ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CEC: Working for small non-Canadian employer

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brownnath2000
Newly Registered

CEC: Working for small non-Canadian employer

Post by brownnath2000 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:11 pm

Hi there,

Hoping to get some clarification on this. I'll be working for a foreign employer while on a Working Holiday visa in Canada.

According to this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... .html#toc3

I would consider myself an employee rather than a contractor/self-employed individual.

However, it seems that "Canadian employers" have to file paperwork to the CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency). I talked to my employer about this, and they said they would not be willing to do any such paperwork due to any tax implications. I'm also unsure about whether Canadian employers includes foreign employers when that employer hires Canadian residents.

Is it possible for employees to their taxes and do withholding on behalf of the employer in this case?