ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is required to travel to Europe?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shyamgorasia
Mood:

What is required to travel to Europe?

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:36 am

Hello guys,

Looking to holiday in Europe somewhere ie. Paris, Spain, Italy etc and was wondering whether my partner can travel to Europe on a UK spouse visa? She is from Kenya and has a kenyan passport, would she need to apply for a schengen visa?

Would I also need a visa? , since I've read about some new rules which may have come into effect from 2022?

Kind regards
Shyam

meself2
Ireland

Re: What is required to travel to Europe?

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:44 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:36 am
She is from Kenya and has a kenyan passport, would she need to apply for a schengen visa?
Yes. Spouse visa doesn't give any rights to travel anywhere except UK.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:19 am

Would I need to get this aswell since post brexit. Or do I just have to get a visitor standard visa if applicable?

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:39 pm

Are there any restrictions for going to Dubai on a UK spouse visa, with a kenyan passport?

Thanks
Shyam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:40 pm

A spouse visa is ONLY relevant to the UK.

For any other country you or your spouse wish to visit, you need to check if a Kenyan citizen needs a visa.

There is no special consideration for people who hold a UK spouse visa to travel to other countries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:43 pm

OK thanks a lot, Looking at travelling to Dubai, she would need a visa. But not sure where to apply for this as there's so many websites. We're planning to travel on a different airline so the Emirates online visa service would not be applicable.

Does anybody know where the official website is to apply for a dubai visa for my wife?

Thanks in advance.
Shyam

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:32 am

Tourist visa.
Who can apply for your tourist visa?
  • Tourist visas through airlines

Each airline has some conditions, which must be met in order for your visa to be arranged by them. One of the conditions is flying with them. For more updated and specific information, check the following UAE-based airlines for visa types, facilities, terms and conditions:

Visa services from Etihad Airways - Etihad Airways
    Visa Services offered by Emirates Airline - Emirates Airline
    Visa services from Fly Dubai - Fly Dubai
    Visa services from Air Arabia - Air Arabia
  • Tourist visas through agencies and hotels

Licensed travel agents and hotels in the UAE can arrange a tourist visa for you provided you purchase the ticket through them and maintain hotel reservation with the specific hotel.

You can also contact travel agencies in your country for any tourist packages available to the UAE in collaboration with a local tour operator.

It is important to check the authenticity of travel agents you are dealing with and refrain from paying or sending copies of your official documents until after you are 100 per cent sure the tour operator is genuine. You can seek the help of the UAE embassy in your country for verification.
Note: The UAE embassies do not issue tourist visas. In order to get a tourist visa to the UAE, you need to get in touch with one of the UAE-based airlines, a tour agency or a hotel (where you intend to stay) in the UAE who will apply for visa on your behalf to the official visa-issuing authorities in the UAE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.