ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out side UK for more than 90 day for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

vtox_g
United Kingdom

Out side UK for more than 90 day for Naturalisation

Post by vtox_g » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:02 am

Hey Guys,

I am planning to get my medical treatment done from my home country and it might take more than 90 days. According to my doctor, it might go up to 5-6 months. Will the HO consider my application for Naturalisation with all the doctor certificates? and i am also in the process of buying the property in the UK and I have plans to settle permanently.

Please share your thoughts, Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Out side UK for more than 90 day for Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:16 am

There is some discretion available regarding absences as per the AN guidance page 11: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _final.pdf
However, a simpler approach would be to wait until your absences in the 12 months prior to application have reduced to say around 100 days which seems to be acceptable per the guidance. For absences higher than that you have to provide extra details. Regarding "plans to settle permanently" that is expected by the time you apply, and the application asks for that anyway. By waiting a few months after your return you keep things simple.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.