke measuremetns and wrtite the letter for you and that company works on behalf of the Goverment....they said if the BHC have a problem they will contact them directly and sort it out for you....

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi again,

Just to let you know - incase this helps anyone else. I called my local council and spoke to the housing standards dept. They were very helpful and are sending someone out to carry out an immigration assessment on the house on monday. There is no cost for this service.

Thanks

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:38 pm

vickivickii wrote:i took photos of each room and wrote measurements down and the embassy told my husband that's fine and they need no further paperwork.
just so you know, my husband just recently got his visa and this was all we submitted.

plus the rental agreement and a letter from my mum saying we could live there.

amserve

Post by amserve » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Is the letter confirming the house will not be over crowded done by the council?? i ask because it was one of the things i got failed on,they wanted it in writing from the local council.[/quote]

Accomodation letter/report can be from any professional like surveyor or estate agent, it doesn't have to be the local council.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:03 pm

The letter we got was from the council - a lady came round to look at the house and then wrote a letter saying it would not be overcrowded and was of good standard. This was all free of charge and they were very helpful. I telephoned my council and asked to speak to someone at the housing standards dept to book the appointment.

greenserenity82507
Newly Registered

accomodation through parents?

Post by greenserenity82507 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:19 am

is this possible?can someone apply for visa and has a chance through this?is there any recent success stories for this kind? i have read some post and said that this is no longer acceptable in the embassy or is this only done in my country when applying for visa in UK

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:27 am

You will also need to show that you will be making a financial contribution to the household bills, food etc.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi there,

This wasnt ALL we did to prove we had suitable accommodation - it was to cover the point about overcrowding. We also showed proof that my parents owned the property and a letter from them stating we could live there and that we would pay £200 rent between us until my husband is working. We had this checked at the IAS and she said this was fine.

[/quote]greenserinity - how do you mean...
is this possible? can someone apply for a visa and has a chance through this? is there any recent success stories for this kind)
can you explain? I'm not sure whether you mean if living with parents is okay? It is okay as long as you still show proof of who owns the house and that you can live there, and that it will not be overcrowded if you are living there. We also stated clearly how much we will contribute and this was on our monthly budget, as well as "rent" on bank statements paid to Mum and Dad each month (and we stated it would stay at £200 until my husband is working)

We have submitted now and are just waiting and hoping - we know we have done everything we possibly could so fingers crossed. If anyone wants to know what we did please ask, it all went smoothly in nairobi for us, and we were told to phone around 13th Jan.