ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused work visa in Singapore, will this hinder my app?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xw9xw9
Newly Registered
France

Refused work visa in Singapore, will this hinder my app?

Post by xw9xw9 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:05 am

Hi,

I was accepted to intern for a UK company this summer. I was told they would sponsor me a Tier 5 visa (EU citizen). I'm a bit stressed as I was refused a Singaporean Work visa three years ago (Singaporean Training Employment Pass). I applied for this visa online in order to complete an internship at a startup in Singapore. At the time, I was expecting a refusal as I didn't meet one of the criteria but decided to apply anyway. A few weeks later, my visa application was refused - "This candidate does not meet the qualifying criteria i.e. possesses recognised qualification and/or meet the salary criterion.".

Anyway, I forgot a bit about this visa refusal but I'm now seeing online that a visa refusal is quite a big deal and that this could hinder my future visa applications in other countries (including the Tier 5 visa). Do you think this is such a case?

Thank you for your time