ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I have two Schengen Visa covering same period - one Tourist and one Business

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Justo

Can I have two Schengen Visa covering same period - one Tourist and one Business

Post by Justo » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:12 pm

Hi, I am holding a Schengen tourist visa till end of 2023. In the next few months I will need to go to Italy for a short business meeting trip. Will I require separate business visa? Is that allowed to have two schengen visa's covering same period but issued for different purpose - tourism and business? Thank you

ywlgy

Re: Can I have two Schengen Visa covering same period - one Tourist and one Business

Post by ywlgy » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:15 pm

Short term Schengen visa you already have can be used for both tourism and business purposes. You don't need a separate one.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Justo

Re: Can I have two Schengen Visa covering same period - one Tourist and one Business

Post by Justo » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:23 pm

Thanks ywgly, would you mind providing reference to legislation/rules confirming this? Thank you

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:37 pm

There isn't a thing called Schengen tourist visa or Schengen business visa. There is only Schengen visa which is a short stay visa. Tourism or business is purpose of visit, not visa type. Also, there isn't anything on the visa saying it is for tourist or business.

I don't have time to look for rules, but i can tell you i have done this.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Justo

Post by Justo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:58 pm

Thanks again