ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALLOWED APPEAL

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manav kumar
Newly Registered

ALLOWED APPEAL

Post by manav kumar » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:08 pm

my appeal was allowed last month as its been over 28 days can HOMEOFFICE go against the decision.
can some one really help us with how long it will take to get visa.
can i or my wife do anything to speed up things.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:32 pm

I thought I and a few other people responded to you last time. It normally takes upto 3 months from the time of your appeal to you getting a visa.

Have you phoned or written to the British HC where you applied to ask them what the position. If not write or phone to them. It might be that they are busy at the moment

Be patient and you will get it eventually

manav kumar
Newly Registered

Post by manav kumar » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:00 pm

yes it was really helpfull,
i have called them and they said they havent recive anything from HOME OFFICE, me and my wife have fax them.
CAN HOME OFFICE STILL GO AGAINST THE DECISION EVEN THO ITS BEEN OVER ONE AND HALF MONTH.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi manav,
No i truly believe they will not go against there decision after all this time.
Myself and hubby are having the same problem as you, i have spoken to your wife a few times, my hubby and you had the same ECO then we went to court the same week. We to are still waiting to hear and hubby is going to phone on monday to see what is happening so i will let you know what he is told!!!!. Someone has said that they are very behind and are about 2 months late in issuing visas, i hope they are wrong!!!!!!
keep in touch.

manav kumar
Newly Registered

Post by manav kumar » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:11 pm

hi lesley
i hope that tooo, plzz do let me kno what happens on monday,
thank you so much

manav kumar
Newly Registered

Post by manav kumar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:11 pm

I HAVE CALLED BRITISH HIGH COMMISION NEW DELHI AND THEY STILL SAYING THEY HAVENT RECIVE ANYTHING FROM HOMEOFFICE.
I AM WORRIED CAUSE ITS BEEN MORE THEN ONE HALF MONTH NOW.
CAN SOMEBODY REALLY HELP.
THX

johnny

Post by johnny » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:28 pm

soemtimes it takes 2 months specially in countries like India Pakistan
because they are very busy, i read this in AIT website

my advice just be patient you nearly there

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi manav,
My hubby phoned BHC to day and they also told him they had no news but they didn't even ask who he was !!!!so not at all helpful at all.
I phoned the determination office today and they are really helpful,they even phoned me back within the hour.They informed me that the letters were dispatched on the 24th October and to allow 2 weeks for them to arrive and then time for the ECO to do there paperwork.but at least we know its being dealt with.I expect yours has been dispatched as well as your hearing was the same week as ours and at the same court house.I will e-mail Sarah with the details so she can contact them.
We will be just waiting now for letter to be sent as BHC not at all helpful.

manav kumar
Newly Registered

Post by manav kumar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 am

hi lesley
so what you think how long it will take now.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:00 pm

We are thinking it's already been nearly 2 weeks so are giving it another week then phoning BHC again. Do you agree? my hubby is getting very inpatient with waiting!!!!!

manav kumar
Newly Registered

Post by manav kumar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:29 pm

yea, i was thinking same too, i will wait for another week then i will give them a call.
ofcourse its really hard to wait that long, i have been waiting for nearly one half year now.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Yes hubby has, he went home july 07. Mind you he says the weather is cooling down and is bearable now!!!!!! You're both going to be so clold when you get home!!!!
Keep in touch.

manav kumar
Newly Registered

Post by manav kumar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:03 pm

hi lesley
when ur husband gona call BHC? let me kno plzz so call them day after.
hope u ok. take care.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:25 am

lesley15 wrote:Hi manav,
My hubby phoned BHC to day and they also told him they had no news but they didn't even ask who he was !!!!so not at all helpful at all.
I phoned the determination office today and they are really helpful,they even phoned me back within the hour.They informed me that the letters were dispatched on the 24th October and to allow 2 weeks for them to arrive and then time for the ECO to do there paperwork.but at least we know its being dealt with.I expect yours has been dispatched as well as your hearing was the same week as ours and at the same court house.I will e-mail Sarah with the details so she can contact them.
We will be just waiting now for letter to be sent as BHC not at all helpful.
Lesley,

could you be so helpful so as to let me know the contact numbers of the determination office, so that I could find out if my determination papers have been dispatched as well. Really appreciate it.
Skeptic

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi. This is the number of the HOPOU in feltham 02089172039, i don't know where your hearing was but if you phone them they may be able to give you the right number, good luck!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:40 pm

lesley15 wrote:Hi. This is the number of the HOPOU in feltham 02089172039, i don't know where your hearing was but if you phone them they may be able to give you the right number, good luck!
Thanks a million lesley15, you are a gem. Good luck. My prayers for you. Pray i get a move in my life soon.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:38 pm

Well, with lesley15's kind help, I have the following information from the determination office.

My papers are with the BHC and the status has already been changed to Appeal successful - no objections.

The guy who was very helpful also said that you should expect a call for your passport to be stamped somewhere near the last week of november.

So, all in all, good news i suppose :D
Skeptic

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Thats great news,so happy to help.My hubby should get a letter next week to collect his passport so fingers crossed for us all.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:25 am

Great news. Seriously, when i get the visa, i will be a relief, I have had to let go of two lucrative job offers, a relocation possibility and lots and lots of heart ache being apart from my wife. God help us all and Good luck.
Skeptic