ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I applied for naturalisation but they sent me a new BRP?!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

MoeAbbas
Newly Registered
Lebanon

I applied for naturalisation but they sent me a new BRP?!

Post by MoeAbbas » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:12 pm

Good morning everyone,

on the 11th of March i submitted my naturalisation application (based on a tier 2 leading to ILR). I uploaded my required documents and tried to book an appointment with Sopra Steria but the website told me to wait till they decide if they can use my previous biometrics. on the 15th of march they emailed me and said I can use their app to upload my picture. yesterday the 16th I did and submitted all my uploaded documents for the naturalisation.

today this morning (the 17th) I received a call from TNT, they delivered a new BRP for my ILR dated the 14th-3-2022. My current BRP was fine and wasn't going to expire until 31-12-2024.

ANY idea what this means? did they simply make a mistake and reissued me a BRP? did they mistake my naturalisation application?

which BRP is now the valid one? any idea who should i contact about this?

MoeAbbas
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Re: I applied for naturalisation but they sent me a new BRP?!

Post by MoeAbbas » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:06 pm

update: I just received an email from UKRI telling me they are sending a BRP, they also listed a UKVI ref number. this is different from my naturalisation number. I searched my emails based on this ref number and i found it belongs to an application I made in June 2021 to replace my lost ILR BRP. But they already sent me one before. So now I am stuck with two ILR BRPs. I already made my naturalisation application with the old BRP. I will email Nationality Enquiries <NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk> to see what they say. does anyone suggest anything?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:32 pm

MoeAbbas wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:06 pm
I already made my naturalisation application with the old BRP.
I don't think this matters too much as long as it's clear you have IRL. At the time of application you did not have your new BRP, so how else could you have applied?
I will email Nationality Enquiries <NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk> to see what they say. does anyone suggest anything?
You probably already realised this, but that email is a dead end. It's just an automatic system that sends a static FAQ word document. If you want a human to respond, email FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

MoeAbbas
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by MoeAbbas » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:38 pm

thank you i think i will email them in details and explain what I think happened there and try to attach a scan of both BRPs and they can decided what I should do with that. As long as my naturalisation application is not affected I don't mind the hassle of carrying two BRPs

I will update everyone