ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student status revoked, need help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sudoer1024
Newly Registered
China

Student status revoked, need help

Post by sudoer1024 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:18 am

Hi all,

I held a T4 student visa since Dec. 2018. A few days ago I got an email from the status reviewing unit saying there was a problem with my visa and they have to cancel it with immediate effect. They state this decision was on the grounds of non-conductive to the public good and cannot be appealed. There is literally only one sentence and no other reasons stated. The university followed up the next day by stopping me from accessing all university resources and asking me to withdraw from my study. I have been working from overseas since COVID19 and really don't understand what is happening. I am now asking the university to reconsider or at the very least allow me to finish my current programme but haven't received any reply yet. My question is 1) why is this sudden change? I haven't done anything bad and since I am overseas I don't think I violated any laws in the UK; 2) is it possible for me to get a T4 visa again? how does this cancellation affect my future visa applications?; 3) does this mean I have wasted years of my time and not getting my degree at all?

Hope someone could explain to me what's the best way to deal with this problem, I am really frustrated and confused right now, thanks!

vinny

Re: Student status revoked, need help

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:46 am

Very strange. They must have thought that you did something seriously wrong. Their one sentence cancellation of leave/permission is unhelpful. I think it’s unlikely that you will be able to get another visa in any category anytime soon.

What were you studying? Try asking the university, if they have more information of your cancellation circumstances.

Complain about the poor communication and ask for more details?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student status revoked, need help

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:09 am

For sure you need to speak to the university that sponsored your visa. I advise starting with the international student adviser.

If the visa cancellation is due to your sponsor withdrawing sponsorship or reporting something to the UKVI, they owe you an explanation. Sponsorship is rarely withdrawn with no warning, and never for no reason.

Even if the reason for cancellation was out of the university's hands and purely a UKVI decision, they certainly appear to know about it, so they should be able to give you some information.

Sometimes scammers threaten Chinese students with visa cancellation unless they pay money. This doesn't appear to be such a scam, given the university's separate actions, but you need to check what has happened. Only knowing the basic details you have given, it does appear to be a genuine cancellation.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.