ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Student Visa expires on 1st June and resit result on 3rd June

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

laddisingh123
Newly Registered

Urgent - Student Visa expires on 1st June and resit result on 3rd June

Post by laddisingh123 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:49 am

Hi All

I'm looking for an advice here as I have contacted my university but they are unable to give me the right answer. My current visa expires on 1st June and my resit result will be published on 3rd June. I can't apply for PSW until I get my result so what will be my option. As per University's guidelines, I can't apply for an extension.

I am sure there will be so many people come across this situation. can you please share your experience?

I look forward to hearing from you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent - Student Visa expires on 1st June and resit result on 3rd June

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:26 am

If you have already done the re-sit and you are now just waiting for the results, there is no provision to extend your Student visa.

If you have not done your re-sit yet, you can be sponsored for an extension to the re-sit date + 4 months. This is so even if you already have enough time on your visa to do the re-sit. This is normal and has always been so. However, your university can decide not to do that if they wish. But if the consequences are that you and, as you say, whole tranches of students are excluded from the Graduate route, that seems to be heavy collateral damage both to students and to the university in terms of their reputation and for PR purposes. It is worth pointing this out to the university and asking them to reconsider. Maybe you can get together with other affected students and query it, perhaps with support from the Students Union.

If they won't sponsor an extension, you will need to look into other routes, for example Skilled worker visa. You can be apply under the "new entrant" provision up to 2 years after completing your course, or until your 26th birthday.

UKCISA has a good and readable guide to the Skilled worker visa and other alternatives to the Graduate route.
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... er-studies
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.