ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Provisional Driver’s Licence in Married Name - EU Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BlackDahlia
Germany

Provisional Driver’s Licence in Married Name - EU Settled Status

Post by BlackDahlia » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Hi there,

I am currently applying for my provisional driver’s licence which I want issued in my married name. My understanding is that to verify my identity, I can share a digital code of my EU settled status. My name on my passport has my maiden name (I also belong to one of those countries that don’t allow name changes on passports), but I did change my name on my marriage certificate and have been using my marriage name for all purposes for years.

I will therefore be additionally submitting my marriage certificate. Do I need to submit another form of physical identity document to confirm my previous name? I am quite confused by this sentence on the gov.uk website:

“You must also provide the identity document or driving licence that shows your previous name or gender identity.”

I am a family member of an EU citizen so have a BRC, which I could submit in addition, but I thought providing the code and marriage certificate should be sufficient. Does anyone know? Thanks!

kamoe

Re: Provisional Driver’s Licence in Married Name - EU Settled Status

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:52 pm

BlackDahlia wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:19 pm
My understanding is that to verify my identity, I can share a digital code of my EU settled status.
This is incorrect. The share code site can be used for three things:

1. Prove your immigration status
2. Prove your right to work
3. Prove your right to rent

But it is not meant to stand in for proof of your identity. Only your passport can do that. You need to send your passport.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

BlackDahlia
Germany

Re: Provisional Driver’s Licence in Married Name - EU Settled Status

Post by BlackDahlia » Tue May 31, 2022 4:18 pm

In case this helps anyone else, I did send my share code and as confirmed by DVLA it was all they needed to confirm my identity. That’s why when you generate the code, there is the option for asking for a code ‘for something else’. It all worked out fine with just sharing the code!