ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa to India evisa or via vfs

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samkma
Member of Standing

Visa to India evisa or via vfs

Post by samkma » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:10 am

I want to apply for a visa to India (British passport) I looked at evisa and is not available to UK Citizens atm, so how do I apply via HCI in London, can this be done via post or do I have to attend a VFS / Consulate myself?
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Re: Visa to India evisa or via vfs

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:03 pm

Assuming you are going to India for tourism/short stay/family visit, you can apply for a tourist visa (visa vignette will be endorsed in your passport) by applying online:

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html

You will have to take a prior appointment with the VFS through the https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/appointment/

and physically submit the application and relevant supporting documents to the VFS which will be sent to HCI/CGI for processing.

Please refer to the links for the relevant type of visa you would need for your purpose of visit.

ILRUK2014

Post by ILRUK2014 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:51 pm

samkma wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:10 am
I want to apply for a visa to India (British passport) I looked at evisa and is not available to UK Citizens atm, so how do I apply via HCI in London, can this be done via post or do I have to attend a VFS / Consulate myself?
I have a similar question - can I get an advice on how to apply for Indian visa?

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:15 am

You have to apply in person, see above links