ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Settled Status and Employment

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aeun-flux
Mood:

EEA Settled Status and Employment

Post by aeun-flux » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:24 pm

Good evening all Immigration Gurus,

I have a small query, please see below:

I am a naturalized British Citizen and my wife is an EEA National with ILR (Settled status). We recently welcomed a new baby ( we already had another child who is not born in UK).

Question - now that Mum is on Maternity leave and will be looking to resign from her current role so that she can look after the baby full-time. Is there a requirement for her to be constantly employed as that used to be a clause back in the days when EEA Treaty rights were established ? I don't remember exactly, but it was something like she couldn't have a gap in her employment for 5 years.. or are we thinking too much ?

Thanks a million in advance and please feel free to criticize if I sound incoherent.. its due to baby brain :D

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EEA Settled Status and Employment

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:39 pm

Congrats for the new arrival!

Settled Status is a UK immigration status (no longer based on EU Treaty Rights regulations) - it is on residency basis, irrespective whether you work, what you work, or not.

And of course new baby is British - go straight for the passport!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

aeun-flux
Mood:

Re: EEA Settled Status and Employment

Post by aeun-flux » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:46 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:39 pm
Congrats for the new arrival!

Settled Status is a UK immigration status (no longer based on EU Treaty Rights regulations) - it is on residency basis, irrespective whether you work, what you work, or not.

And of course new baby is British - go straight for the passport!
Sincere apologies for my late reply. Wife, Teen, Baby and Work are very hard to juggle :roll:

Thank you so so much for your advice... :D :)