ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension under covid impact

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nitesh181
Newly Registered
India

Tier1 Extension under covid impact

Post by nitesh181 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:56 pm

Dear All,
I will be applying Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa Extension under covid impact on business.

If you’ve not been able to employ staff for 12 months by the time your visa expires, you’ll be allowed
to extend your stay for a further 2 years, if you can show:
• You’ve created at least 2 jobs by the date you apply,
• You’ve been unable to employ staff for 12 months due to coronavirus

My visa will expire on 05 may 2022. I have only created two full time job from 15th April 2022( 20 days before application). I am into Event and catering business which was impacted Due to lockdown. Also I launched some packaged snacks just before Covid( feb 2020) But due to lockdown everything gone down. I again started with doing events and festivals.
It took 8-9 months to finalising the Lease and cafe fit-out works, Now I have open a cafe where I have created 2 full time job 1 FT Chef (30Hr) and 2 PT catering Assistant( 15hr each).

I am submitting following documents -

TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR
DOCUMENTS LIST

1. Current valid passport
2. Previous passports showing UK arrival date and travel dates
3. Current valid BRP
4. English language certificate or UK degree certificate
5. Personal bank statements (3 months prior to application date)
6. Companies House documents
7. Annual accounts filed since last grant of leave
8. Evidence of trading (e.g. business invoices, arrangements for trade stands, shipping oof product etc.)
9. Evidence of COVID effects (e.g. dates of lockdown, cancellations etc.)
10. Business tax records if available (e.g. tax returns, tax year overviews, HMRC correspondence etc.)
11. Letter from your accountant to explain effects of COVID on your business
12. Job creation:
a. Payroll records showing employee start dates, pay rates, weekly hours
b. HMRC documents showing registration for PAYE and NI
c. Employee ID showing British citizenship or settled status
d. Employee payslips from start date
e. HMRC Real Time submissions records if available (if not available please ask your accountant to explain this in their letter as well)

Additional Documents:- Registered trademark for Brand name, Insurance, university recommendation Letter( dated 2018) Erasmus Award ( dated 2018) . Import VAT invoices, cafe lease Document, Employee Appointment letter ETC

would it be Sufficient or Am i missing any documents?

marcnath

Re: Tier1 Extension under covid impact

Post by marcnath » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:43 am

It is difficult to say without knowing all details but one obvious missing document seems to be business bank statement.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nitesh181
Newly Registered
India

Post by nitesh181 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:59 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:43 am
It is difficult to say without knowing all details but one obvious missing document seems to be business bank statement.
Thank you so much. does 6 month business bank statement enough? I am also attaching management Accounts for current year till 27th April 2022 Signed by Accountant.

My business got affected due to Lockdown as I launched packaged snacks in the month of feb2020 and when It started picking up lockdown happened and lots of uncertainty I changed my plan and started with Events and festivals and open a cafe.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:00 pm

nitesh181 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:59 pm
marcnath wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:43 am
Thank you so much. does 6 month business bank statement enough? I am also attaching management Accounts for current year till 27th April 2022 Signed by Accountant.

My business got affected due to Lockdown as I launched packaged snacks in the month of feb2020 and when It started picking up lockdown happened and lots of uncertainty I changed my plan and started with Events and festivals and open a cafe.
The requirement is for just ONE statement to show that your business is an UK business. Please read the guidelines.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nitesh181
Newly Registered
India

Post by nitesh181 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:25 am

Many thanks, will attach Statement and bank letter that I am signatory of the business account with my business details on it.
Do you think will it be better or make any difference to attach the emails from estate agent that I confirmed the cafe property lease Last year and due to labour shortage in Uk in the month of November and December my handover of the cafe property got delayed and I got the handover in march 1st 2022