ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advised to use IDV app, now got an email saying Biometrics not submitted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DocMalik_12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Advised to use IDV app, now got an email saying Biometrics not submitted

Post by DocMalik_12 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:01 pm

Good evening all,

I had submitted MN1 form application to register my daughter as a British citizen in March, 2022. I got a couple of emails from UKVCAS saying that "UKVI have confirmed to UKVCAS that you (and, if applicable, other members of your group) can use the IDV app to progress your application. As a result, we are inviting you to use the UKVCAS IDV app now".

I submitted all the required documents using IDV app. And got a confirmation email from UKVCAS saying all the information has been sent to UKVI.

Yesterday, I got an email from Home Office saying that you have not booked and attended biometrics appointment. You need to do it soon or application maybe rejected.

The issue is that Home Office (HO) email does have a contact email address, the phone number from Gov.uk website to contact HO gives an automated reply for this situation saying that we cannot update about ongoing application as it has been less than six months since you made the application. I sent an email to NationalityBiometrics'at'homeoffice'dot'gov'dot'uk and they sent an automated response that we would get back to you in 14 days but if application has been made less than six months ago we might not get back to you at all.

Could anyone please advise what would be best thing to do at this stage? Shall I book the biometrics appointment now. My concern is that UKVCAS has already submitted all the information, if I book biometrics appointment now they would resubmit everything again that may cause further issues.

Thank you for your help in advance.

tier2ICT_ES
Newly Registered

Re: Advised to use IDV app, now got an email saying Biometrics not submitted

Post by tier2ICT_ES » Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 am

Hi,

I am in similar situation to yours. I have submitted docs via IDV app on 29th March for myself, wife and daughter. However got an email yesterday (5th May) addressed to my daughter saying biometric is not booked. Did you manage to find any contact point within UKVI to ask on the next steps. Please update on how you progressed this.

thanks

alpag
Newly Registered
India

Post by alpag » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:00 pm

Hello, is there any updated on this, how did you make progress with your application, did you have to book the appointment then ?

Sup_2023
Newly Registered

Post by Sup_2023 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:57 pm

Hi ,

I am in a similar situation. Also I am passed the due date before which I was supposed to book an appointment for my son.
UKVI confirmed they have received all the documents so I am unsure about the purpose of the appt.

Please advise what I should do

Sup_2023
Newly Registered

Post by Sup_2023 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:57 pm

Hi ,

I am in a similar situation. Also I am passed the due date before which I was supposed to book an appointment for my son.
UKVI confirmed they have received all the documents so I am unsure about the purpose of the appt.

Please advise what I should do

Newly Registered

Post by 71000 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:30 pm

I am also in a similar situation with MN1 application. Any updates?

DocMalik_12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by DocMalik_12 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:44 pm

I had submitted application in March 2022 and still have no updates about this. Initially, I contacted UKVCAS on Twitter to ask about the status of application and they confirmed all supporting documents and application had been submitted to UKVI so I don't need to do anything else.

Than I emailed UKVI at NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk and did not any response, I also called UKVI and their representative told me that they would forward my issue to the concerned department.

I eventually booked Biometrics appointment (even though UKVCAS told me there is no need for it) in a hope it may speed up the process. It has been more than two weeks since biometrics appointment and so far I have not heard back anything.

I know people who applied in April 2022 for child naturalisation got the positive response within 2-3 weeks after attending biometrics appointment. It is quite strange that UKVI is delaying applications for those who used IDV app for child biometrics, when it was recommended by UKVI themselves.

There is another thread with more responses from people that you can follow: british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... 28118.html

Good luck to all, and if anyone gets any update please let everyone know.

leo04j
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

Post by leo04j » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:27 pm

Hi please post update. We are in similar situation.

We submitted all required information via the app and 8 weeks later received an email that we hadn't attended the meeting to submit biometrics.

I called home office but they are not really useful, contacted UKVCAS via Twitter and they confirmed we'd submitted all information via app.

Please post the updates if someone were in similar situation. It's so frustrating.

Ece
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ece » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:00 pm

Hi,
I am in the same situation. Could you please update what is the outcome? Should I wait or should I book for an appointment. Please can someone advise depending on their experience.
Many thanks in advance