ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Huge Black Hole Visa Delays ?!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

higgs1818
Newly Registered
Mexico

Huge Black Hole Visa Delays ?!

Post by higgs1818 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:58 pm

:shock: I'm sorry to rant on here... Is anyone else in the same position?! I can't be the only person waiting now into my 7th month to hear anything, anything at all, from the HO about my visa extension to remain in the UK?

There's been absolutely nothing.

No email/txt/letter to say that it would be more than 8 weeks...

My complaint email received no reply...

My MP a few months back, who wrote to the HO, received no reply...

They cannot tell you anything on the phone line...

How long am I supposed to wait in this visa black hole?

I do have great great sympathy for all those affected by the pandemic, Afghanistan and now Ukraine... but I still have a right to know, how long is the HO backlog, and when I might hear something on an application, that a solicitor originally said should be 'a standard straight forward application'. Why can't they even just say, that due to the current issues, there is a backlog of 6 months or a year?

Has anyone successfully had a family visa extension to remain in the UK, applied for and accepted within the last 6 months?

I'm honestly wondering if mine has simply become lost from the system. How would I know when they don't communicate?

Your experiences / feedback is appreciated.

I've created a poll too - please indicate how long have you waited for your extension to remain in the UK - If you submitted it in the last half of 2021. Thank you.

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Huge Black Hole Visa Delays ?!

Post by kamsi » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:18 am

And to add salt to injury you would have paid nearly 3,000 pounds for the application and more if you add legal fees.

Lately I’ve become really angry with the system. I’ve lots of sympathy for those who are just starting this brutal journey of 10 years route to settlement.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:05 am

higgs1818 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:58 pm
:shock: I'm sorry to rant on here... Is anyone else in the same position?! I can't be the only person waiting now into my 7th month to hear anything, anything at all, from the HO about my visa extension to remain in the UK?

There's been absolutely nothing.

No email/txt/letter to say that it would be more than 8 weeks...

My complaint email received no reply...

My MP a few months back, who wrote to the HO, received no reply...

They cannot tell you anything on the phone line...

How long am I supposed to wait in this visa black hole?

I do have great great sympathy for all those affected by the pandemic, Afghanistan and now Ukraine... but I still have a right to know, how long is the HO backlog, and when I might hear something on an application, that a solicitor originally said should be 'a standard straight forward application'. Why can't they even just say, that due to the current issues, there is a backlog of 6 months or a year?

Has anyone successfully had a family visa extension to remain in the UK, applied for and accepted within the last 6 months?

I'm honestly wondering if mine has simply become lost from the system. How would I know when they don't communicate?

Your experiences / feedback is appreciated.

I've created a poll too - please indicate how long have you waited for your extension to remain in the UK - If you submitted it in the last half of 2021. Thank you.
That's so annoying you have had to wait for this long and I hope you hear back soon. I am not sure which family route you applied but my spouse applied for a spouse visa extension in the last half of 2021 and did receive the visa within the official times prescribed.
I am not sure the Ukraine is defo an issue as you had applied way before sounds like it.
The others can advise more, but I would say keep pestering your MP.

Jhelumi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jhelumi » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:45 pm

I know of people who've had quick responses within 4 weeks with visas approved that were applied in the second half of 2021.

I would suggest getting in touch with your local MP again as Home Office by law have to respond to them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:31 pm

It is a well known fact that many FLR FP applications which are complex can take many months, often a year or more.

There is already an existing for FLR FP topic and this one will now be locked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:05 am

Jhelumi wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:45 pm
I would suggest getting in touch with your local MP again as Home Office by law have to respond to them.
That may be news to both the MPs and the Home Office.

There is no "law" requiring that the Home Office to respond to MPs. It is merely that MPs can ask questions in the House of Commons and in general cause public embarassment to the government/governing party. The Home Office can give a vague or broad answer to the MP as well.

It is how far the MP wishes to push the question and annoy the government politically that matters, not a legal requirement.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.