ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport - renew for change of address

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Blooper365
Newly Registered
India

Indian Passport - renew for change of address

Post by Blooper365 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:35 am

Hi- my wife has a BRP with an Indian passport. We have recently moved home and wanted a little guidance on a couple of things:

1. I understand we have to have a full reissue of the passport in the case of a change of address- is this correct?
2. We have looked at the appointment availability even for the Tatkal service for passport services on VFS/HCI website and everything is red, struck-out red or grey- there is absolutely nothing in green. We are travelling at the end of July so should have enough time but I am extremely concerned about how to secure an appointment. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thank you all for your help!

kbthebear
India

Re: Indian Passport - renew for change of address

Post by kbthebear » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:15 pm

theres also sometimes new menus soley for taktaal
I also did taktaal 2 weeks ago, still have not got my passport back. this is india - there is no such thing as fast track.

kbthebear
India

Post by kbthebear » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:18 pm

also - change of address would only apply for the perm address in india, not UK one

Blooper365
Newly Registered
India

Post by Blooper365 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:38 pm

Thanks for both posts esp. info re Tatkal- classic Indian approach of paying more for no additional service!

The point being made about only applying for a reissue when the permanent address in India changes is really helpful. However, what if the passport was issued in London and the address in the passport is a London address that has changed?

Frankly when I previously held an Indian passport, I never applied for a reissue even though my London address changed (every year) and no one was any wiser...

This thing is extremely confusing...

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:56 pm

It is rightly mentioned that the address that matters is the Indian (permanent) address. Even in India, you can have the address updated when it's due for renewal unless you apply for renewal to reflect the new address.

This is applicable even if the passport is issued abroad. The HCI prints foreign address in passport only when the applicant holds ILR in the UK and does not have any Indian address to furnish. So, in your case you really don't have to renew your passport if you moved address in the UK. It wont reflect anywhere in the passport.

Blooper365
Newly Registered
India

Post by Blooper365 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:58 pm

Thank you so much for your clear explanation. Really helpful!