ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B2 visa prospects?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mohammed5547
Newly Registered

B2 visa prospects?

Post by Mohammed5547 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:18 am

Hi guys thanks for taking the time to read 
I am in need of some urgent advice 
Some background about me I am a 26 year old British born citizen 

I wanted to travel to USA some years back but I am ineligible for an esta due to previous arrests (I have no convictions) 

I have been refused a b2 visa 3 times under section 214b, understandably I did not show strong enough ties to the UK. 
​​​​

The first 2 times I applied, was for general tourism, the third time I'd ended up meeting an American girl who I wanted to go visit. All 3 times were refused. I believe my last attempt was in 2018/2019.

Ever since then, there has been a change of circumstances 

1) Me and the American lady are now married, she came to visit me in UK a number of times, and we ended up getting married in Pakistan which is both of our native countries. 
She will be moving to the UK, I am just preparing documents for the visa application. She spent about 1 year in the UK before going back to America in order for me to begin her visa 

2) I now have a very strong tie to the UK, which is a business I started in 2020, which is now turning over around £300,000 per year which I have documentation for. 

3) my wife is now pregnant with our child and is due in the next couple months. I really want to be present during the birth for many obvious reasons, but I also understand this would generate a strong tie to the USA. 

Is it likely under these new circumstances I may be accepted for the B2 visa? All my family is in the UK, I have a large expanding business over here which I wouldn't just give up, and finally if I intended on immigrating to the USA, I believe I could more than likely get a greencard, which I am not interested in doing so. 

​​​​​​Also worth mentioning, all 3 occasions when I went for a interview at the embassy, my arrests never presented any issues and I was told they don't make me inillegible, due to no charges and no convictions, the main issues were not showing strong enough ties to the UK 

Arslaan
Mood:

Re: B2 visa prospects?

Post by Arslaan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:23 pm

You mentioned you are British born citizen, then how can they refuse on the basis of not having strong ties in UK. What that suppose to mean?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: B2 visa prospects?

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:11 am

Arslaan wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:23 pm
You mentioned you are British born citizen, then how can they refuse on the basis of not having strong ties in UK. What that suppose to mean?
Strong ties mean that you don't show enough evidence to prove that you'd want to come back here.
Simply put, nothing you can't leave behind.

If the OP has a good business running here now, mortgage, clean record (no drink drive or otherwise), it would be nice to give it another go.
Show that you're processing your spouse to move here to the UK to be with you and you only want to be there (US) for the birth of your child.
That's strong ties to the UK.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!