ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asking for ECCTIS letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sg22
India

Asking for ECCTIS letter

Post by sg22 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:15 am

Dear Experts,

This is urgent as today is 9th working day from the date query was raised (4th Apr 22) and I could not see the mail in my account before today.

I have got the following query for Visa application in which they are asking for ECCTIS letter for my qualification. I applied in employer sponsored skilled worker visa category. Also, it is clearly mentioned in my COS that I neither require ATAS certificate nor I am claiming points for a PhD level qualification.

Following is their query-
"The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.
Please provide the following documents:
Evidence that you have met the English requirements as stated on Appendix English Language. This can be either a UKVI accredited English certificate from an approved testing centre, or an Ecctis letter to confirm the UK equivalent level of your qualification and that your overseas degree was taught or researched in English to level B1 of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language learning or above.

Please see below links for more information regarding this requirement.
1. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... h-language
2. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to worksponsoreddocumentrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk quoting your application reference in the subject line."

The 1st link does not show applicability to Skilled Worker Visa but it shows applicability to Appendix Skilled Worker Visa. I don't know what is this. The second link says it is applicable to Skilled Worker visa also.

The query was raised on 4th April but I saw the mail today only (14th April today, 9th working day). Please suggest what should I do?

Regards,
SG

ojaspre
Newly Registered
India

Re: Asking for ECCTIS letter

Post by ojaspre » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:25 am

In my view you need to immediately place your order at ECCTIS website for getting the Qualification assessment and English Proficiency report.
This require your degree Transcript to be uploaded to ECCTIS website , and payment of course.

Priority service is also available.

Hope this helps.

Regards

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:39 am

Thanks but is there some other way?

Also, for the PhD degree there is only the degree that is given in Delhi University. There are no separate marks given. Can I apply using the PhD Degree only?

How much time it generally takes for ECCTIS certificate?

ojaspre
Newly Registered
India

Post by ojaspre » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:05 am

I used ECCTIS service for my B.Tech Degree but I am sure they do for PHD degree also.

I think once the Transcript is uploaded they can revert with in 5 days ( please cross check on ECCTIS website) for priority service.

Regards

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:24 am

Thanks for your quick answer which helped in a way but I also need an expert's perspective on this query.

Is ECCTIS applicable to my Visa Type - Employer sponsored Skilled Worker in which I am not claiming any points for my qualification? I don't need ATAS as per my COS.

Regards,
SG

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:38 am

Atas is NOT the same as ECCTIS degree assessment. It also has nothing to do with claiming points for a qualification.

It is very clearly stated on the UKVI website that you are required to meet the English requirement for a Skilled Worker Visa, so not sure how you missed this crucial point. This is also not a new requirement, but has been in place for many years already.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... of-english
Knowledge of English
You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply, unless you did this in a previous successful visa application.

Level of English
You must prove you can read, write, speak and understand English to at least level B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale.

You can prove your knowledge of English by:

passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider
having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English, gained through study at a UK school that you began when you were under 18
having a degree-level academic qualification that was taught in English - if you studied abroad, you’ll need to apply through Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) for confirmation that your qualification is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:20 am

Thanks CR001. I don't know but I realize that I have missed it.

Since they asked on 4th April and gave 10 working days, what should I do now? Just now, I also received an email that my application has not been straightforward and they will be unable to decide my application within their customer service targets.

Should I ask to get the extension of 10 working days to get ECCTIS and then apply for ECCTIS? For ECCTIS, I need to ask the University for giving certificate that my medium of instruction was in English. Will they accept English language exam like IELTS instead of ECCTIS? Probably getting scores from English language exam will take more time, isn't it?

Are they really strict about the timeline that they gave? Will they accept my plea to extend the timeline?

Thanks and regards,
SG

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:38 pm

In addition to above, my employer is saying that they have never seen such queries asking for English certificate or ECCTIS certificate. My employer is a University and I'm not claiming points for PhD qualification for this employer sponsored SW visa. During the application process, it was nowhere mentioned to get these documents.

I'm still initiating the process to get ECCTIS certificate as suggested in replies. I'm also replying to their email with views of my employer and seeking confirmation if this certificate is still required.

Any expert inputs will be helpful.

Thanks,
SG

JasK
Newly Registered

Post by JasK » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:04 pm

To apply for Skilled worker Visa
you must showcase that your qualification was in english for which they involve Ecctis certificate
- Send your mark-sheet and degree to Uni and ask them to share MOI letter (Medium of Instruction in english)
- Once received, create your account in Ecctis website , upload your marksheet, certificate and MOI letter (stamped by uni). Raise this request on priority (pay extra on website)
- you will get the response in 24-48 hours from Ecctis that they have validated and confirm your qualification was in english
OR second option
book an exam for UKV B1 to the nearest date

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:26 pm

It's likely your application would be refused because you failed to submit the required evidence before deadline. There are some questions on your application form about English level, so you should have known.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:34 am

Thanks to everyone for timely replies.

I replied to Home office and explained my situation two weeks back. During last week, I collected all documents from all universities and used fast track service. Yesterday, I got the ECCTIS letter (and ENIC statement of comparability) and submitted both of these to the home office by replying to the same email.

1. Can someone suggest how much time Home office generally takes for further processing (assuming there is no other query raised in future)? I understand that one can only estimate.
2. Meanwhile, my wife and child (Both applied PBS dependent Visas) also got their biometric done in India last week. Is it possible that all of us may get our Visas together (assuming no queries in their visas)?
3. For my child Visa, do I need to get any letter from her school? If yes, please suggest what should be included in that letter.

Thanks and regards,
SG

PS: CR001, special thanks to you. I'm using this topic for follow up questions as per your suggestion. I'm learning to be a better community member.

Sai16
Newly Registered

Post by Sai16 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:05 pm

sg22 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:34 am
Thanks to everyone for timely replies.

I replied to Home office and explained my situation two weeks back. During last week, I collected all documents from all universities and used fast track service. Yesterday, I got the ECCTIS letter (and ENIC statement of comparability) and submitted both of these to the home office by replying to the same email.

1. Can someone suggest how much time Home office generally takes for further processing (assuming there is no other query raised in future)? I understand that one can only estimate.
2. Meanwhile, my wife and child (Both applied PBS dependent Visas) also got their biometric done in India last week. Is it possible that all of us may get our Visas together (assuming no queries in their visas)?
3. For my child Visa, do I need to get any letter from her school? If yes, please suggest what should be included in that letter.

Thanks and regards,
SG

PS: CR001, special thanks to you. I'm using this topic for follow up questions as per your suggestion. I'm learning to be a better community member.
Hi SG,
When did you get your decision after submitting all required documents please? I'm also waiting for decision to be made after submitting the requested documents.Could you please tell how long it took for your decision?

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Though the information was present in my submission to my timelines, I'm including it here also.

It took me 10 days to get the decision after I submitted ECCTIS letter. My BRP was valid from 3 days before I received it.

Hope it may be useful to some one in future.

Thanks,
SG

Chrome23
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Chrome23 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:38 am
Atas is NOT the same as ECCTIS degree assessment. It also has nothing to do with claiming points for a qualification.

It is very clearly stated on the UKVI website that you are required to meet the English requirement for a Skilled Worker Visa, so not sure how you missed this crucial point. This is also not a new requirement, but has been in place for many years already.

Knowledge of English
You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply, unless you did this in a previous successful visa application.

Level of English
You must prove you can read, write, speak and understand English to at least level B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale.

having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English, gained through study at a UK school that you began when you were under 18
having a degree-level academic qualification that was taught in English - if you studied abroad, you’ll need to apply through Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) for confirmation that your qualification is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
CR001, I'm deeply sorry about the posts on most threads that have to do with Ecctis. It's just that I'm in a tight corner and it's more of an emergency. The estimated completion time for my Ecctis is 12:45am of 11/8/22 while 10 working days given by UK Home Office will elapse today 10/8/22. I just wanted to know if there's going to be any consequence if I upload the Ecctis letter on 11/8/22 or if anybody has had such experience. Kindly advice me. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:10 pm

Chrome23 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:52 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:38 am

Knowledge of English

Level of English

CR001, I'm deeply sorry about the posts on most threads that have to do with Ecctis. It's just that I'm in a tight corner and it's more of an emergency. The estimated completion time for my Ecctis is 12:45am of 11/8/22 while 10 working days given by UK Home Office will elapse today 10/8/22. I just wanted to know if there's going to be any consequence if I upload the Ecctis letter on 11/8/22 or if anybody has had such experience. Kindly advice me. Thanks.
Start your own topic please and stop tagging your query onto other members threads. It is considered rude to hijack other members topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:41 pm

Chrome23 wrote:
Replying here since you said it's an emergency.

It would be better to reply to home office email and explain them your situation. Inform them that your ECCTIS will take more time and you will submit with a delay of 1 day. Home office is generally considerate and they probably understand such issues. Also, send them the ECCTIS documents as soon as you get in your next email.

In addition, ECCTIS may come to you before time (low probability and it depends on the service that you have taken - priority/high-priority) so that may also help.

Above is only based on my experience and home office may act as per their priorities and guidelines, which may not suit your situation. Hope that above will help you and give relief in a small way.

Regards,
SG

P.S.: Do not expect any reply for your emails to home office but remain hopeful that they consider your request.

Chrome23
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Chrome23 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:39 am

sg22 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:41 pm
Chrome23 wrote:

It would be better to reply to home office email and explain them your situation. Inform them that your ECCTIS will take more time and you will submit with a delay of 1 day. Home office is generally considerate and they probably understand such issues. Also, send them the ECCTIS documents as soon as you get in your next email.

In addition, ECCTIS may come to you before time (low probability and it depends on the service that you have taken - priority/high-priority) so that may also help.

Above is only based on my experience and home office may act as per their priorities and guidelines, which may not suit your situation. Hope that above will help you and give relief in a small way.

Regards,
SG

P.S.: Do not expect any reply for your emails to home office but remain hopeful that they consider your request.
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
Ecctis letter came some hours before the estimated date of completion which, fortunately, was within the 10 working days given by Home Office.

However, Home Office sent me a mail (Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre), some minutes before the arrival of Ecctis letter.

I've forwarded the Ecctis letter to them through the email provided. Hoping for the best.

Thanks again, I appreciate.

Chrome23
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Chrome23 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:40 am

sg22 wrote:
Chrome23 wrote:

Regards,
SG

Ecctis letter came some hours before the estimated date of completion which, fortunately, was within the 10 working days given by Home Office.

However, Home Office sent me a mail (Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

I've forwarded the Ecctis letter to them through the email provided. Hoping for the best.

Chrome23
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Chrome23 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:41 am

sg22 wrote:
Chrome23 wrote:

Regards,
SG

Kind Regards,

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:03 am

Hi Chrome23,

You are welcome if something I suggested helped you.

If you responded with ECCTIS letter, they will consider it. Keep your fingers crossed. This waiting time is difficult to pass but keep patience. Home office will respond as soon as they can, hopefully within 2 weeks. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. Do revert with your result, if you can.

Best wishes,
SG