ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Visa Extension early in UK or later in India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shridhar26
India

PBS Dependent Visa Extension early in UK or later in India

Post by Shridhar26 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:52 pm

Hi All,
I was on Tier 2 General Visa and now i have got british citizenship. I am applying for PBS Dependent visa extension for my spouse whose visa expires in Jan-2023.
But i am planning to extend PBS Dependent visa early, since we have travel plans to india from august for 2 to 3 months and also since visa extensions are getting delayed. I think she needs to have 6 months BRP validity to enter back to UK.

My question is, has anyone encountered delays while extending visa from india. or Is it safe to extend it while in UK. We don't want to spend much time in india waiting for visa decision since this might affect for Spouse ILR in future. I understand no one can give definite answer on this question, but i want to know others experience.

I tried to look into other blog threads and found few but they are old threads. Please point me if you find anything relevant.

Thank you for this website, as always it's been very helpful.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: PBS Dependent Visa Extension early in UK or later in India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:00 am

You dont need six months validity to enter UK.

AFAIK, applying out of country will count as a fresh application and will reset your ILR clock. Extension application has to be made in country

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:09 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:00 am
applying out of country will count as a fresh application and will reset your ILR clock.
I don't think that's the case. Continuous residence will not be broken by simply applying out of country.

To OP, entry back to UK will be allowed any day before the expiry.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:04 am

Thank you. If there is no rule to have 6 months visa validity before entering UK then i will try to extend it later.