ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 pm

BAD NEWS!!!
Guys... I can’t believe it... it’s been refused... but I don’t blame the BHC. It’s all dat stupid Gerryz-VACz fault. Remember I told u guys that when my wife was making the application she was told that the original marriage certificate was not needed, so they didn’t take it part of the application... also for some odd reason, my wife told me they had put the pay slips in a small envelope with the calling cards. Remember I asked for your advice about the original marriage certificate, and most of you said I should send it; well I did send a letter and the original marriage certificate on 2nd Nov – but on 3rd Nov BHC made its decision and sent back the passport –
Refusal letter – BHC has refused on the basis of (1) a valid marriage – 281 (i) a AND (2) payslips were not provided – 281 (v).
NOW WHAT DO I DO???
NOW Our original marriage certificate is with BHC and also the payslips. I don’t understand how they missed out the payslips, I have sent the payslips and my wife saw them when they took them in at Gerryz. We also got photocopies of them.
WHAT SHOULD I DO??? ANY HELP IS NEEDED AT THIS STAGE.. THANKS

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:52 pm

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYSLIPS, WHEN I HAVE SENT THEM ! AND WHY DID GERRYZ GIVE WRONG ADVICE ABOUT THE ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE. DO GERRYZ GIVE A CHECKLIST CONFIRMING WHAT THEY TOOK IN ???

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Assalam-o-Allaikum Everyone

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:05 am

Hi all,

I need to ask few questions related to my dependants, My wife is here on student visa and daughter is her dependant. We got married in 2006 and since then we both were on student visa. Then after having my degree i got IGS and now finally I am on Tier 1 General just approved for 3 years.

I know to make my wife and my daughter as my dependant they need to go back and seek entry clearance from Pakistan.

1) I need to ask as my wife and my daughter are living with me and the tenancy agreement is also in my and mrs name, is this a problem?
2) Can anyone tell me about the procedure please about the bank statements, attestation of my passport copy, is this fine if i can attest through local post office?

Please Members can you guide me ?

Fee Aman ALLAH
AZ

Mr Manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Manchester » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:07 pm

oahmed I hope u recvd good news. Good luck yar!!
Magnet u should get legal advice! Or make contact with ur MP.

I am sooosoooo happy in my life! Khuda ka jitna shukar adah karu kam hai. My wife came this week, they asked her 4 questions when she got here, the questions were asked by a gori in broken urdu with funny accent. She asked:
Kya tum pehli bar uk aa rahi ho? (Are you coming to the uk for the 1st time?)
Kya tumhari shadi ho chuki hai? (Are you married?)
Kab shadi hui? (When did you get married?)
Kis ke pass ja rahi ho? (Who are you going to meet?)
It was all done in a pleasent way and is nothing to worry about!
Good luck to everyone waiting! Inshallah you will all get great news very soon.

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:54 pm

WHATS THE PROCESS FOR A REVIEW? OR WHERE YOU WANT TO ADD FURTHER DOCUMENTS TO SUPPORT TO APPLICATION RATHER THAN GOING DOWN THE APPEAL ROUTE??? naz or oahmed... help i tink u've bin thru somin lyk dis

Safina1

review

Post by Safina1 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:19 pm

magnet i'v jus sent my papers off 4 a review n i tink u shud do d same cos its rejected on d basis of paperwrk. its supposed 2 take abt a month bt as u probab knw d embassy lot have a mind of der own so can take upto a few mnths.

i got advice frm d local immigration advice bureau, u shud do d same, find out hw 2 track ur payslips n marriage certificate n den jus send ur papers bac 2 d pakistan embassy.

Diva
Newly Registered

Post by Diva » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:36 pm

Salam guys,

I ain't applying for a spousal visa (my husbands was done and dusted last year-thank God it's all over!).

Has anyone submitted 3 months worth of paperwork-e.g. just three bank statements, wage slips etc? A friend of mine has been advised she can get away with it but I have my doubts.

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:42 pm

i only sent 3 months bank statements n it was fine. jus make sure she accounts for every penny dat goes in n large amounts dat come out n shows she can support dem both. dats all dey wana knw.

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:45 am

safina after looking thru the papers they sent back... the payslips are also back with them, they were in a small envelope stapled.. as i said dis idiot did dis when submitting the app at VAC, Lahore.. so it seems as if BHC never looked at them.. n i sent the original marriage certificate to BHC via TCS a private courier for a special delivery by hand. on Monday i will find out whether its been delivered. Can you please tell me whats the process for a review, what exatly do i need to do? do we need to make an appointment wid Gerryz again and give passport n these docs again or all docs again, my wife is under 21.. n Nov 27 is comin fast.. so any help needed FAST... thanks

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:33 pm

a lots bin happening.. gna be honest i dunt know alot about appeals as it is my first time submitting an application..n im waiting to from them yet so sos guys if i cant help.....

Mr Manchester - congrats dude..bet ur over da moon init....they didnt ask much apprently they ask a lot of ques to guys who cum over.......

oahmed - hey dude were ya gone...hows ur visa ting going?..bet she got it...dunt keep us in suspence..........

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the late posts folks ....

Alhumdolillah, my missus got her visa !!!! :D :D :D
She got it on friday - I am soooooo happy !! In the end it took only 3 wks for the second application.

I just wanna thank everyone who has provided help, advise and support to me on this forum, you are all great people.

My sincere dua is that all those waiting receive the news they all weant very soon inshallah. Ameen.

:D

Summary:
1st Application submitted - 30th June 08
1st Application result - Rejected 1st Sept 08

2nd Application submitted - 13th Oct 08
Website changed - 4th Nov 08
Got call - 5th Nov
Visa collected - 7th Nov
Visa stamped - 30th Oct 08

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:14 am

oahmed: congrats mate happy 4u!! hope u have a wonderful life together!! ameen :D :D :D

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:42 am

oahmed wrote:Hi Everyone,

She got it on friday - I am soooooo happy !! In the end it took only 3 wks for the second application.

I just wanna thank everyone who has provided help, advise and support to me on this forum, you are all great people.

My sincere dua is that all those waiting receive the news they all weant very soon inshallah. Ameen.

Summary:

Got call - 5th Nov
Visa collected - 7th Nov
yay im soo happi for ya.i know u bin thru a lot regarding this visa..when she cuming down then???? hope u have a wonferful life toghter

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:47 am

Str08 - Thanks mate!! :D

Naz08 - Thank you sooo much. I am absolutely thrilled :D Im gonna pop over and bring her over - next couple of weeks inshallah. May even spend Eid out there, just depends what holidays I get!!

Whats happening with your application - any news yet???

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49 am

Magnet - really sorry to hear about your application. Not ever been involved in 'reviews' so couldn't honestly advise you - sorry dude!!

Wish you the best of luck!!! Remain patient inshallah it will be ok.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:03 am

Advise for everyone -

What I would say to all those whose applications have got rejected, is to seriously consider your next move.

Appeal or reapply??

I can only speak from my experience, but by all accounts the appeal route is quite a long one and can take a few months - 3-6 mths!!
If your application is refused on the basis of a couple of minor points that can be addressed (i.e. as in my case - Housing letter & Company accounts) then I would consider reapplying. Highlight the evidence clearly that your going to supply to counter the original rejection reasons and inshallah you'll be ok. I know it costs more money again, but i know, having to wait soooo long without your partner in the first place, then to possible know that it could be another 6 mths on appeal ... the money is worth paying!!

Also in any of your applications - folks supply all and as much evidence as possible!! No point trying to scrounge on it - give it all!!

Check the BHC/VAC websites regularly for updates, things are changing sooo quick, dont get caught out by turning up with things missing e.g. photocopies.

As I said this is only my experience & my points of view. Dont get me wrong, in many cases appeals are the best & only route. All I am saying is do consider your options.

I grateful to this forum, for the support it has provided & I will continue to help, if there is any bro or sis that needs assistance. Please feel free to ask!!

I pray that everyone who goes through the application process is inshallah successful with minimul hardship!! Ameen.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:37 am

oahmed - Hey veri happi for ya...no news of yet. im gna said hubbi down tomorrow its gna be 2months since i submitted it..gettn worried nw..thinking of sendin them the email now.might just wait untill waht they tell him.....gettn tensed now :(

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:38 am

Summary:

Got call - 5th Nov
Visa collected - 7th Nov
Oahmed - Congratulations mate - Really pleased for you. I did the same thing as you re-apply instead of appealing. We reapplied on the 21st October. The website was updated today 10th November (collect application). I'm hoping my wife gets the call soon. I'm just wishing we get it this time round.

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:46 am

Congrate mate, you kept us in suspense. Just to find out your result I've been checking this forum on a regular basis. I'm happy for you, keep the rest of us in your duas...

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:47 am

Kam1 - good luck inshallah your wife will get the visa this time :D Keep us posted!!

Naz08 - i would get him to go down, also try and get some pro advise, your MP or a lawyer etc... maybe they can find out whats going on!!

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:47 am

Del Piero - Thanx alot bro :D Has your wife submitted her application???

lovebird786

Post by lovebird786 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:57 pm

congrats oahmed, im v happy for u, i wish u n ur partner all the best.

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:29 pm

Congrats OAHMED! dats one down n just few of us to go now.
MAGNET dnt stress u'v got a month to get d papers in 4 a review. dey always keep copies of ur paperwork even thou they send bac d originals. i wud make copies of it all again n send dem wid originals of d new documents. put in letters to explain EVERYTHING dey hav a problem wid n bac up wid as much evidence as poss.

dnt be sarcastic abt it jus say it was a genuine mistake dat was made even though u DID include al d docs. dat way deyr nicer abt changing d decision.

send it thru recorded delivery to d islamabad address, Ramna 5 something or d otha. lol. i know what a name to give a place. it should be on your rejection letter.

u must hav a local advice centre dat deals wid immigration, get sum advice. urz seems more strait 4wrd den mines was, u aint gt much 2 wory abt trust me.

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:57 am

congrats oahmed gd news mate

KAM1 can i ask what vac u applied at?

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 am

hey guys..congrats who got there visa's..
oahmed - my hubbi went today buh there as a massive queue n by the time he got inside the office closed so he said he is gna go tomrrow bright n early n then gna find out what the situation is.......