ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

First time passport application

Post by Eddie guo » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:30 pm

Hi there
Wish all of you well
There is a issue what i have that i was applied the irish passport through online service on 9th march
Then i submit the support documents on 10th march through the post office, the record show that they delivered the post on 11th march which means they got the documents, but when i track the passport application id on web the status still in
Alert
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application

So i try to call in and do the webchat, both of them aren't available, so does anyone have the same situation,? Or any experience can be share?thanks

G Dog
Ireland

Re: First time passport application

Post by G Dog » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:20 am

It takes a few days for your documents to be updated in the tracker. The status will change soon.

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:15 pm

G Dog wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:20 am
It takes a few days for your documents to be updated in the tracker. The status will change soon.
Thanks for reply, it s been almost 2 weeks, i was kinda wrong 😂😂, cuz i sent all the original document including my original passport ,do u know how long it will take for processing, it said it will take 35 working days for the first time, but i saw it could be fast now, wasn't it?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:24 pm

Eddie guo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:15 pm
G Dog wrote:
Thanks for reply, it s been almost 2 weeks, i was kinda wrong 😂😂, cuz i sent all the original document including my original passport ,do u know how long it will take for processing, it said it will take 35 working days for the first time, but i saw it could be fast now, wasn't it?
People mention a few months, as they can ask you for more documents and it'll start again, but if not, should be in 35 days. See post2059949.html#p2059949 as a recent timeline example but they didn't get their documents back yet.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:48 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:24 pm
Eddie guo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:15 pm
G Dog wrote:
People mention a few months, as they can ask you for more documents and it'll start again, but if not, should be in 35 days. See post2059949.html#p2059949 as a recent timeline example but they didn't get their documents back yet.
I'm one of them. Sent in documents 23/09. Original estimated date 14/12. Asked to send in more ID, and went to back of queue again, and new estimated date March 8. Still waiting, and it's now been 7 months.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:22 pm

I applied the same day as you. I'm stuck on "verifying documents" for 3 weeks, 4 days but more likely that is 18 working days if they don't work Sat-Sun...16 working days if factoring in the two day bank holiday in March. I called department of foreign affairs who said 1. Webchat is disabled for now on 2. The passport phone line will tell you to call back later if the queue is full. I called at the exact moment they open to beat the queue, but the voice automated said all operators are busy, call back later. :roll:

Your passport application is stuck at needing more documents, mine is stuck on verifying. Maybe the tracker is not working?

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:21 pm

Do you send the original passport and original birth cert? Is it ok just to send certified copies? Whats else need to send? Thanks.

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:25 pm

I applied on 10th March. The documents are still being verified. I have sent my original birth certificate and copy of first and last page of passport signed by solicitor since I had to travel in last 2 weeks of March.
So far they haven't requested my original passport. Estimated date is 4th May.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:39 am

NF13 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:21 pm
Do you send the original passport and original birth cert? Is it ok just to send certified copies? Whats else need to send? Thanks.
My application requested I submit original birth certificate and original passport. Here is what the website states though:
  • Identity verification form.
    Original Naturalisation Certificate
    Full original civil birth certificate (version that includes the name(s) of the parent(s)).
    Original Civil marriage or Civil Partnership certificate (if applying for a passport in your married name).
    Proof of address such as Government correspondence such as a letter from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners. If you do not have these, original utility bills, or bank statements can be considered.
    Proof of name such as Government correspondence such as a letter from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners. If you do not have these, original utility bills, or bank statements can be considered.
    You must submit one document as proof of name and one document as proof of address. It cannot be the same document.
    Photographic identification
    The Public Services Card is the most efficient way for you to verify your identify. This ensures that your application can be processed quickly. We only need a photocopy of your PSC card.
    If you do not have a Public Services Card, you must submit an original government issued photographic identification. This could be an original passport from another country or a certified copy of your driver’s licence (certified by a solicitor or notary public).

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Thats great. Thank you.

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:41 pm

Hi Folks,

Does anybody know if passport application moves :

FROM
Processing application : We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

TO
Processing application : Your application is being processed

means the passport department staff is happy with all documents provided, passed verification and no more documents required ?

Planning to book my holidays in May. but still not sure if I go ahead and book or wait for status to move to
'Printing'

Thannks.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:21 pm

_pikachu wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:39 am
NF13 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:21 pm
My application requested I submit original birth certificate and original passport. Here is what the website states though:
  • Identity verification form.
    Original Naturalisation Certificate
    Full original civil birth certificate (version that includes the name(s) of the parent(s)).
    Original Civil marriage or Civil Partnership certificate (if applying for a passport in your married name).
    Proof of address such as Government correspondence such as a letter from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners. If you do not have these, original utility bills, or bank statements can be considered.
    Proof of name such as Government correspondence such as a letter from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners. If you do not have these, original utility bills, or bank statements can be considered.
    You must submit one document as proof of name and one document as proof of address. It cannot be the same document.
    Photographic identification
    The Public Services Card is the most efficient way for you to verify your identify. This ensures that your application can be processed quickly. We only need a photocopy of your PSC card.
    If you do not have a Public Services Card, you must submit an original government issued photographic identification. This could be an original passport from another country or a certified copy of your driver’s licence (certified by a solicitor or notary public).
I printed my bank statement online and got the branch to certify today -THis should be ok right?

hellenlun1
Newly Registered
Zambia

Post by hellenlun1 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:52 pm

Eddie guo wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:30 pm
Hi there
Wish all of you well
There is a issue what i have that i was applied the irish passport through online service on 9th march
Then i submit the support documents on 10th march through the post office, the record show that they delivered the post on 11th march which means they got the documents, but when i track the passport application id on web the status still in
Alert
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application

So i try to call in and do the webchat, both of them aren't available, so does anyone have the same situation,? Or any experience can be share?thanks

Hi there,
I am experiencing the same though for me I I applied online on the 17th is march and send supporting documents that were received on the 23rd of march but still saying I should submit supporting documents. I tried calling and web chat not working . Hope we get sorted soon .

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:30 pm

https://www.thejournal.ie/passport-dela ... 8-Apr2022/

The Department of Foreign Affairs said that the current turnaround times for passports at present are:

- 10 working days for Simple Adult online renewals.
- 15 working days for Complex or child online renewals.
- 35 working days for First Time Applications on Passport Online.
- 8 weeks for An Post’s mail-in “Passport Express” service.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:59 am

hellenlun1 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:52 pm
Eddie guo wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:30 pm
Hi there
Wish all of you well
Alert

Hi there,
I am experiencing the same though for me I I applied online on the 17th is march and send supporting documents that were received on the 23rd of march but still saying I should submit supporting documents. I tried calling and web chat not working . Hope we get sorted soon .
It takes a while for the tracker to change from "needing more documents" to "verifying documents".

Example: My tracker says...

11/04/2022 (been stuck on this for a week or so thus far)
Processing application
Your application is being processed

3 weeks 6 days ago
15/03/2022
Processing application
We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

1 month 2 days ago
10/03/2022
Alert

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:06 am

amolbawate wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:41 pm
Hi Folks,

Does anybody know if passport application moves :

FROM
Processing application : We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

TO
Processing application : Your application is being processed

means the passport department staff is happy with all documents provided, passed verification and no more documents required ?

Planning to book my holidays in May. but still not sure if I go ahead and book or wait for status to move to
'Printing'

Thannks.
The FAQ has a page about turnaround time. It reads as follows....

"Once we receive your documents, you can use our Passport Tracker to get updates on its current status. Most applications have 5 steps as outlined below.

Application received: We have received your Passport Online application. We cannot process it until you send us, by post, the required supporting documents.
Alert: We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.
Processing application: We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.
Processing application: Your application is being processed.
Printing: Your Passport book is being printed. Any documents submitted will be returned separately."

The "most" part leads me to believe it usually goes in this order, but sometimes it does not.

Passport website also says the expected issuing date is not guaranteed and not to book holidays in advance. Personally, I booked in advanced because tickets were 12 quid and I was eager to get tickets before further price increases. I'm gambling with this one, hoping for the best