ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

France visa query

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

msohaib25
Mood:

France visa query

Post by msohaib25 » Tue May 03, 2022 12:46 pm

Hi,

I am british national and my wife has pakistani passport with valid residence visa,

Do my wife need visa? if yes then should i use TLS?

secondly as per british dependent do i have to pay full visa fees or just a service charges.

Do i need to do anything for myself as well, i am british national but do i need anything for france travel?

Please confirm as we need to go to france on 2nd June, they used to process visa in 10 days previously , is it still the same case?

Regards
sohaib

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: France visa query

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2022 12:52 pm

You have to apply for a visa for your spouse and pay the fees. Post Brexit, there is no discount.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

msohaib25
Mood:

Post by msohaib25 » Tue May 03, 2022 2:53 pm

Thanks CR001

For British citizen, do they need anything as well to travel to France?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu May 05, 2022 5:57 am

msohaib25 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:53 pm
Thanks CR001

For British citizen, do they need anything as well to travel to France?
Currently, British citizens do not have to apply for a visa if they are going for touristic purposes and stay for less than 90 days in 180 (unless there is some kind of ban in place for the person or similar).

Next year this will change, when at some point, the ETIAS system will go live. It´s similar to the USA`s ESTA. Third country nationals including British citizens will have to apply for clearance online before travelling to any Schengen country. As far as I know, it will cost about 7 € and be valid for 2 years.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

msohaib25
Mood:

Post by msohaib25 » Thu May 05, 2022 12:11 pm

ok great thanks

It's my hardluck i couldn't find any appointment for TLS france visa for my spouse.

the earliest i can have is for 29th july :(

Not sure what has happened, i used to apply a month before and always able to find appointment frequently

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri May 06, 2022 4:37 pm

msohaib25 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:11 pm
ok great thanks

It's my hardluck i couldn't find any appointment for TLS france visa for my spouse.

the earliest i can have is for 29th july :(

Not sure what has happened, i used to apply a month before and always able to find appointment frequently
Just a guess, but since Brexit, British citizens have to apply for work permits and long stay visas prior to departure if they want to move to/work in France. The work load for the Embassies and Consulates in the UK must have increased exponentially.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.