ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family reunion application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

indostep01
Newly Registered
Congo Democratic Republic

Family reunion application

Post by indostep01 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 pm

I am new to this forum. Apologies if I have got the rules wrong in regards to posting.
I am a Refugee with ILR in the UK. I applied for my partner to join me and our daughter in November 2019. We are not married and applied as an unmarried couple. HO refused our application in August 2020 after 9months. Appealed against the decision in September 2020. Hearing date was set for September 2021. The day before the hearing, HO withdrew their decision in favour of granting the visa. Received the email for my partner to re-submit his passport. He submitted it on 20 December 2021. Since then, we have tried all we can to get the passport back to no avail. Contacted MP and done Pre Action Protocol and HO responded and asked us to give them another 14 days until 23 March. That date has passed and still the visa has not been issued. My partner is in a 3rd country. I need advice on what other action I can take because JR is expensive and can take time as well. Thank you in advance for your help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Family reunion application

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:39 pm

Lodge complaints

indostep01
Newly Registered

Post by indostep01 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:19 am

Thank you so much. I will do that. Yesterday I contacted the new family reunion team in London. They promised to call me back so I will give them a few days then lodge a complaint if I do not hear from them.

indostep01
Newly Registered

Post by indostep01 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:03 am

For the benefit of those reading this post, the Visa was eventually issued on 3 May and passport collected on 13 May. The VAC took their time sending an email to collect the passport until HO had to follow it up.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 17, 2022 10:09 pm

indostep01 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:03 am
For the benefit of those reading this post, the Visa was eventually issued on 3 May and passport collected on 13 May. The VAC took their time sending an email to collect the passport until HO had to follow it up.
Congratulations.

indostep01
Newly Registered

Post by indostep01 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:47 am

Thank you