ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2-G dependent visa to GTV Main applicant

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

simarimu
Newly Registered
India

Tier2-G dependent visa to GTV Main applicant

Post by simarimu » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Hi all,
My new employer asked me to move from Tier2 dependant to PBS visa as a main applicant. Here is my history UK visa in the past.

Tier2 ICT Main applicant - from Aug 2018 to Sep-2020
Tier G - Dependant - from Sep-2020 to till now

I've the following question:

My spouse continues as Tier2 G main applicant, then will be eligible for ILR by Jan'2025. If I change my visa to PBS main applicant now, will I be eligible for ILR by end of Sep 2025 or I need to complete 5 more years on PBS main applicant to be eligible for ILR..

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2-G dependent visa to GTV Main applicant

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:49 pm

You will need 5 years as the main PBS visa holder before you will qualify for ilr.

You cannot combine PBS dependent time with PBS main visa time for ilr based on 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:21 pm

I am curious why the employer want you to move to GTV. As Tier 2 dep, you are allowed to do most of jobs. You are only 3.5y away from ILR. Switching to GTV can only speed it up for half year if your endorsement qualifies 3y GTV ILR
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

simarimu
Newly Registered
India

Post by simarimu » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:35 pm

Thank you for the response CR and ywlgy. this employer had a situation earlier where the dependent visa holder had to leave the company due to spouse transfer or something. so they want to secure me by offering the visa. I'll talk to them and see what could be the best way forward. If I've to spend 5 more years as main applicant in PBS, it doesn't make any sense.