ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a pakistani married with a latvian girl

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ghazanfar
Newly Registered

a pakistani married with a latvian girl

Post by ghazanfar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:34 pm

hi, my wife is latvian and i m living in latvia with a temporary residence permit. we want to move uk. pls help us . how we can move to uk? and how we can get uk passport?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: a pakistani married with a latvian girl

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:44 pm

ghazanfar wrote:hi, my wife is latvian and i m living in latvia with a temporary residence permit. we want to move uk. pls help us . how we can move to uk? and how we can get uk passport?
Does she have a Latvian Alien's Passport or a proper one??
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:49 pm

ghazanfar wrote:hi, my wife is latvian and i m living in latvia with a temporary residence permit. we want to move uk. pls help us . how we can move to uk?
Apply to the British consulate in Latvia for an EEA Family Permit. Go to the UK. Within three months either you or your wife must find a job or open a business. Or, she must start schooling. Or, you must have enough funds between you to live without working. Then you apply for a Residence Card using form EEA2. It is valid for 5 years. After 5 years, you will both have acquired PR.
ghazanfar wrote:and how we can get uk passport?
Once you are British citizens. Naturalisation applications can only made once you are permanent residents (i.e., after 5 years).
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:57 pm

To be honest I feel this has got marriage of convenience all over it....

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm

Wanderer wrote:To be honest I feel this has got marriage of convenience all over it....
I know, but let's hope not. Benefit of the doubt and all that. ;)

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:28 pm

This is DEFINITELY a marriage of convenience. Some fraud villager has come over to meet some ugly unwanted girl to achieve nothing but british passport. Shame !!
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:20 pm

It is people like this that ruin chances for real couples shame on you!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Let's not jump the gun. The OP is yet to respond.

ghazanfar
Newly Registered

Post by ghazanfar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Wanderer wrote:
ghazanfar wrote:hi, my wife is latvian and i m living in latvia with a temporary residence permit. we want to move uk. pls help us . how we can move to uk? and how we can get uk passport?
Does she have a Latvian Alien's Passport or a proper one??
thanks 4 reply. yes she has a proper latvian passport.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:55 pm

I'll stick by what I said I think, ECO hat on;

1. A Pakistani living in Latvia - Asians are few and far between in this former Soviet Republic not really known for it's facial tolerance. How did that happen?

2. Only been there a short while, how about settling a while?

3. Already wants to relocate to UK, why the rush?

4. Already wants a UK passport. Ah, the answer....

Sorry, mate this whole think smells fishy, ECO will stamp DENIED all over it unless u can give us credibilty to this relationship.

Pogovorim po-russkiy?

ghazanfar
Newly Registered

Post by ghazanfar » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:24 am

Wanderer wrote:I'll stick by what I said I think, ECO hat on;

1. A Pakistani living in Latvia - Asians are few and far between in this former Soviet Republic not really known for it's facial tolerance. How did that happen?

2. Only been there a short while, how about settling a while?

3. Already wants to relocate to UK, why the rush?

4. Already wants a UK passport. Ah, the answer....

Sorry, mate this whole think smells fishy, ECO will stamp DENIED all over it unless u can give us credibilty to this relationship.

Pogovorim po-russkiy?
thanks .i have finished my MBA from germany in 2006.. my wife just finished her bachelor. we both r very good in german and english languages. we been in germany for last 5 years. many german multinationals companies are working in uk. latvia is a nice place to live but nothing to do here. that,s why we want to move uk. pls don,t think wrong about us

berkshire1987

Post by berkshire1987 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:48 am

how we can get uk passport?
Well she doesn't really need one but you clearly do as you are already asking about it......well my friend it isn't going to be as quick and easy as I'm sure you thought! :evil:

I'm with previous posters on this one!!

berkshire1987

Post by berkshire1987 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:53 am

Pogovorim po-russkiy?
:D :P

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:44 pm

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:28 pm

how we can get uk passport?
Thats long way to go mate.
many Pakistanis, indians and africans doing the same sh** all over again !! I don't like writing long posts but guys like you make me sick !! and I face so much embarassment because of dumb asses like yourself ! You ruin an innocent girl's life, you ruin reputation of your country and people and you make things difficult for genuine cases all because you want to have a british pasport !!! I wish I could use the language that I want to use now and I wish I was the admin of this site, I would have never let any ******* like you write a word on this forum !!
Ooohh... inwarsaw, Hold your horses mate. Don't get too emotional. :shock:

petkanov

Wow

Post by petkanov » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:15 pm

How did you guys decide that this guy is using the girl? He might be geniunly in a relationship with her, and maybe they just want to move to the UK. When I moved to the UK with my lithuanian wife, doesn't mean I used her. I am eu citizen now, and we are still happily married.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:48 pm

I think it would be better if we keep to the questions on hand.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:15 pm

While there might be stories like this in the papers, I don't think we can pass judgments based on a few lines on an internet forum. A lot of us have suffered because authorities make decisions on shallow generalisations.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:16 pm

I am advising you this from my own experienve, I am from Pakistan myself, married to a Polish girl and living here in Poland and I am sick to death of stories like yours because I see so many !! so many Pakistanis, indians and africans doing the same sh** all over again !! I don't like writing long posts but guys like you make me sick !! and I face so much embarassment because of dumb asses like yourself ! You ruin an innocent girl's life, you ruin reputation of your country and people and you make things difficult for genuine cases all because you want to have a british pasport !!! I wish I could use the language that I want to use now and I wish I was the admin of this site, I would have never let any ******* like you write a word on this forum !!
Cor blimey this topic is getting very interesting particularly with comments such as above.

I can not belive what rubbish the above has written.He has cheek to make comments about certain communities from which he originates. Maybe he can explain how he came to marry a Polish girl when he is from pakistan himself.

Yes they are people who abuse the system, but then there are genuine cases. Let us not judge without getting full facts

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:11 pm

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:09 pm

Wow, you certainly have been thought a lot!Best of luck for the future, and God Bless!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:18 pm

inwarsaw wrote:I wish those comments were rubbish, I would love to see them proved rubbish but they are in fact not. As I mentioned, I am living here in Poland with my Polish wife and its been more than a year now.

As for the explanation you asked for ( even though your question is what actually rubbish is called ), I met my wife 6 years ago when I was in Pakistan and Poland was not a member of the EU and I had no idea whatsoever in my mind of moving to europe some day. Instead we have been actually planning to move to somewhere in Mideast after finishing studies. However, my father had different plans for me and being from a strict conservative and traditionalist family, I had no choice but to listen ( your nick says Khan, if you are really a Khan, you should know what I am talking about ) he had dreams of his son getting educated in Englastan, the country of 'Farangi' ( thats what the British were called when they were our rulers ) and I ended up in UK.
After we both finished studies, we were planning to go to Pakistan so she would see my family ( I had already seen her's as I was here a couple of times ) but even though my mum was excited as she already knew about my girl, my father went mad when my mom told him
about the 'white, christian girl from the West' .

We spent the next couple of months figuring out what to do and within this time, my father back home managed to fix my marriage with a girl I had never seen never heard. So the first thing that came to my mind
was to get married with my girl-friend right away so there would be no threat of being forced by my family and so we got married. None of us
was feeling good about it because we had different plans for our Big Day. The next question was where to stay ? As my girl's family
had no such objection on our relationship, Poland seemed the best choice. We wanted to stay in UK originally but although I could get
a job easily, my wife couldn't find the work she wanted and I didn't want her to end up packing in a factory or filling shelves in a supermarket after studying hard for six years to get her degree. When I came to Poland, I was on a visit visa which is not changeable to any work permit
( even though finding a job in here if you don't speak polish is itself second to impossible ) while being in Poland. I could either
go back to Pakistan and apply for work visa from there, get visa to another country and then apply from there or just stay in poland
and apply for work visa based on my wedding and the last option seemed the easiest ( what would you do in such a case ? ) and so
here I am, a Pakistani married to a Polish girl living in Poland !

My father hasn't spoken to me for the last two years since he came to
know about my wife and he has vowed never to see my face again, I had to meet my mother outside when I went to visit her because
I couldn't go home as my father had threatened me never to step in his house and so many other things. No normal person would do
this just to get a stay in europe would he ?

Having said that, its not a crime for a Pakistani to get married with a Polish is it ? The question is not about nationality, race, religion or
ethnicity, the question is about what do you have on your mind.
I have been living in Poland for the last one and a half year and I am still waiting to see a genuine relationship of this sort but I hear every now
and then about some Pakistani, Indian or African using an eastern european girl for immigration purposes and I am not talking about reading in the newspaper, I am talking about what I see around me in real life.

I am not into generalisation, in fact thats the last thing I would do looking at what I have been through simply because of generalisation
but this post is clearly a marriage of convenience. I would love to ask the same questions as Wanderer asked for example !

As for the community thing, I care about my community, my people and the country I come from and this is why I oppose in whatever way possible ( and I wish I could actually stop ) these black sheeps. There are more than 170 million Pakistanis living back home but just because of a few such morons, all of the 170 million become suspects and this is what I can't tolerate !!
Wow! Amazing :shock:

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:25 pm

inwarsaw wrote:I wish those comments were rubbish, I would love to see them proved rubbish but they are in fact not. As I mentioned, I am living here in Poland with my Polish wife and its been more than a year now.

As for the explanation you asked for ( even though your question is what actually rubbish is called ), I met my wife 6 years ago when I was in Pakistan and Poland was not a member of the EU and I had no idea whatsoever in my mind of moving to europe some day. Instead we have been actually planning to move to somewhere in Mideast after finishing studies. However, my father had different plans for me and being from a strict conservative and traditionalist family, I had no choice but to listen ( your nick says Khan, if you are really a Khan, you should know what I am talking about ) he had dreams of his son getting educated in Englastan, the country of 'Farangi' ( thats what the British were called when they were our rulers ) and I ended up in UK.
After we both finished studies, we were planning to go to Pakistan so she would see my family ( I had already seen her's as I was here a couple of times ) but even though my mum was excited as she already knew about my girl, my father went mad when my mom told him
about the 'white, christian girl from the West' .

We spent the next couple of months figuring out what to do and within this time, my father back home managed to fix my marriage with a girl I had never seen never heard. So the first thing that came to my mind
was to get married with my girl-friend right away so there would be no threat of being forced by my family and so we got married. None of us
was feeling good about it because we had different plans for our Big Day. The next question was where to stay ? As my girl's family
had no such objection on our relationship, Poland seemed the best choice. We wanted to stay in UK originally but although I could get
a job easily, my wife couldn't find the work she wanted and I didn't want her to end up packing in a factory or filling shelves in a supermarket after studying hard for six years to get her degree. When I came to Poland, I was on a visit visa which is not changeable to any work permit
( even though finding a job in here if you don't speak polish is itself second to impossible ) while being in Poland. I could either
go back to Pakistan and apply for work visa from there, get visa to another country and then apply from there or just stay in poland
and apply for work visa based on my wedding and the last option seemed the easiest ( what would you do in such a case ? ) and so
here I am, a Pakistani married to a Polish girl living in Poland !

My father hasn't spoken to me for the last two years since he came to
know about my wife and he has vowed never to see my face again, I had to meet my mother outside when I went to visit her because
I couldn't go home as my father had threatened me never to step in his house and so many other things. No normal person would do
this just to get a stay in europe would he ?

Having said that, its not a crime for a Pakistani to get married with a Polish is it ? The question is not about nationality, race, religion or
ethnicity, the question is about what do you have on your mind.
I have been living in Poland for the last one and a half year and I am still waiting to see a genuine relationship of this sort but I hear every now
and then about some Pakistani, Indian or African using an eastern european girl for immigration purposes and I am not talking about reading in the newspaper, I am talking about what I see around me in real life.

I am not into generalisation, in fact thats the last thing I would do looking at what I have been through simply because of generalisation
but this post is clearly a marriage of convenience. I would love to ask the same questions as Wanderer asked for example !

As for the community thing, I care about my community, my people and the country I come from and this is why I oppose in whatever way possible ( and I wish I could actually stop ) these black sheeps. There are more than 170 million Pakistanis living back home but just because of a few such morons, all of the 170 million become suspects and this is what I can't tolerate !!
Thanks for sharing your story, inwarsaw. Very touching and a very interesting read indeed. Hope all works out well for you. :)

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Im warsaw you r nothing but a blemish on us pakistani..this is the first time im posting my comments here and im disgusted by your comments. you are prejudgemental and very arrogant. so, get a life and leave other alone ...what the hell you are doing in poland anyway..u asking him how the hell he ended up in latvia i put the same question how the hell you ended up in poland....dont ignore that polish girls are far from the point of staying in love with some ugly pakistani like you....u paid her too so u think that we all are same sham on you mate!! now prove all of us wrong

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:00 pm

knapps - I think you should re-read inwarsaw's post, then perhaps edit yours?