ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender Indian Passport-Urgent Query- Appointment tomorrow 26th March 2022

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Surrender Indian Passport-Urgent Query- Appointment tomorrow 26th March 2022

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:41 pm

Hello friends,

Just a very quick question. I have made an application to surrender my Indian passport and my appointment is tomorrow morning.

My question is - will they keep any original documents with them? Indian passport and the naturalisation certificate? Will they send it in the post later with the Surrender certificate?

Or will they cancel and return my passport on the day of appointment?

Thank you in advance :)

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Re: Surrender Indian Passport-Urgent Query- Appointment tomorrow 26th March 2022

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi

In my case, they took the Original Indian passport and Naturalisation Certificate which were returned after cancelling the Indian Passport along with the Surrender certificate in 4-5 days.

They did scan my British Passport while accepting the application; so please carry your British Passport too.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Re: Surrender Indian Passport-Urgent Query- Appointment tomorrow 26th March 2022

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:02 pm

rainbowbutterfly - Thanks for the quick reply buddy :)